Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2010 Olympics : Men's Hockey

Ellis

Knowing Ovie, yeah. Him and Malkin used to be/still are good friends.

At the time Ovechkin was taking runs at Malkin they didn't like each other at all. I believe they had a falling out after Ovechkin was rumored to have punched Malkin's manager (or someone like that) at a bar.

I think they finally mended fences last year during the all star game. I remember it being a big story because Ovechkin and Malkin had been roommates and were thought to have been good friends.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to getting home from work eary to catch some of the game today.

DC sports fans are strange. It's the only city I've lived in where fans seem to like the individual players on their favorite teams over their favorite teams. I'm half convinced that if Ovechkin ever went to Detroit' date=' Caps fans would still cheer for him.[/quote']:no:
They eliminated the blue line.
So for those who like hockey but don't know much about the rules, this means...:dunce:

:no:So for those who like hockey but don't know much about the rules, this means...:dunce:

It's first function is to separate true Caps/hockey fans from bandwagon Ovi-era hockey fans.

:ols:

I kid, I kid... :cool:

It's an old rule from before the NHL lockout about passing the puck between players in different zones. It's techincally called a 2-line pass. The blue line separates the 3 zones of the rink. Before the neutral zone was made smaller, if a defensiveman passed the puck over the blue line and center line to another player, it was called a 2-line pass penalty. Removing this rule has made way for a faster, more exciting game b/c there are now more chances for break-aways.

It's first function is to separate true Caps/hockey fans from bandwagon Ovi-era hockey fans.

I kid, I kid... :cool:

It's an old rule from before the NHL lockout about passing the puck between players in different zones. It's techincally called a 2-line pass. The blue line separates the 3 zones of the rink. Before the neutral zone was made smaller, if a defensiveman passed the puck over the blue line and center line to another player, it was called a 2-line pass penalty. Removing this rule has made way for a faster, more exciting game b/c there are now more chances for break-aways.

And thank you.

Well, I'm not sure that was a dominant performance by the USA Team. But, the Swiss are no slouches

Yeah, they seemed to slip up defensively a little too much. But they were good more often that not, and that's the most important thing. They have five days to get better for their game against Canada.

If Russia is playing Sweden and Ovechkin has a prime opportunity to lay out Backstrom, does he do it?

Yes, but Niklas won't give him that opportunity.

OK, I don't follow hocky except fpr the olympics, so does the US hockey team use pros like in olympic basketball?

You follow Olympic hockey, but you didn't know that many of the teams are primarily composed of NHL players? Live and learn, I suppose.

Yeah, they seemed to slip up defensively a little too much. But they were good more often that not, and that's the most important thing. They have five days to get better for their game against Canada.

America is playing Canada next, hm.... I wonder how much whining we're going to have to endure.

After watching so many Caps games recently, I thought they're defense was stellar.

That was the rule that made me NOT like the old NHL.

So they're playing without the 2-line pass rule now?!

Christ, I need to waste time watching NHL then! (well, I would but I'm busy ;)

Thought this was funny since someone was talking about whether Ovechkin would hit Backstrom if they played:

A quote from Malkin that I saw over on from the unofficial Caps boards:

Dmitry Chesnokov on Twitter:

<<Geno to SovSport: "Sid and I wished each other good luck. But if we meet in a game, I will hit him. And not once."

about 3 hours ago from web >>

Thought this was funny since someone was talking about whether Ovechkin would hit Backstrom if they played:

A quote from Malkin that I saw over on from the unofficial Caps boards:

Dmitry Chesnokov on Twitter:

<<Geno to SovSport: "Sid and I wished each other good luck. But if we meet in a game, I will hit him. And not once."

about 3 hours ago from web >>

I knew there was a reason that I respected him.

Archived