Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ESPN via Adam Schefter: 1st round tender on Jason

mnb123

I personally would want to start a vet to take the early season beating till our line meshes, and make him earn the spot in practice, hopefully halfway through the season or so.

yeh thats what i was thinking. but who? the only one i would consider is pennington. maybe j. garcia? but idk

it seems like this season there is no hope according to everyone on here :(

but i will never admit that.

Perhaps this is a result of a fall out on a contract negotiation.

They couldn't come to a contract agreement.

So both sides agree to throw JC out on a tender. If someone comes along, he may get what he wants. If not, JC considers coming down on his asking price for a contract w/ Redskins.

im with you. ill go either way. as long within 3 years we are in the playoffs. just curious, does everyone want us to start bradford or clausen from day one?

Doesn't matter to me Todd has a contract as does Colt and we could get a Vet FA in here too. Shanny said there would be a lot of open comp at the QB position.

As long as it's not Jason i really don't care.

Doesn't matter to me Todd has a contract as does Colt and we could get a Vet FA in here too. Shanny said there would be a lot of open comp at the QB position.

damn you really hate him dont you? youre willing to have an old, non-mobile qb in collins run the redskins?

its going to be hard as hell to back a team ran by todd collins so if its not campbell, or a rookie then it better be brennan. starting would collins would concede the season before it even starts.

Perhaps this is a result of a fall out on a contract negotiation.

They couldn't come to a contract agreement.

So both sides agree to throw JC out on a tender. If someone comes along, he may get what he wants. If not, JC considers coming down on his asking price for a contract w/ Redskins.

I agree on the negotiations and was saying the same thing early in the day but at this point Jason and his agent has lost all bargaining power with the lowest available tender. No way he gets a long term deal here or else it would have been done long ago.

yeh thats what i was thinking. but who? the only one i would consider is pennington. maybe j. garcia? but idk

it seems like this season there is no hope according to everyone on here :(

but i will never admit that.

I think it all depends on the new FO/Coaching staff's evaluation process and what kinds of deals they pull off this offseason.

If Campbell's still here (And I personally have my fingers crossed that he'll be traded for a second rounder or so), it will of course be him. If not, then I'd rely on Allen/Shanahan(s)'s evaluation of the current roster and available FA's to find the right fit. Whether that's Garcia, Pennington, Bulger if he's cut, or someone already on the roster like Colt or Collins (both of which I doubt), I'm trusting in our new staff completely. And that includes having a very very strong belief that no matter who's at the helm of our offense, it will be more potent then last year because of superior coaching and scheme alone, and hopefully also because of an improved roster. :point2sky

im with you. ill go either way. as long within 3 years we are in the playoffs. just curious, does everyone want us to start bradford or clausen from day one?

I don't want to see them starting from the beginning. I know we've heard from Peyton and others saying it's kinda overblown that rookies can't start from Week 1, and I agree for the most part, but DC is pretty different. So much pressure and the media is almost at its peak here.

And with Bradford, I loved the idea of having JC start for at least half a year because that would be half a year more for Bradford to heal up. If JC started for an entire year, that would be a full year for Bradford's shoulder to heal. Even if it is healed, it would be a year for him to learn the system, catch up to the speed, and NOT get hit in the shoulder by 350 pound linemen at full speed because his OL sucks.

I think people are overlooking that. Having a guy start in front of Bradford would give him even more time to heal up.

damn you really hate him dont you? youre willing to have an old, non-mobile qb in collins run the redskins?

its going to be hard as hell to back a team ran by todd collins so if its not campbell, or a rookie then it better be brennan. starting would collins would concede the season before it even starts.

You really hate Todd don't you or is it the blind love of Jason? Todd when given the keys has done more then Jason could ever dream of doing. Old you want to talk old? Favre is old, Warner was old and Sonny was old and productive. Collins is like a coach and he doesn't have many miles on him.

So to answer you question...hell yes him or Garcia or Sage or Colt or McNabb or even Vick.

You mean other QBs get real reps at camp.

i just heard chris russell on 106.7 say that campbell has not confirmed that there has been a tender offer. does anybody know anything about this??

Translation: JC is sitting in the corner with Carlos & their 1st round tender offers & they ain't answering the phones or calling anyone.

although it does seem like we have coddled him because we give him the excuses of having no help around him on the line and poor coaching, i wouldnt say he has been a brat. i think he has done all the right things off the field. he has stayed mostly quiet and did his job without complaining like other players around the league would have done.

For a guy who has been sacked and hit as much as he has, you have a strange definition of "coddled".

Kinda weird that Rocky Mcintosh's tender was only a 2nd rounder despite the fact that he has much more value

More teams are willing to spend a 1st on a starting QB over a starting OLB.

I think we are being smart and putting the tender of the high end value of our player, but not being unrealistic about it.

Translation: JC is sitting in the corner with Carlos & their 1st round tender offers & they ain't answering the phones or calling anyone.

....so you can't call or recieve phone calls from any other team until Friday when FA and trades begin or else it would be tampering.

You really hate Todd don't you or is it the blind love of Jason? Todd when given the keys has done more then Jason could ever dream of doing. Old you want to talk old? Favre is old, Warner was old and Sonny was old and productive. Collins is like a coach and he doesn't have many miles on him.

