Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ESPN via Adam Schefter: 1st round tender on Jason

mnb123

It will be ok especially when Jason is gone, hell it can't get much worse.

Wanna bet?

This is what kills me about the JC hate club... They aren't honest with themselves at all. Campbell is not a great quarterback, but he's definitely better than alot of people here give him credit for. He's improved in every season he's played and he's got a hell of a lot of heart... And he's tough as hell.

It could be ALOT worse.

The grass isn't always greener, and sometimes it is, but this type of posting boggles my mind.

You guys can't seriously think he's the absolute worst guy we can have at quarterback, can you?

Wanna bet?

This is what kills me about the JC hate club... They aren't honest with themselves at all. Campbell is not a great quarterback, but he's definitely better than alot of people here give him credit for. He's improved in every season he's played and he's got a hell of a lot of heart... And he's tough as hell.

It could be ALOT worse.

The grass isn't always greener, and sometimes it is, but this type of posting boggles my mind.

You guys can't seriously think he's the absolute worst guy we can have at quarterback, can you?

Yes I am much older then you and I have seen better and worse with this team.

Pretty damn close and he is lucky JaMarcus Russell is still in the league. Hell Campbell is 6-18 in his last 24 and 19-32 total with us.

This expensive, long, painful experiment should finally be over.

Always with the negative waves. :)

It will be ok especially when Jason is gone, hell it can't get much worse.

You should take this offseason to watch some NFL QBs.

http://www.nfl.com/videos

Campbell ranked right in the middle of QB rating on a team that had a LT, RT, and RG that were ranked in the bottom 5 of the NFL in pass protection (see profootballfocus.com) and an OL that was ranked in the bottom 5 in rushing average. As bad as the offense was last year, the only real production came from Campbell. You put Sanchez, Stafford, Joe Flacco, Matt Ryan back, or anyone else back there that couldn't deal with the arguably the worst OL in the game and let's see if they sniff middle of the pack for QB rating.

I know, I know. You're going to say they couldn't run because they stuffed the box because they didn't respect the pass.

The Jags also had 3 bottom 5 OL for pass, but they managed a top 5 rushing average team despite their QB putting up similar numbers to Campbell.

It could be worse. Much worse.

You obviously realize it and like to stir folks up. If you don't realize it, well, you're opinion doesn't hold much value to anyone. It's just irrelevant and unsubstantiated noise.

You should take this offseason to watch some NFL QBs.

http://www.nfl.com/videos

Campbell ranked right in the middle of QB rating on a team that had a LT, RT, and RG that were ranked in the bottom 5 of the NFL in pass protection (see profootballfocus.com) and an OL that was ranked in the bottom 5 in rushing average.

I know, I know. You're going to say they couldn't run because they stuffed the box because they didn't respect the pass.

The Jags also had 3 bottom 5 OL for pass, but they managed a top 5 rushing average team despite their QB putting up similar numbers to Campbell.

It could be worse. Much worse.

You obviously realize it and like to stir folks up. If you don't realize it, well, you're opinion doesn't hold much value to anyone. It's just irrelevant and unsubstantiated noise.

That's your opinion and in stats I trust Jason was 20th and 24th this season. He threw 14 INT's and put the ball on the ground 13 times.

Hopefully the last pass he throws in a Skins uni was the Hail Mary he threw 10 yards out of bounds!

:point2sky

Yes I am much older then you and I have seen better and worse with this team.

What does this have to do with anything? Trying to discredit me because of age is pretty weak.

Pretty damn close and he is lucky JaMarcus Russell is still in the league. Hell Campbell is 6-18 in his last 24 and 19-32 total with us.

No, he's not pretty damn close. We've had some pretty bad quarterbacks here.

Stan Humphries? Cary Conklin? Gus Frerotte? Heath Shuler? Tony Banks? Patrick Ramsey? Shane Matthews? Danny Wuerffel? Tim Hasselbeck? Jay Schroeder?

And that's only in recent times.

I'm not necessarily saying all of these guys are worse, but an argument can be made.

Campbell is a middle of the road NFL QB. And not only speaking in terms of Redskin lore, but in the current league, we could be doing alot worse.

