Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Congrats to 5 former Skins who Earned Superbowl rings tonight (merged)

HSW

Kind of just makes me wonder you know. Saints d stops the almighty Peyton manning on argueably one of the biggest stages in sports. Why isn't he our head coach again?

Our defense isn't the Saints' d, but the main reason is he conflicted with Syderatto and their "vision" for the Skins.

:ols:congratulations to scott brunell

Any word if his cousin Mark Boonell got a ring too?:pfft:

Yep, Chase sure got lucky when the Redskins cut him loose. And I bet he's thanking his lucky stars.

Funny the same can be said for GWilliams about landing on his feet after not getting the HC job here. Sometimes what seems like a bad deal at the time turns into a good thing, for him at least.

I have no resentment against any of them. How much any of the four players contributed is irrelevant really.

They're all going to be involved in one of the biggest celebrations ever seen by a Super Bowl winner. Somehow I can't imagine seeing too many images of burning cars during this victory party.

if they didnt win it with us idgaf.

Speaking of idiots, some never learn. :)

Per your sig: :)

Making false accusations about moderating actions is bannable in and of itself. :)

You weren't banned for 3 months for calling someone an idiot. :)

You were banned for 4 days for calling someone an idiot without any reasonable justifciation for your action. :)

2 weeks later (after yet another rule violation) you were banned for 3 months for something different. :)

Being clueless is often a choice, not an inherent condition. :)

You have had several previous mod actions from different mods, showing a lack of interest for our rules. :)

I'm not even counting that a number of your posts are generally pointless one-liner spam more than anything else. :)

Don't reply to this in the thread, but you can PM me if you feel the need (plan to wait a few days for a response). :)

Mainly, just try to post about football and survive your inner lemming. :)

:applause::applause::applause:

#3. Spam is strictly prohibited.

The following are some examples of what ES considers spam:

• Very short posts that do not add value to the topic.
    Example: posts with only the words, "I dunno," or "lol cool," or "in before close" or a quote of a post with only "smileys" added, or simply the word "this" and an upward arrow or "x2" added. If that is the only contribution you have to make to the discussion, this is not the place for you.

We have been getting increasing complaints about "white noise" and spam type posts, guys. Let's work on it. :)

Being clueless is often a choice, not an inherent condition.

He is only eighteen, maybe he can use this as a growth platform, age afterall is not a choice but a restrictive condition depending on how one views things. He just needs to learn that rules do pertain to him, like it or not.

Anyway, I have no ill will toward any of the Saintskins, in fact good for them, not many have left the Skins lately and gone onto much success. You got to give them props for surviving the recent Redskins org.

Just imagine how things would have turned out if Greg Williams was named the 27th head coach of the Washington Redskins after Joe Gibbs's second retirement. He would have kept Gibbs's offensive staff, Brunell and Prilou would still play for the Redskins, and there would have never been a Jim Zorn coaching this team.

I'm happy Gregg Williams, Mark Brunell, Chase Daniel, and all other former Redskin players or coaches who were dumped by the Redskins who coach or play for the Saints now. They all have Super Bowl rings now. Sometimes it's better to move on because you never know how much better a new situation can be.

A lot of stupid posts designed to Bash Danny and Vinny.

Yeah greg (stick to being a coord genius) williams should be happy to win a ring but the best defense against the Colts was the Saints offense which kept Manning on the sidelines.

I have to agree here . The Saints offense held the ball all but I think 8 plays in the second quarter for example .

I am happy for all the saints players and coaches that they got the rings I really thought the Colts were going to destroy them but they pulled it off .

The problem I have is people insted of just being happy for these 5 guys want to use this as an opportunity to bash the Redskins ...

The other problem I have is the downright inaccuracies, like Brunell . Had Williams been the HC following Gibbs II then he would have had to resign Mark Brunell ...

Brunell gave up his contract so he could be cut in 2007 because he had been absoulty vilified by the Redskins fans and local media in 2006 . He spent 2007 and 2008 out of football and is listed on the special teams depth chart for the saints . (3rd emergency QB) .

Also Williams didn't really stick it to the Man . When he left he spent a year in Jacksonville and did nothing essentially and was fired after one season . He helped the Saints D but they did rise through the ranks like our D did in 2004 . They were opportunistic but not really a major force . It reminded me alot of the 2004 Bears D that didn't really stop anyone but caused alot of turnovers .

A lot of stupid posts designed to Bash Danny and Vinny.

Yeah greg (stick to being a coord genius) williams should be happy to win a ring but the best defense against the Colts was the Saints offense which kept Manning on the sidelines.

The best post of the thread. This is why the won, Manning only had 8 positions and he went a strectch of 75 minutes of real time of not being on the field. If he would have had the normal amount of positions in a game, the Colts would have won.

Archived