So to answer you question...hell yes him or Garcia or Sage or Colt or McNabb or even Vick.

haha comparing todd collins oldness to brett favre's or kurt warner or sonny is pretty funny. they have won super bowls and are both hall of famers. todd collins has been and should remain to be a career backup.

i dont love jason either. i just dont dislike him. i think if he had a solid line around him he could be a like doug williams or trent dilfer in the sense that he isnt the greatest qb but can get the job done.

im all about winning right now. i think jc gives the skins the best chance to win next season if we solidify our oline over a rookie qb who will probably be sitting the bench learning.

he has been coddled in a sense that we have allowed him a lot of chances.

You know, I'm pretty much done with Campbell under center for the Skins. And by pretty much, I mean completely done with. But he hasn't been coddled. Its almost as if our old FO purposely didn't get him what he needed to succeed. IE a functional OL.

Now, to be slightly hypocritical here, I AM of the opinion that our young WR's are much better and more capable than we think, but they've been hindered with a Qb who can't hit them in stride or read defenses or ANTICIPATE anything. So he's at fault as well, yes. But at the same time, I don't know how you can say that this team has been run in a way that was conducive to his success. And with that taken to be true, I'm not sure how you can say he's been coddled.

You know, I'm pretty much done with Campbell under center for the Skins. And by pretty much, I mean completely done with. But he hasn't been coddled. Its almost as if our old FO purposely didn't get him what he needed to succeed. IE a functional OL.

Now, to be slightly hypocritical here, I AM of the opinion that our young WR's are much better and more capable than we think, but they've been hindered with a Qb who can't hit them in stride or read defenses or ANTICIPATE anything. So he's at fault as well, yes. But at the same time, I don't know how you can say that this team has been run in a way that was conducive to his success. And with that taken to be true, I'm not sure how you can say he's been coddled.

i didnt originally say it. someone else before me did. i was trying to not completely throw down his opinion. he said time to get rid of the brat who has been coddled. i was trying to see his point a little. im more with you than i am with him about the coddling part.

haha comparing todd collins oldness to brett favre's or kurt warner or sonny is pretty funny. they have won super bowls and are both hall of famers. todd collins has been and should remain to be a career backup.

i dont love jason either. i just dont dislike him. i think if he had a solid line around him he could be a like doug williams or trent dilfer in the sense that he isnt the greatest qb but can get the job done.

im all about winning right now. i think jc gives the skins the best chance to win next season if we solidify our oline over a rookie qb who will probably be sitting the bench learning.

Right and Jason has a chance of winning next year being 19-32 lifetime and 6-18 in the last 24. Winning season with him is as far fetched as comparing Todd with Favre, Warner and Sonny don't you think :)

Makes sense but what do you think they think of the tenders?

What do you think they think of the tenders? Rocky is pissed that he thinks he's worth more then a 2nd.

Los better see the writing on the wall that he was only tendered a 1st while DR is gonna be free to sign here. Maybe he shouldn't have run his mouth & taken roundabout shots & his team mates in his interview last week. Durrrr.

JC shoulda expected it. They didn't want him last year & they ain't that high on him this year. He signs the tender, no one else offers him anything or offers anything for him, them he gets be a punching bag until Bradford is ready or the O-Line is upgraded enough for Bradford to take over.

Right and Jason has a chance of winning next year being 19-32 lifetime and 6-18 in the last 24. Winning season with him is as far fetched as comparing Todd with Favre, Warner and Sonny don't you think :)

i love how you are right about everything on these boards :)

i think next season with a better offensive line and campbell at qb we have a better chance of winning than having a bad oline and a vet qb or rookie qb. thats what i think.

but when i think ahead to the next 10 years, i would love to have a peyton manning type. so i am open to whatever as long as the oline is better.

at the end of the day, i am happy with what shanny decides and im not going to cry if campbell is gone like i think you would if campbell stays :ols:

im done with this subject

i love how you are right about everything on these boards :)

i think next season with a better offensive line and campbell at qb we have a better chance of winning than having a bad oline and a vet qb or rookie qb. thats what i think.

but when i think ahead to the next 10 years, i would love to have a peyton manning type. so i am open to whatever as long as the oline is better.

at the end of the day, i am happy with what shanny decides and im not going to cry if campbell is gone like i think you would if campbell stays :ols:

im done with this subject

The future is now and thank God Jason isn't going to be part of the future.

What do you think they think of the tenders? Rocky is pissed that he thinks he's worth more then a 2nd.

Los better see the writing on the wall that he was only tendered a 1st while DR is gonna be free to sign here. Maybe he shouldn't have run his mouth & taken roundabout shots & his team mates in his interview last week. Durrrr.

JC shoulda expected it. They didn't want him last year & they ain't that high on him this year. He signs the tender, no one else offers him anything or offers anything for him, them he gets be a punching bag until Bradford is ready or the O-Line is upgraded enough for Bradford to take over.

Sounds right and I know jason should have expected it but you know it bothers him. I think he and his agent do anything to keep him from being here next season.

Archived