Charlie Frye? JaMarcus Russell? Matt Leinart? Trent Edwards? Brady Quinn? Kyle Orton? Jay Cutler? David Garrard? Alex Smith? Ryan Fitzpatrick? Jake Delhomme? Matt Ryan?

Again, I'm not necessarily saying these guys are worse, but an argument can be made for Campbell against ANY of these guys. Yes, any of them, including the vastly overrated Jay Cutler and Matt Ryan (Who could be great or subpar, depending on what year you look at). Alot of these guys have good counter arguments as well, but some of them no way.

They all either started games in 2009 or are slated to start in 2010. You're telling me that Campbell is worse than ALL of them?

This expensive, long, painful experiment should finally be over.

I don't necessarily disagree here. But he's not the worst we could do. Not by a longshot.

That's your opinion and in stats I trust Jason was 20th and 24th this season. He threw 14 INT's and put the ball on the ground 13 times.

But only stats that prove your point, right?

Forget the 14th in total yardage. 15th in yards per game. 18th in TDs. 15th in QB Rating.

And besides that, you're arguing against yourself with the 20th and 24th argument. Those numbers are CLEARLY not the worst in the NFL. Yet we can't do any worse, correct?

Hopefully the last pass he throws in a Skins uni was the Hail Mary he threw 10 yards out of bounds!

:point2sky

You are delusional. I point to the fact that Campbell was median in QB rating while having 3 of the bottom 5 worst OL in pass pro and a bottom 5 OL for rush YPC.

Fact is he played with one of the worst OLs in the league.

Fact is he put up average numbers despite his supporting cast.

Now, if you want to believe there are 28 other QBs that could put up similar or better numbers with the same cast, go ahead. That would make about as much damn sense as you do already.

You are delusional. I point to the fact that Campbell was median in QB rating while having 3 of the bottom 5 worst OL in pass pro and a bottom 5 OL for rush YPC.

Fact is he played with one of the worst OLs in the league.

Fact is he put up average numbers despite his supporting cast.

Now, if you want to believe there are 28 other QBs that could put up similar or better numbers with the same cast, go ahead. That would make about as much damn sense as you do already.

This is where the Campbell haters 100% lose me. They hate to hate.

I'm not a huge supporter of Jason, either. I'm a middle of the road guy that wouldn't mind seeing him stay and wouldn't mind seeing someone unseat him for the starting spot, but I think he absolutely needs to be on this team this season.

Campbell lovers do the same thing, except the opposite. Cherry pick. Why not look at it for what it really is? He's a decent quarterback that could be improved on, but could also be replaced with much, much worse. If we find someone to replace him that can be better, great. If we can't, great.

Why do we continue to argue about JC? I think the club has sent a pretty clear message that they are willing to listen to offers for him. His time here is near it's end, no matter whether he was good, bad, or middle of the road.

Why do we continue to argue about JC? I think the club has sent a pretty clear message that they are willing to listen to offers for him. His time here is near it's end, no matter whether he was good, bad, or middle of the road.

Listening to offers means nothing, one way or the other. I'd be willing to listen to offers for anyone off of a 4-12 team. Doesn't mean I'm necessarily going to let them go.

Listening to offers means nothing, one way or the other. I'd be willing to listen to offers for anyone off of a 4-12 team. Doesn't mean I'm necessarily going to let them go.

I see what you are saying KDawg, but listening can be construed as a step that Jason is on his way out, or atleast not in any future plans.

We know Shanahan is a smart coach, alot smarter then us fans. I am willing to bet that he has a game plan if Jason does go to another team.

And as some have said, in Shanahan We Trust.

I am getting the feeling that they are kinda shopping Jason, if the right deal comes along, then they will pull the trigger.

And I really feel like its going to be some kind of trade, player for player.

Why not look at it for what it really is? He's a decent quarterback that could be improved on, but could also be replaced with much, much worse. If we find someone to replace him that can be better, great. If we can't, great.

I'm with you. I think he's a good, not great NFL QB. Certainly an arguable point. Good NFL QBs aren't easy to find, and great NFL QBs are really hard to come by.

