Extremeskins

2010 Olympics : Men's Hockey

Ellis

Thurs 2/18/10

12:30-2:30am: Czech Republic vs. Slovakia - CNBC

3:00-5:30pm: USA vs. Norway - USA Network

8:00-10:00pm: Canada vs. Norway - CNBC

Norway playing back to back?

It looked strange when I posted it as well. My line of thought is that one of those two games isn't live. I'd go with the USA vs. Norway game as my bet that it isn't on live considering the description on the web site.

Men's Hockey

One of the biggest names of the Games, NHL superstar Sidney Crosby leads the Canadians as they take on Norway live. Two years after being left off the 2006 Canadian Olympic team, Crosby is arguably the tournament's best player. No medal means more to the host country than Hockey gold; expect the atmosphere to be electric.

Either that or, considering your edit, perhaps NBC has ****ed something up yet again. That wouldn't be beyond the realm of possibility either.

When the ___ did we start pulling for Russia as a second choice after the US? I mean, I get it, Canada is the hockey home and power but why not Sweden or Finland or god knows who else---ANYONE but Russia.

:applause:

Russia = Crappiest. Culture. Ever. In World History.

(seriously)

When the ___ did we start pulling for Russia as a second choice after the US? I mean, I get it, Canada is the hockey home and power but why not Sweden or Finland or god knows who else---ANYONE but Russia.
3 Washington Capitals players are on the Russian Team, Alex Ovechkin being the most popular.

If you are a Caps fan, you HATE the Penguins with all your heart. They are the Cowboys of hockey.

Crosby is the arch-rival of Ovechkin and he will be playing for Canada.

Crosby plays for the Penguins.

Therefore... **** Canada!!! LOL!

Exactly!!! That and that little ****er Steve Yzerman didn't put Mike Green on their team.

In the immortal words of that Senator from the South Park movie... **** Canada!!

Wow. That's bad. Maybe the curling connoiseuers need to see the individual bristles....

Who am I kidding. Nobody watches that ****. :ols:

Have you forgotten 4 years ago? Curling was huge! I'm not joking. People at my office were talking about going to Maryland's Curling Club. Curling had a renaissance last winter Olympics.

I love hockey, and prefer it over Curling, but it's not NHL hockey. There's a different flavor to it. I'm a fan, but not a big fan.

I agree that Canada is Public Enemy #1 for as long as Crosby the Crybaby plays. I think I hate him more than any other player in any other sport.

Do you hate him because you think he's overrated, or because he's hyped? Just curious. Because, IMO, he's the 2nd best player in the world, despite the fact that his face looks like he's sucking on a lemon 24/7.

Do you hate him because you think he's overrated, or because he's hyped? Just curious. Because, IMO, he's the 2nd best player in the world, despite the fact that his face looks like he's sucking on a lemon 24/7.

Neither. I hate him because he's a douche. He whines about everything. He whined about being hit by Ovechkin last season. He whined about Ovechkin curving his stick too much in the playoffs. He whined about how long it took to clear the ****ing hats off of the ice when Ovie notched his playoff hat trick. And the players of the NHL agree:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h3atOIUzMb0&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h3atOIUzMb0&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

He turns into a giant crybaby whenever things don't go his way. And I'm sure he'll do it again if Canada loses in the Olympics.

I'm bummed that they aren't playing on the larger international rink size.

What?!

WTF is the point of playing Olympic hockey (which has always been superior, IMO) if you're not going to play on the larger rink? Seriously, that's part of the appeal. When I was a kid I used to play with a curtain rod (the ones that arent' really rods) and a rubber ball and do Olympic hockey in the hallway. Never cared much for the NHL.

As for a bunch of Caps playing for Russia--so what? They're still playing for Russia. Again, I get pulling against Canada, I probably will too, but they do have other countries. Sure, you can love Ovechkin while he's here but when they don that Russian uniform they are not to be rooted for by Americans (who aren't of Russian descent.)

That's my take on it :) Go USA! Go Finland, possibly!

As for a bunch of Caps playing for Russia--so what? They're still playing for Russia. Again, I get pulling against Canada, I probably will too, but they do have other countries. Sure, you can love Ovechkin while he's here but when they don that Russian uniform they are not to be rooted for by Americans (who aren't of Russian descent.)

So we shouldn't root for Russian, but Finland is okay?

Neither. I hate him because he's a douche. He whines about everything. He whined about being hit by Ovechkin last season. He whined about Ovechkin curving his stick too much in the playoffs. He whined about how long it took to clear the ****ing hats off of the ice when Ovie notched his playoff hat trick. And the players of the NHL agree:

He turns into a giant crybaby whenever things don't go his way. And I'm sure he'll do it again if Canada loses in the Olympics.

Good answer, good video. I'm surprised that so many players want to continue to break for the Olympics. I knew that some did, but I had no idea it was over 80 percent.

check out Ovechkin's new Olympic skates:

He seems to like yellow.

If Russia is playing Sweden and Ovechkin has a prime opportunity to lay out Backstrom, does he do it?

No, part of what makes Backstrom so great is he rarely gets hit in the neutral zone. He skates to space better than anyone I can think of. Ovie hits everything that moves but by the nature of the game he most often hits defensemen in the forecheck. I highly doubt Ovie will seek contact in the Olympics as much as he does in the NHL. It's a different game. Of course this is me convincing myself that there will be no cap on cap violence.

What?!

WTF is the point of playing Olympic hockey (which has always been superior, IMO) if you're not going to play on the larger rink? Seriously, that's part of the appeal. When I was a kid I used to play with a curtain rod (the ones that arent' really rods) and a rubber ball and do Olympic hockey in the hallway. Never cared much for the NHL.

DC sports fans are strange. It's the only city I've lived in where fans seem to like the individual players on their favorite teams over their favorite teams. I'm half convinced that if Ovechkin ever went to Detroit, Caps fans would still cheer for him.

Archived