Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ESPN via Adam Schefter: 1st round tender on Jason

mnb123

Longshot its not a GIVEN we will get a 1st the Skins can accept any compensation for JC they just threw out the 1st to open neogiations. Most here would take a 3rd for him I say 2nd. I think us getting a 1st is just that a longshot. I want JC here for the reasons stated but it does look like Shanny is shopping him.

I was responding to someone who was going under the assumption that the OL would be left high and dry if someone was signing Campbell, with the understanding that if someone signed him to an offer sheet that they'd have to forfeit a first round pick.

You are correct that the Skins could arrange a deal to trade Campbell at some point, but that is fully under the team's control, where signing a guy to an offer sheet limits the Redskins options.

There is no agreement. The team tenders what it deems necessary. Campbell has zero input.

You are right that the team can tender a guy at whatever level they choose, but I think it is ignorant to think that Campbell and his agent had no input about that, considering that they likely talked to his agent during the combine.

Personally, I think there was little to gain by the team to tender him higher.

There is no agreement. The team tenders what it deems necessary. Campbell has zero input.

I just don't know.

I can envision the following conversation:

Campbell: Hey, Shanny, do me a favor. Offer me less money so I can get out of here.

Shanahan: Happy to oblige.

;):evilg::silly::ols::D:saber:

No need to be all negative about it. :)

It might be that a team is desperate for a QB, and right now, Campbell is arguably the best prospect out there. Now before your ego gets all nutty on me that doesn't mean Campbell is an awesome, elite QB everyone is just dying to get on their team... just that the talent pool is dried up at the position and he may be a team's best option, especially if they're looking to win now and have other pieces in place.

Campbell has proven to be extremely effective and efficient when he has the benefit of a Defense not knowing what is coming next. As long as a team has a solid play caller and can run the ball enough to never become one-dimensional, he can be a solid starter.

So, you never know. It might be a long shot (I honestly believe we can get a 2nd for him), but maybe we get a team willing to part ways with their 1st for him.

Man I regret posting this, lol. Now here comes the "yeah right, lol, hahahaha, candle is not worth a 6th rounder, he sucks!" replies. :beatdeadhorse:

Personally, if a trade would be done, I think the Vikings are the best option. They need a vet QB if they want to compete next year and Sage Rosenfels is a known quantity to the offensive staff. Throw in a 2nd or 3rd round pick, and I think it is a decent deal.

I just don't know.

Campbell: Hey, Shanny, do me a favor. Offer me less money so I can get out of here.

That conversation doesn't make sense. It's not in Campbell's best interest to request a lesser tender under any circumstance as he can be traded just as easily with the highest tender as he can with the second highest tender. The Redskins, however, stand to save a little bit of money by offering the lower tender assuming they can't find a suitable offer for Campbell.

I just don't know.

No one on the planet is going to sign him to a 1st rd offer sheet.

This is a message that he is so insignificant to the Redskins they aren't willing to risk an extra relatively measly 100k in an uncapped year over him to gain more leverage.

The days of coddling the brat are over. Welcome to reality.

That conversation doesn't make sense. It's not in Campbell's best interest to request a lesser tender under any circumstance as he can be traded just as easily with the highest tender as he can with the second highest tender. The Redskins, however, stand to save a little bit of money by offering the lower tender assuming they can't find a suitable offer for Campbell.

Course, that's assuming that the Redskins are looking to trade Campbell, which I'm not convinced that they are. For all we know, the team's intention is that they want Campbell for next season regardless. In that case, Campbell might want to take less money to leave the possibility slightly more open that another team could sign him to an offer sheet. Granted, that chance is pretty small, but that's better than nothing, which would have happened if they gave him the high tender.

Course, that's assuming that the Redskins are looking to trade Campbell, which I'm not convinced that they are. For all we know, the team's intention is that they want Campbell for next season regardless. In that case, Campbell might want to take less money to leave the possibility slightly more open that another team could sign him to an offer sheet. Granted, that chance is pretty small, but that's better than nothing, which would have happened if they gave him the high tender.

The loser has zero say. All he can do is not sign the offer sheet and hold out. He has no other leverage.

No one on the planet is going to sign him to a 1st rd offer sheet.

This is a message that he is so insignificant to the Redskins they aren't willing to risk an extra relatively measly 100k in an uncapped year over him to gain more leverage.

The days of coddling the brat are over. Welcome to reality.

although it does seem like we have coddled him because we give him the excuses of having no help around him on the line and poor coaching, i wouldnt say he has been a brat. i think he has done all the right things off the field. he has stayed mostly quiet and did his job without complaining like other players around the league would have done.

although it does seem like we have coddled him because we give him the excuses of having no help around him on the line and poor coaching, i wouldnt say he has been a brat. i think he has done all the right things off the field. he has stayed mostly quiet and did his job without complaining like other players around the league would have done.

Accusing teh front office of racism and claiming the team treated him like used toilet tissue is saying all the right things.

hopefully its to the rams for a 3rd or 4th and that alex barron tackle, then they can take one of the premiere DTs for spags, we get bradford, and everything works out nice and pretty.

I love it when a plan comes together!

That he'll be our starting QB next season unless Vinny got hired as a GM of another team.

More like JC will be here another year unless someone offers up a trade worthwhile in compensation. This doesn't by any means automatically give him the starting QB job. Unless you're going by years previous where he took it by default.

I'd take a 2nd for Campbell in a second. 3rd rounder probably, but I wouldn't be nearly as happy about it.

JC starting next year while we groom Bradford was my ideal plan. We could then see if JC has a year worth pursuing him for the long term, as doubtful as it would be, but you never know.

In the long term, yeah this is probably the best. Get something for him now if we can. I'm of the opinion that you never let a starter walk. But Shanahan has been hesitant to say he is rebuilding, and JC is obviously the best QB on the team and will probably be the best QB on the team with or without Bradford/Clausen.

Eh, whatever. Wait and see, I can go either way on this issue.

Accusing teh front office of racism and claiming the team treated him like used toilet tissue is saying all the right things.

gimme the quote and the link to him sayin the front office was racist. i dont believe that at all. but he could have done much worse.

This means absolutely nothing. A team isn't going to give up a first rounder for Campbell so there is no sense in tendering him any higher, it would just be a waste of Danny's money. Campbell could be our starter for 2010 and beyond or he could be moved by draft day and everything in between is possible. This means aboslutely nothing but surely mediots and fans will run with it anyway.

I'd take a 2nd for Campbell in a second. 3rd rounder probably, but I wouldn't be nearly as happy about it.

JC starting next year while we groom Bradford was my ideal plan. We could then see if JC has a year worth pursuing him for the long term, as doubtful as it would be, but you never know.

In the long term, yeah this is probably the best. Get something for him now if we can. I'm of the opinion that you never let a starter walk. But Shanahan has been hesitant to say he is rebuilding, and JC is obviously the best QB on the team and will probably be the best QB on the team with or without Bradford/Clausen.

Eh, whatever. Wait and see, I can go either way on this issue.

im with you. ill go either way. as long within 3 years we are in the playoffs. just curious, does everyone want us to start bradford or clausen from day one?

What the **** are you talking about dude? Out of everyone on this board, you are probably the poster who likes to hear himself talk the most, it seems. Except maybe TR1, but he spends all of his time pissing off Cowboys fans, so I give him a pass.

just curious, does everyone want us to start bradford or clausen from day one?

I personally would want to start a vet to take the early season beating till our line meshes, and make him earn the spot in practice, hopefully halfway through the season or so.

Archived