Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Would you be willing to trade up for Ndamukong Suh‎?

walker77

I think you should have posed the question differently.

I think we'd get a wider variety of answers if it read:

"If you KNEW that Suh was going to become the most dominant DT to ever play the game, would you trade up to get him?"

In that case, most people would imagine a DL with him, Haynesworth, Orakpo, and Carter, and probably ejaculate in their pants.

This is literally the dumbest draft idea that I've ever seen. In the OP, you acknowledge that we have needs at least SIX other areas, but you not only want to draft Suh; you want to trade up?

I mean, wow. Dumbest idea I've ever heard.

**** that.

I think we should trade our #4 and Orakpo for the #6 selection from teh Seahawks.

Yes, I'm suggesting that we give up our best young player in order to trade DOWN.

How about that?

No to trading up. The Skins if they stay at four need to get a player who will be an immediate impact starter. Not saying Suh is not a beast but the Skins need impact players on the offense at OLine, possibly QB and RB. The defense is fine. Even the Ravens who had a dominant D in 2000 needed an OLine to at least open holes for Lewis to run through.

Now if he is there at four and we cannot trade down, Skins should grab him, he is too good to pass up.

Defense has been the focus of much of our drafting the last couple of years and look where that got us...NOWHERE! We ahve had a strong showing on defense for the past couple of years and have ranked consistently in the top 5. Our weakness is in our offensive side of the ball. QB is not the main concern. O-line is our most pressing need. Not even Peyton Manning could do very well without proper protection nor Walter Peyton without good solid run blocking. We need to address O-line in free agency and the draft at #4 if possible. Give us a solid line to get rolling on offense, and sustain drives so our defense isn't on the field "24/7" and our overall record will reflect a winning season and possible playoff berths. Plain and simple!

We already have the #4 pick, we would have to give that up and something else to trade up. That's an absolutely atrocious idea. We need to trade down, and get more picks, not less. With the 4th pick we would definitely get two, might even get 3 picks for it. Especially when D line (for a change) isn't one of our glaring needs.

LOL, trade UP? so we trade extra picks or future picks to trade up to draft a guy that we have absolutely no need for, and we decide to lock up over $150 mil in one position with the worst offense over a decade and a new offensive minded head coach.

where do i sign??

Danny, didn't you promise to step aside on stuff like this?

:silly:

LOL, trade UP? so we trade extra picks or future picks to trade up to draft a guy that we have absolutely no need for, and we decide to lock up over $150 mil in one position with the worst offense over a decade and a new offensive minded head coach.

where do i sign??

Stick to the JC threads BLC, at least you can pretend like you havent lost your mind there. Kinda.:silly:

I keed, I keed:evilg:

But yeah, I'm not sure if there is a WORSE move we could make.

Yes I know about the needs on the O Line and other areas of the team but as you all know this guy is a monster! I dont see him dropping down to 4th (but who would have though Orakpo would have fallen as well?) and the only way practical way I can see getting him is by trading up.

My questions are:

1. Would you want to see the skins trade up to get him?

2. What do you think we would have to give up to get him?

To the part where you said who would have thought Orakpo would have fallen.

Apparently him falling to 13 means 12 other teams or one third the draft passed on him including four 3-4 teams. Obviously he was viewed as a 4-3 pass rushing DE. Not 3 down DE or 3-4 OLB. If he was either of those he would have went higher. What I find funny is how we are going to try to turn him into a 3-4 OLB yet multiple teams passed on him during the draft because they didnt feel he would be effective there.

#1. No. If he fell to us I'd want us to trade down to someone who really wants him. We have more pressing needs then DLINE. The only way you take him if he drops to us is if coaches truly believe he could be the best 3-4 NT in the league. If not, pass.

#2. Nothing.

Archived