Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2010 Olympics : Men's Hockey

Ellis

Typical Cowboys fan, cheering for the wrong team :pfft:

And I assume you're cheering for Canada tomorrow? :saber:

:laythehur

lol you are cheering for Slovakia because of a connection to the Capitals. I'm cheering for Finland because of a connection to the Stars. Finland has one current Dallas Stars player (Jere Lehtinen) and three recent former Stars players.

But even without any Stars connections, I'd cheer for Finland because USA beat them.

lol you are cheering for Slovakia because of a connection to the Capitals. I'm cheering for Finland because of a connection to the Stars. Finland has one current Dallas Stars player (Jere Lehtinen) and three recent former Stars players.
Fair enough.

hahahahahaha there is so much crow being served in this thread its amazing. Especially to HH who said that We wont hear our anthem played after the final game.

The bottom line is very simple, we outplayed you guys the first game and then beat you in the 2nd.

If I get banned for this then so beat it, but after you guys won it was as if you were all on top of the world. This is too sweet to imagine

If I get banned for this then so beat it, but after you guys won it was as if you were all on top of the world. This is too sweet to imagine

The last half of the third period is what jacked up the numbers. It wasn't a domination up until that point (in the first game.)

Let's look at it like this. You got by Slovakia. You lost to the US. You were slow against, the Swiss?

The US went undefeated up until overtime. It never trailed in the tournament until this game. While you squeaked by Slovakia, we blew out Finland (an actual medalist.)

This was all done on your home ice.

Seriously, you're acting like you were the underdog or blew out the US.

I would argue that goalie play is just as much part of the game as the rest--excuses, excuses, "we outplayed you." Did you? If we're talking the entire game up until 12 minutes in the game, was it really that uneven? I don't think so.

But yeah, play at goal doesn't count. Just like a goalkeep in soccer somehow doesn't count as part of his team's skill. LOL

Archived