Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Snowtorious B.I.G.; Blizzard of 2010 -- post pictures, reports here

Sticksboi05

As we do with all MECS/HECS's...all talk of a now extremely likely storm goes in this thread. Thread began when first Winter Storm Warnings for Virginia went up.

Updated Storm Guess (8 AM 2/5/10)

DC/Baltimore/Philly - 14-24 inches

Roanoke/SW VA - 12-18 inches

NYC - 4-8 inches

Basically, if you live in the mid atlantic, be prepared because this is likely to be another top 10 storm for D.C. Amazing, two in one winter. After this likely lambasting, this will be a top 5 snowiest winter ever in D.C.

Speaking as a teacher, I can't think of anything more useless than snow on a Friday afternoon. Ugh.

Or as a federal government employee.

If its as big as they're saying, schools might be closed for a couple days next week too. I remember the big storm Feb. '02, schools were closed for a week.

Ah cmon it was a joke. Don't get your environmentalist panties in a bunch. ;)

As long as we're getting our environmentalist panties in a bunch, I'd like to chime in here. I generally hate snow, I don't care for cold, and I don't actively look to get out of work/school, etc. However, two things about this weather I really do enjoy.

1.) I can drive in the snow, which seems to elude about 80% of the people in this area, and it's fun having the roads basically to myself while most people huddle in their houses like cavemen afraid of the sun.

2.) I love having my SUV out in this weather, because this is the season where I get to strike back. Pretty much everywhere you look (environment-snobs, media, etc.) people who drive these cars are getting clubbed over the head about conservation, global warming, and how driving our big cars is evil. So nothing warms my heart more than plowing through snow and watching people in their sissy little Prius's and hybrid cars who are stuck, digging themselves out, unable to make it up an icy hill, etc.

Why don't you call Al Gore and have him dig you out, or give you a push, or maybe contact the manufacturer and give you a little power in that engine, enviro-nancy! Meanwhile, I'm laughing like a pirate as I pass you and your struggling little wuss-mobile. Maybe if you're lucky, I'll toss you a bag of sand and a prayer out the passenger window...or I might just spin my tires at you and coat you with more snow and ice!!!

Laughing like a pirate, I say!!!!

yoda_pirate_wallpaper1.jpg

Arrr!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*okay...most of that was tounge in cheek. The car actually gets 21-22 m.p.g., and I'd probably stop and help someone if they were really stuck. The part about people not being able to drive and Prius's being wussy...I meant every word of that.;)

As long as we're getting our environmentalist panties in a bunch, I'd like to chime in here. I generally hate snow, I don't care for cold, and I don't actively look to get out of work/school, etc. However, two things about this weather I really do enjoy.

1.) I can drive in the snow, which seems to elude about 80% of the people in this area, and it's fun having the roads basically to myself while most people huddle in their houses like cavemen afraid of the sun.

2.) I love having my SUV out in this weather, because this is the season where I get to strike back. Pretty much everywhere you look (environment-snobs, media, etc.) people who drive these cars are getting clubbed over the head about conservation, global warming, and how driving our big cars is evil. So nothing warms my heart more than plowing through snow and watching people in their sissy little Prius's and hybrid cars who are stuck, digging themselves out, unable to make it up an icy hill, etc.

Why don't you call Al Gore and have him dig you out, or give you a push, or maybe contact the manufacturer and give you a little power in that engine, enviro-nancy! Meanwhile, I'm laughing like a pirate as I pass you and your struggling little wuss-mobile. Maybe if you're lucky, I'll toss you a bag of sand and a prayer out the passenger window...or I might just spin my tires at you and coat you with more snow and ice!!!

Laughing like a pirate, I say!!!!

Arrr!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*okay...most of that was tounge in cheek. The car actually gets 21-22 m.p.g., and I'd probably stop and help someone if they were really stuck. The part about people not being able to drive and Prius's being wussy...I meant every word of that.;)

Waiting for somebody to take this way too seriously...

Thanks for the laugh Forehead

Speaking as a teacher, I can't think of anything more useless than snow on a Friday afternoon. Ugh.

My son has made some very nice money this winter clearing driveways, but he'd much rather be doing it during school hours than interfering with his weekend. :)

It's snow. The world is not ending.

KDawg, I can't even imagine living in Rochester. Between the snow and the cold...screw that.

Any Jackhole knows that when Global Warming means temps range in the extremes-- of either hot or cold. Remeber global cooling, but you know that basic fact right?

Any Jackhole knows that when Global Warming means temps range in the extremes-- of either hot or cold. Remeber global cooling, but you know that basic fact right?

:ols:

I'm pretty sure he wasn't referencing Global Warming at all.

But thanks for another overreaction, it just shows how politicized the issue really is.

Archived