Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Robertson: Haiti 'cursed' since Satanic pact

Hunter44

http://www.politico.com/blogs/bensmith/0110/Robertson_Haiti_cursed_since_Satanic_pact.html?showall

Robertson: Haiti 'cursed' since Satanic pact - Ben Smith: Robertson: Haiti 'cursed' since Satanic pact

January 13, 2010

Robertson: Haiti 'cursed' since Satanic pact

The Rev. Pat Robertson, on his CBN broadcast today, offered his own explanation of the earthquake in Haiti:

"Something happened a long time ago in Haiti, and people might not want to talk about it," he said. "They were under the heel of the French ... and they got together and swore a pact to the devil. They said, 'We will serve you if you'll get us free from the French.'

"True story. And the devil said, 'OK, it's a deal,'" Robertson said. "Ever since, they have been cursed by one thing after another."

His words, which refer to a piece of Haitian folklore about the country's founder, Toussaint L'Ouverture, come around the 6:00 mark in the report above, which also includes interviews with missionary groups active in the country.

I love Evangelists. :D

I don't get this guy. He is saying a country that is 96% Christian made a pact with the Devil to be free?

He has been cursed with the ability to say the wrong thing at the wrong time.

Lots of voodoo...

besides, Pat said it was "true" so there you have it!! :silly:

I love this guy. Best comedy act going today.
... Pat said it was "true" so there you have it!! :silly:

I love where he interjects "True story" into his little "history" lesson. Comedy gold:

"They got together and swore a pact to the devil. They said 'we will serve you if you set us free from the French.' True story."

What isn't comedy, though, are the buffoons who take what he says at face value. That's sad and a little frightening.

He was Sarah Palin 20 years ago. The outsider who was supposed to change everything. The one the Liberals hated for no reason.

:evilg:

Well other than the fact that he was a major player in the rise of the Christian Right that lead to the downfall of social conservatism in the republican party. The party now pays lip service to economic conservatism and represents a religious social platform.

Archived