Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Congrats to 5 former Skins who Earned Superbowl rings tonight (merged)

HSW

Happy for coach williams.

I always thought he was a championship DC in the NFL, now there is some proof to back it up.

Too bad the Skins couldn't get him a competent offense because he could have done the same thing to the defense here in DC.

It's just interesting psychology to me. Ignore it. :silly:

To me it's kind of like saying the assistant coaches don't deserve a ring because they didn't actually call any plays in the game. Everyone on the team AND in the organization works hard all week to prepare for the game, whether they are playing as the scout team, or filling in for the starters, they're working.

Team doctors and managers and others who never touch the field for a play, or have any direct impact on the game also get rings, but in this sense they didn't "earn" them. If it hadn't been for all the people on waiting on the sidelines during the game (who worked their ****** off during the week) the Saints wouldn't have won either.

One of my current professors is a team doctor for the Cardinals, he's got a World Series Championship ring from their win a few years back, he also has a Super Bowl Ring from working with the Rams when they won the SB. Hopefully I can work my butt off and be in a position to not earn a ring too. Just cause they don't see the field, they're all doing their jobs to try to win the game.

Anyway, congratulations to all of them, I hope their freaking ball boy gets a ring from this, I'm just happy for people who win the SB, as long as it's not the Cowboys or Eagles, I have no problem cheering for them.

I just don't get excited for former players. Let alone guys that had little impact while here except for frustration.

I am however impressed that Williams' D stopped Manning. I really figured that Manning vs. Williams was going to be a one sided affair in favour of the colts.

Congratulations to Coach Williams! He deserves a lot of credit for the win, and it is clear that he is a great defensive mind.

Also good for Brunell. The ring is a well-deserved reward for a great career. He also got to play a part - holding on those long field goals in the first half that kept the Saints in the game. Pierson Prioleau also got a special teams tackle in the game.

Leigh Torrance made a good choice following Gregg Williams to New Orleans, although I always thought he belonged in DC as the politician in the locker room. As for Chase Daniels, hopefully this isn't the highlight of his pro career. Watching a Super Bowl from the sideline should at least inspire him to keep working hard to get back.

And to think we were this close to beating the World Champs if only Suishy would have done his job...

Well if we would have beaten them they probably wouldn't have won the superbowl because Minnesota would have had homefield advantage.

i wonder where winning a superbowel from the sideline ranks in comparison to eating a booger on the sideline to chase daniels?

i'd say it's probably up there, what say you?

I'd say that Chase is pretty darn happy he's the 3rd string QB on a Superbowl winning team than a 3rd string QB a 4-12 team. Plus look who he has to learn QB skills from, a Superbowl MVP rather than JC who lacks in so many areas.

Yep, Chase sure got lucky when the Redskins cut him loose. And I bet he's thanking his lucky stars.

Pierson Prioleau - Played 15 games as a Redskin

Mark Brunnell - Played 35 games as a Redskin (out of 175 games in his career)

Chase Daniel - Played zero games as a Redskin

How are these "former Redskins"? I don't care if they earned their ring or not, kudos to them for getting one either way, but several on this board are acting like they were Redskin icons who parted ways and finally won the big one. I say crap on them, crap on Gregg Williams, and crap on New Orleans! Until the Redskins are hoisting the Lombardi, I'll continue to say the same thing about every team that wins the Superbowl. If you aren't a Redskin, I have zero love for you.

- HTTR!!

Archived