Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Would You Take McNabb on the Skins? (Merged & M.E.T.)

kingdaddy

Anyone who watched the game last night, should now realize that McNabb , while a definite improvement over Campbell , at least theoretically, does not belong on this squad.

He's aging, still has a LOT of running mobility, and can hit the short screens and medium passes with great efficiency. The problem is, once you put pressure on him, and once he starts making mistakes, its all downhill from there.

This guy?

2zsa2ip.jpg

Seriously?

:doh:

You kidding? That was hilarious!. I think he would instantly help our team. He would be a great leader and QB. My thing is this; He is an Eagle. and I will always see him as an Eagle. I can't see him anywhere else. Some guys bleed Burgandy and gold, this guy bleeds Green and white.

Anyone who watched the game last night, should now realize that McNabb , while a definite improvement over Campbell , at least theoretically, does not belong on this squad.

He's aging, still has a LOT of running mobility, and can hit the short screens and medium passes with great efficiency. The problem is, once you put pressure on him, and once he starts making mistakes, its all downhill from there.

Did you watch the game last night? Is that what you got out of that loss? I got that his coach sux. The plays called were WORSE than when Zorn called his own! Thats what I got.

I would take him in a second. Is 100x better than anything we have/had this year or the next few years. Pick him up for 2-3 years. Either draft a QB this or next year and let him sit and learn.

Bingo! I like this plan. I would love Mcnabb to be our "Doug Peterson" for our new rookie QB. (For those of you who don't know Doug Peterson is the QB who got the snot beat out of him for the first year and a half in Philly while Mcnabb sat on the bench and learned the system. It works.

This guy?

2zsa2ip.jpg

Seriously?

:doh:

HYSTERICAL!!! The first thingI thought to myself when I saw that was "he is scared". He looked like he was trying to look calm and loose a bit too much. He was scared after last week's game and he almost lost it under the pressure right as he was walking out of the tunnel. Seeing this the day after that thrashing actually makes me giddy.

Although I have to say it really would be funny to me if Shanny brought Mcnabb to a Superbowl and they won it after all of the chances he got to do it in Philly. That would really be some enjoyable conversation with my family from South jersey. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Did you watch the game last night? Is that what you got out of that loss? I got that his coach sux. The plays called were WORSE than when Zorn called his own! Thats what I got.

I got that he looked frazzled , made bad throws and couldn't stay out of trouble with a good O line(minus the weak center). What would happen behind ours?

I'm a huge McNabb fan but at this point in his career I'd have to pass. He's been given the tools so many times and still not reached the top. If he moves on to another team, it'll be a farewell tour and I don't want my Redskins being a part of all that.

(Although maybe Shanny could do for him what he did for Elway...?... Nah.)

i would rather have vick.

I was considering making a thread, but I'll just do it here.

I think there's a case to be made for bringing Vick to DC.

First and foremost, I don't want to hear any dogfighting trash. It's behind him. Everyone said PETA was going to hold protests, boycott PHI games, etc. It didn't happen and I didn't hear a whisper of it past week 4. Seriously, the guy's cleaned up his act. I think everything he has went through over the past years has really humbled the man and I think he really is ready to help an NFL team.

Secondly, he is more likely to become available (and at a cheaper price) than McNabb. He is also only 6 month older than our current quarterback and 4 years younger than McNabb, for all of you Campbell supporters and McNabb lobbyists here.

Most importantly, he opens up a new dimension to the game that we haven't had (unless you'd like to count swinging gates and Randl El trick plays). EVEN behind a terrible offensive line, Michael Vick is a guy that can make things happen, whether it be a bomb on the run or a scramble--Which brings me to my next point. At 28, the guy would potentially bring us 5 or 6 more years of productive football. This would allow us to draft Russell Okung's and Jahvid Best's in drafts ahead as we wait on quarterback for a few seasons as we address the other problems on our team and build a foundation. Sam Bradford is going to need more and more surgeries and become a bust if you plan to put him behind 3 2nd day draft picks, Derrick Dockery and Casey Rabach.

Michael Vick is a dynamic player that comes around once a decade. I think this is an opportunity we have to bring in a hometown game-changer at a reasonable price to turn this ship around.

Growing up in Newport, attending VT and close ties with DHall don't hurt either...

I'm ready for my beating now lol... You all may proceed

even after last nights game, I would be surprised if the green birdies let him fly away.

I don't think he would be a massive improvement if he showed up at DC and only see him slightly better decision making under pressure and throwing accuracy deep (JC poor).

If he was all we could come up with (veteran) for 2010 I would say yes. I would want a good rookie prospect for 2011 and not much this year except maybe Clausen and he would be "work in progress" for at least a season before he took over as starter

(N/I Injury).

Archived