Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Congrats to 5 former Skins who Earned Superbowl rings tonight (merged)

HSW

Does Cerrato ring a #@%@@# up bell? We definitely should have kept him over Collins but I guess that #2 security blanket was more important than any long-term competition at QB.

Over Collins? More like over Campbell. Collins has given us more smiles than JC has in way fewer games. JC has been giving us the blues, and im talkin some of that new orleans southern blues.

Congrats to Mark Brunell and Greg Williams. Mark carried the jags for years to two AFC championship games and lead us to the playoffs after being absent for 5 years. He is truly deserving of a ring. Sean payton foreited some of his salary to get Gregg Williams. That was a wise investment one that Dan Snyder and Vinny Cerrato couldn't realize.

Congrats to Mark Brunell and Greg Williams. Mark carried the jags for years to two AFC championship games and lead us to the playoffs after being absent for 5 years. He is truly deserving of a ring. Sean payton foreited some of his salary to get Gregg Williams. That was a wise investment one that Dan Snyder and Vinny Cerrato couldn't realize.

Nothing is wrong with him being a DC. I still would not want him as my head guy.

Yes but not all 5 of those former skins earned a ring. Getting a ring and earning a ring are two totally different things.

Sure. But how many message board commandos (not necessarily aimed at you ODM) sounding off in that vein have ever achieved anywhere near that kind of elite status in their professional turf as these guys who made it to the NFL and looked good enough to someone who counts to be chosen, in whatever role, by an organization sharp enough to build a SB run? As for Brunell, the guy was a damn good QB in his prime and a good man everywhere he played. He also was part of setting several Redskins records (including meaningful ones). And he did make it to two AFC championships with the Jaguars, so I think it's a cool that one of the good guys got the ring even as just a small part of the team effort.

Archived