There's no guarantee that the next QB the Skins spend for will be good, much less great. I worry that the next QB will just be a lateral move, but the Skins will have spent a lot more in salary and/or draft picks for him that will take away from their ability to improve upon one of the league's worst OLs.

This is where the Campbell haters 100% lose me. They hate to hate.

I'm not a huge supporter of Jason, either. I'm a middle of the road guy that wouldn't mind seeing him stay and wouldn't mind seeing someone unseat him for the starting spot, but I think he absolutely needs to be on this team this season.

Campbell lovers do the same thing, except the opposite. Cherry pick. Why not look at it for what it really is? He's a decent quarterback that could be improved on, but could also be replaced with much, much worse. If we find someone to replace him that can be better, great. If we can't, great.

See I think your assuming the typical JC supporter fits your strawman argument.

Listen, Could we do better than JC? Yes, are their Free Agent QBs who would do better, Maybe, but I doubt it. So your then left with the question, how do you upgrade, well the draft obviously. But you expect to have some bumps the first year or two with a new rookie in play.

That being said, I don't see any reason to stick with JC just because he's been here so long. Its a new regime and its time to look at the team with fresh eyes again. If someone made a serious trade offer, and by serious I mean at least one high pick possibly a low pick or a player I'd consider it, but by high it has to be a High 3rd Rounder or a 2nd or a 1st. a Low Third is not high enough given the talent pool this year.

The question of whether to trade JC or not is irrelevant at this point. If you trade him or let him sign, you had better get someone to replace him either high in the draft or a Suitable free agent. That having been said. A team that tries to sign Campbell will most surely have to find a way to make it worth our while, talk turkey if you get my meaning. If they give us a low ball offer, we can laugh in their face and Start JC and worry about the position next year. That's how I feel about it. I'm confident enough that we can send JC out to take more lumps behind a line with some rookies on it, and spare ourselves from ruining a young guy, but honestly. I don' t know what else we can do.

If someone offers to sign him and we could get an extra 1st Round pick. Don't you think we should take that offer? If someone offers a 2nd or high 3rd plus a player or combination of lower picks, should we not consider that?

Like it or not JC is a starting QB in this league. He may be middle of the pack, but you know he's better than at least 20 QBs that played last year. That's just all I can say about that at the moment. So if we let him go we had better have a replacement plan in mind when the deal is made.

Wanna bet?

It could be ALOT worse.

we dont hate JC. dont know him personally and care to know him personally. we just think he is a bad qb. do you know the difference?

shanny and his son has seen enough clips of candle. they see what we see. he cant hit receivers in stride. doesnt throw in tight coverages. most of his comps are when recievers are wide open. no one around them and usually standing still. most of his comps are screen passes and short dumps offs to his check downs. all this due to inaccuracy. one of the worst accuracy in the league. there are others that i can talk about all day like no pocket presence....etc

they know how his stats were generated. to them, stats arent just stats. it's how and when those stats come. they think like us and when i say us, i refering to the so called "JC haters"

but the bottom line, you gotta be drunk out of your mind to start a new career with a new team with a QB like this guy. shanny aint dumb.

See I think your assuming the typical JC supporter fits your strawman argument.

I'm not assuming anything.

Like it or not JC is a starting QB in this league. He may be middle of the pack, but you know he's better than at least 20 QBs that played last year. That's just all I can say about that at the moment. So if we let him go we had better have a replacement plan in mind when the deal is made.

I think you're agreeing with me. With everything. Perhaps go back and read my posts? I never said not to get rid of him?

we dont hate JC. dont know him personally and care to know him personally. we just think he is a bad qb. do you know the difference?

Yes. You're hating on the player, whose name is Jason Campbell. Don't think I ever said you hate the human. Shouldn't it be assumed (assuming is always a mistake, admittedly) that we're talking about his play here since he has no bad track record and we're on a football website?

Do you know the difference between trying to fling crap to a wall to make it stick and a real football discussion?

The topic brought up, here, people, was that JC was the worst we could do. That's far from the truth, and it's a very blind and uninformed statement to make.

