Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Congrats to 5 former Skins who Earned Superbowl rings tonight (merged)

HSW

Congrats to Mark Brunell and Greg Williams. Mark carried the jags for years to two AFC championship games and lead us to the playoffs after being absent for 5 years. He is truly deserving of a ring. Sean payton foreited some of his salary to get Gregg Williams. That was a wise investment one that Dan Snyder and Vinny Cerrato couldn't realize.

Now we can close this thread. Well said!

Sure. But how many message board commandos (not necessarily aimed at you ODM) sounding off in that vein have ever achieved anywhere near that kind of elite status in their professional turf as these guys who made it to the NFL and looked good enough to someone who counts to be chosen, in whatever role, by an organization sharp enough to build a SB run? As for Brunell, the guy was a damn good QB in his prime and a good man everywhere he played. He also was part of setting several Redskins records (including meaningful ones). And he did make it to two AFC championships with the Jaguars, so I think it's a cool that one of the good guys got the ring even as just a small part of the team effort.

Whether or not I've gotten close to achieving my professional equivalent to a superbowl ring is irrelevant to the fact that some of the players mentioned here as earning a superbowl ring, in fact, in my eyes, did not. either way, congrats to all .... I guess.

Whether or not I've gotten close to achieving the equivalent to a superbowl ring is irrelevant to the fact that some of the players mentioned here as earning a superbowl ring, in fact, in my eyes, did not. either way, congrats to all .... I guess.

Well, it's just the whole "earning" thing is being introduced by those seemingly having enough of a minor problem with a simple "congrats" to express a disagreeing position for whatever reason. Like they have some sort of resentment or issue about everyone in the organization getting a ring as a sign of shared success. The OP and other folks are simply expressing congratulations to people, not arguing that it was earned by their playing on the field. The "earned" stuff is being projected into the matter. Like I might congratulate you for winning something you didn't "earn" if I had some sort of awareness and positive regard for you. I guess if someone had some sort of issue about it, they would inject a comment into those congratulating you for your lottery windfall and say "hey, why are you doing that, he didn't earn it." :)

It's just interesting psychology to me. Ignore it. :silly:

Yeah because Brunell had alot to do with it. :rolleyes:

Exactly my point. He didn't win one as the starter for the Jags while being the face of that franchise for years. He didn't win one after leading us to the playoffs in '05. He wins one has the back-up/holder for the Saints. That's why I find it hilarious that he finally got one, because of the method.

Archived