Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Would you be willing to trade up for Ndamukong Suh‎?

walker77

Think the op is getting slammed here a little unfairly.

Suh is the monster in this draft and probably the only player that could be considered on another level above all else which makes him by far this most compelling and easy pick in this draft.

Indulge me in this scenario, so we know St Louis NEEDS a QB. Bulger is done and they are willing to take either Bradford or Claussen. Knowing the instability of their ownership they are looking to pinch a few pennies and take either QB as a franchise player as they know one if not both of Bradford / Claussen will be there for them at 4. Their front office also has had bad luck drafting regional Dlineman in the 1st round [carriker] and Sparrano has seen the impact of drafting a Qb in the success of a franchise from his time with the giants.

Our skins have a new FO and a new Hc who are looking to draft an impact player while not making a mistake that will marr the new regime, we know Shanny loves his dlineman and loves the idea of turing us into a 3-4. Given that Suh is projected as the prototype for a 3-4 end and we have the cash base to pay him the most expensive contract in the history of rookie deals I could see us making a push to make this deal happen.

If we could perhaps exchange 1st and 2nd rounders and add in carlos or a 2nd rounder next year for the rights to Suh i think it would benefit both parties. The only flaw in this scenario is that Kc isn't going to be looking QB at 5 either but given their money problems and lack of tradeable parts we may be the best option for St Louis to trade down for some value and still get what they want. The skins on the other hand get perhaps the biggest 3-4 cornerstone prospect to ever come out of the draft to spearhead the Hasslett implementation of the new defense and take on very little risk for trading up and giving away value as it gives Dan his non vanilla defense pillars for the next 10 years.

Sure its speculation but I see potential for this deal to happen and don't see it as too farfetched of an option for either team to want to make this a reality.

Stick to the JC threads BLC, at least you can pretend like you havent lost your mind there. Kinda.:silly:

I keed, I keed:evilg:

But yeah, I'm not sure if there is a WORSE move we could make.

BLC was making fun of the idea of trading up I believe. He was in no way suggesting we should trade up for Suh.

Stick to the JC threads BLC, at least you can pretend like you havent lost your mind there. Kinda.:silly:

I keed, I keed:evilg:

But yeah, I'm not sure if there is a WORSE move we could make.

BLC made a good sarcastic post there. Hey, how's this for a worst move:

Let's party like it's 1999! (almost literally). At corner: let's bench Rogers and pay big $ to bring in Terrence Newman from Dallass, and have Newman give a big press conference where he says "it's not about the money". Then let Orakpo and Devin Thomas go to the Eagles, and bring in Kiwanuka from a NY team. (again to big $).

Championship! Woo Hooo!

BLC was making fun of the idea of trading up I believe. He was in no way suggesting we should trade up for Suh.
BLC made a good sarcastic post there. Hey, how's this for a worst move:

Championship! Woo Hooo!

God, you guys are worse on internetz sarcasm than I am.

WTF did you think the "I keed" meant? As in I kid (Kidding):doh:

I at least attempted to be obvious about it, and you guys still cant pick up on it.

Jesus Christ.........you guys need to lighten up.

we dont have the luxury to trade up for no player,but if Shu falls to us,draft him!! Shu,Big Al,Jarmon,Rakpo, wouldnt be fair even in a game of Madden.For all the people who dont want Shu,if we draft him..Let me be the first to get his jersey...Ah is no young man,In no way does drafting Shu hurts us.Shu will not be available though,come to think of it......Has a Dt ever been a first pick before? Really,can we see Romo sits to pee playing against big Albert, and Shu twice a year? no way, too good to be true

God, you guys are worse on internetz sarcasm than I am.

WTF did you think the "I keed" meant? As in I kid (Kidding):doh:

I at least attempted to be obvious about it, and you guys still cant pick up on it.

Jesus Christ.........you guys need to lighten up.

ACtually I think I quoted the wrong post, I wasn't meaning to quote yours :(

• 2 months later...

I don't understand this hoopla with trading up. We're desperate in the picks department and yet i see threads asking for a trade proposal.

We can't think "NORTH". Our only solutions should be East, West or encouragingly South.

Archived