Yes. You're hating on the player, whose name is Jason Campbell. Don't think I ever said you hate the human. Shouldn't it be assumed (assuming is always a mistake, admittedly) that we're talking about his play here since he has no bad track record and we're on a football website?

Do you know the difference between trying to fling crap to a wall to make it stick and a real football discussion?

The topic brought up, here, people, was that JC was the worst we could do. That's far from the truth, and it's a very blind and uninformed statement to make.

so we hate "candle" cause we call him "Candle?"

so we are candle hater when we say he cant hit receivers in stride, to their backs, before they make their breaks. most of his comp are screen passes, short dump offs, receivers standing still. his pocket presence is awful, his accuracy is hoorendous, hence doesnt make tight throws. his receivers need to be wide open for him to make throws...etc

so if we are haters, what makes u? a JC lover? why do you love him? LOL

so we hate "candle" cause we call him "Candle?"

so we are candle hater when we say he cant hit receivers in stride, to their backs, before they make their breaks. most of his comp are screen passes, short dump offs, receivers standing still. his pocket presence is awful, his accuracy is hoorendous, hence doesnt make tight throws. his receivers need to be wide open for him to make throws...etc

so if we are haters, what makes u? a JC lover? why do you love him? LOL

You're really making me question your reading comprehension skills.

Yes, you hate Campbell because you call him stupid names that should have disappeared long ago. But that doesn't mean you hate Campbell the human. But would it be a stretch to say you hate Campbell the QB? (As I said in the above post).

I'll say it again, for the third or fourth time in this thread and hopefully this time you get it. I'm neither for, nor against, Jason Campbell. I think he's a middle of the road NFL QB that could be our best option next season. I also think we need to start finding somebody to replace him in the very near future.

He makes some throws and sometimes his receivers catch the ball and sometimes they drop it. We have been plagued with a ton of drops that hit receivers in the hands. Is that his fault? He also makes some really bad throws that are absolutely no where near anyone. I offer no excuses for his bad play and never have. I also offer no excuses for his good play. Sometimes he plays well, other times, he doesn't.

Not sure why this is such a tough topic to understand.

You're really making me question your reading comprehension skills.

Yes, you hate Campbell because you call him stupid names that should have disappeared long ago. But that doesn't mean you hate Campbell the human. But would it be a stretch to say you hate Campbell the QB? (As I said in the above post).

I'll say it again, for the third or fourth time in this thread and hopefully this time you get it. I'm neither for, nor against, Jason Campbell. I think he's a middle of the road NFL QB that could be our best option next season. I also think we need to start finding somebody to replace him in the very near future.

He makes some throws and sometimes his receivers catch the ball and sometimes they drop it. We have been plagued with a ton of drops that hit receivers in the hands. Is that his fault? He also makes some really bad throws that are absolutely no where near anyone. I offer no excuses for his bad play and never have. I also offer no excuses for his good play. Sometimes he plays well, other times, he doesn't.

Not sure why this is such a tough topic to understand.

WHy do you love him again?

WHy do you love him again?

What you're doing, at this point, is trolling.

You have nothing insightful to offer on the topic, and you have no way to respond to what I have to say with any intelligence, so you reply with that non sense.

I'm not even sure you bothered to read the post.

What you're doing, at this point, is trolling.

You have nothing insightful to offer on the topic, and you have no way to respond to what I have to say with any intelligence, so you reply with that non sense.

I'm not even sure you bothered to read the post.

ur trolling. shanny and the staff tendered him and ur still going around trolling. the fact is, if shanny feels the way u do, he would offer to sign him striaght up , come out and say he is the starter. but after seeeing all the clips, he sees what we haters see, not what u lovers see.

this aint no rocket science pal. get with the program.

ur trolling. shanny and the staff tendered him and ur still going around trolling. the fact is, if shanny feels the way u do, he would offer to sign him striaght up , come out and say he is the starter. but after seeeing all the clips, he sees what we haters see, not what u lovers see.

this aint no rocket science pal. get with the program.

Seriously?

This has to be some kind of joke.

Archived