Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Would you pay $2.99 to download an extremeskins app?

skinsaddict

Question: Would a "m.extremeskins.com" mobile web page, with a text-only display format, be a better solution?

1) That would make it platform independent. Any client with a web browser could access it.

2) Some users might prefer the interface even for normal use. (How many people would chose a graphics-free game day thread, for example?)

• 2 weeks later...

Just curious if there was ever any additional interest in this.

I started using that app for other sites and it is really nice. Not sure what it takes to install and if it's a problem to have on the extremeskins servers, but if it is simple, unobtrusive and free would it be possible to get it installed? Even if it isn't used too much, it would be nice for those of us that can if there is no impact to the site as a whole.

• 5 months later...

Thought I'd resurrect this thread instead of creating a new one. C'mon ES, its painfully easy to enable, and the 3 dollar tapatalk app allows you to access ANY web forum that has enabled that feature, so assuming you ever visit other forums, it will be worth the money. We're talking less than the price of a value meal here folks.

Did Nordigen meet Tiger when he was a nobody? Did she stand by him and support him as he busted his ass on the amateur circuit, help him organize his life so he was freed to get better at golf, eat ramen and beans every night when they were broke, etc?

No?

Wait- she was another golfer's maid and married Tiger at the peak of his career?

Yah, $100 million- it's a woman's rights issue. :rolleyes:

Did Nordigen meet Tiger when he was a nobody? Did she stand by him and support him as he busted his ass on the amateur circuit, help him organize his life so he was freed to get better at golf, eat ramen and beans every night when they were broke, etc?

No?

Wait- she was another golfer's maid and married Tiger at the peak of his career?

Apparently, she didn`t free up enough time for Tiger to create an ES app!

No?

So, you're saying that we are the Elin of the extremeskins world? You're right! We shouldn't need a mobile app like Elin "needed" that $100 million! Only Zoony would be able to put it so poetically.

No?

...and then I found five dollars.

There is zero development work from ES. You just flip a switch that gives the Tapatalk application access to the forums.

It's hard enough for the mods to keep up with all the people on here from their computers. Now think if you gave the ability for ES'ers to access the forums on their phone while at the game drunk.

It's hard enough for the mods to keep up with all the people on here from their computers. Now think if you gave the ability for ES'ers to access the forums on their phone while at the game drunk.

That's why they get paid the big bucks. ;)

I paid for 2 ES shirts.

I paid for 2 ES hats.

I paid for an ES jacket.

Offer something cool again. A free app that just turns on? no.

Last thing i want to read is an internet site complaining about 'more traffic' ;).

How about "dinner with zoony?"

You pay of course. And in a non homo way. If anyone would like to start the bidding feel free.

I'm not sure I understand what the app would provide. Browsing and posting from my Evo is dead simple - in fact, I'm doing it right now - and I imagine the next generation of phones will be even better. So a dedicated app probably would see a shrinking user base as folks found their next phones to be fine for ES right out of the box.

If there's truly some administrative setting that requires literally just flipping a switch for compatibility with an existing app, then sure - why not? But I don't know why anyone would go to more trouble than that.

True, not everyone has a phone that is high end by current standards. But most will, well within 24 months from now, and then many basic posting problems will largely be resolved.

Tabbed browsing management could use some improvement on mobile devices, but then again it could use some improvement on full-scale computers too.

Archived