Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Snowtorious B.I.G.; Blizzard of 2010 -- post pictures, reports here

Sticksboi05

My word of advice, do not wait until this thing is finished to start shoveling. My guess is, I will shovel my driveway at least 4 times this weekend.

This post should be a sticky. I forsee many injuries.

One big problem I'll run into is the fact that the heaviest snow will happen after sundown and before sunrise. I won't be out there with my snow thrower during those hours.

My word of advice, do not wait until this thing is finished to start shoveling. My guess is, I will shovel my driveway at least 4 times this weekend.

Bought a snowblower from Costco a few weeks ago after the pre-Christmas storm. I've already used it twice and I think it will pay for itself this weekend. :D

Ten minutes with the snowblower every few hours will make a big difference (for my back)

I plan on shoveling Friday night around 10, Saturday morning first thing, once mid day Saturday then whenever it finishes snowing.

If you live in a townhouse community and your car is parked near others, the more you stay on top of your area the better. Once the snow starts packing in around the sides of your vehicle, and if you continue to let it pile up, you will be looking at a 4 hour shoveling project.

We lived in a townhouse in 2003 and made the mistake of waiting for the storm to end, digging out was absolutely brutal.

Its been over due, It would usually snow like this every 4 years and we really haven't had that much since 2004 I believe. If I can remember correctly during the 1996 year school was out for close to 2 weeks becuase of the snow.

2004? We just had a historical storm in December.

It's fun to watch the people with smallest snowblowers ram their snowblower into the snow a couple thousand times. I always think to myself it would have been easier to shovel the driveway a couple of times.

luckily we have a rather large snow blower that can handle large quantites of snow at a time

Not the storm 1-2 weeks ago, but the one a month or so ago...is this suppoed to be bigger than that?

And a HECS is the biggest storm, right?

Yes (or at least equal)

and yes. HECS is a historical east coast snowstorm....

Looking at the Radar (page 2), the amount of moisture head this way is simply incredible.Edit: ......simply INSANE.

Not the storm 1-2 weeks ago, but the one a month or so ago...is this suppoed to be bigger than that?

And a HECS is the biggest storm, right?

Expect similar accumulations. Wetter snow this time. 16-20 is a good bet.

The Blizzard of '09 was a NESIS Category 3 Major. This will be lower because the historical amounts are much more confined but DC is in the jackpot. I wouldn't be surprised to see near two feet at Dulles.

2003 was a NESIS 4, Crippling, ranked 3rd all time.

1996 a NESIS 5, Severe, ranked #2 all time.

Archived