Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Would You Take McNabb on the Skins? (Merged & M.E.T.)

kingdaddy

My Eagles friends think that McNabb is done in Philly after this year because the Eagles simply can't ask Kevin Kolb to sit on the bench for another year behind McNabb. The Eagles could try and deal McNabb or Kolb after this year with McNabb being the likely one to go. Both have only one year left on their current contracts. My friend asked me if I would take McNabb on the Skins and, after some thought, I said "yes, he'd be good for the Skins for a 2-3 year run while we groomed a younger QB."

If the Eagles can't trade McNabb they may just release him to allow him to go find a team of his own. If they commit to McNabb for a few more years, they'd likely try and get something for Kolb, who is good trade bait, rather than let him go for nothing in return. Either way, whether it's McNabb or Kolb, I think the Skins should look at these two QB's as options to run the West Coast offense. Both know the offense well and both have intangibles that would be upgrades over JC.

This whole scenario may be a long shot because the Eagles would likely not want to see McNabb or Kolb with a division rival, but then again the Eagles management is pretty arrogant. They traded a 1st round pick to Dallas a couple of years ago without worrying who Dallas would select.

Clearly I'm looking for a veteran QB who can come in and run Shanahan's offense next year.

My Eagles friends think that McNabb is done in Philly after this year because the Eagles simply can't ask Kevin Kolb to sit on the bench for another year behind McNabb. The Eagles could try and deal McNabb or Kolb after this year with McNabb being the likely one to go. Both have only one year left on their current contracts. My friend asked me if I would take McNabb on the Skins and, after some thought, I said "yes, he'd be good for the Skins for a 2-3 year run while we groomed a younger QB."

If the Eagles can't trade McNabb they may just release him to allow him to go find a team of his own. If they commit to McNabb for a few more years, they'd likely try and get something for Kolb, who is good trade bait, rather than let him go for nothing in return. Either way, whether it's McNabb or Kolb, I think the Skins should look at these two QB's as options to run the West Coast offense. Both know the offense well and both have intangibles that would be upgrades over JC.

This whole scenario may be a long shot because the Eagles would likely not want to see McNabb or Kolb with a division rival, but then again the Eagles management is pretty arrogant. They traded a 1st round pick to Dallas a couple of years ago without worrying who Dallas would select.

Clearly I'm looking for a veteran QB who can come in and run Shanahan's offense next year.

I made a hypothetical thread on this subject a while back; I could see McNabb being released if he doesn't play well in the playoffs. I could also see the skins signing him as a stop gap (during the Snyderado regime) but I don't see Shanahan and Allen taking that route.

McNabb would be an upgrade from JC, but I'm still not sure McNabb would be able to stay alive behind our O-line. Besides, it's not like we're one piece away (QB, in this scenario) from winning it all. Shanahan may not have said "rebuilding" yesterday, but I think most of us agree that's where we are headed.

You guys are awesome.

We have too many supporters of Campbell and over overwhelmingly have most of you saying that a guy who's won the NFC East title numerous times, took his team to the NFC Championship game numerous times, and took his team to the Superbowl isn't worthy of a shot here? Jason Campbell is not the QB that McNabb is and likely won't ever be. McNabb is a hall of fame veteran that would be perfect to help groom our new franchise QB with Todd Collins. This year he's only played in 14 games and has great numbers - over 3500 yards, 22 TD's, 10 INT's and 3 rushing TD's.

If McNabb hits the streets then we should definitely bring him in. The man is 33 years old, how old is Farve? McNabbs a winner.

Archived