Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ESPN: Mike Shanahan signs five-year contract with Washington Redskins

dsciambi

This is the best possible news for us as fans.

We have a coach who will continue building on the base offense that we already have had here for two years now.

Except, he knows it better. Way better. And his staff will be in harmony with everything.

If we can get our OL back, we can expect these kinds of results with our current roster

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FoaLukSwdbo

What I love about Shanny is instead of staying at home just counting his money he was visiting all the other good teams to learn how they do things. That is the sign of someone that wants to prove that he is still a great coach.

I can't wait for the season now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What I love about Shanny is instead of staying at home just counting his money he was visiting all the other good teams to learn how they do things. That is the sign of someone that wants to prove that he is still a great coach.

I can't wait for the season now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Also KJ on comcast, said he would study all the game films in his den office from every game during the week, during the season.

Sa-weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!

Finally, the deal is done.

Now, the official "Washanaskin" era begins.

1st order of business, inform Shanahan of the extreme dislike for ANYTHING having to do with the Dallas Cowboys..

2nd, re-fortify this to him so he really gets the picture.

3rd, welcome him to the ExtremeSkin site.

* If possible, persuade him the cheerleaders must spend a weekend at my house :silly:

I know I have hope every year that we'll do better. But this year I got so down, that I really felt like nothing would ever change and we'd never be good.

Now I don't want to speak too soon but with Vinnie finally going, we finally got a real GM we're going to have a great HC, a really exciting OC, and perhaps 2 great Defensive coaches as well.

I truly have hope now, real hope and not that false kind I get every time Snyder grabs a new toy. Maybe it'll take time but I'm willing to give it a chance if it allows me to see us return to glory at last.

Exactly. How disappointing. To think I believed we'd have a real GM. Shame on me.

honeslty you guys ... think about this.

what coach, with 2 super bowls and over 16 years experience would not have final say in football decisions?

NOT ONE

Its nice to have a real live real coach :-)

I think if we get a good defensive coordinator I cant help but be really excited. Allen is supposedly great at managing. Shanahan can handle personnel and is great at running an offense, Zimmer is great at running a defense. Three people specializing in different areas, working together, why didnt we think of that before...

I'm not sure if this is a good thing or not. Didn't I see a bunch of posts from people complaining that Shanny wasn't that great with draft picks? Now I read that he has been given the ultimate say in personnel decisions...? This doesn't seem to be a good thing.

Personally, I think it's great news. I think that once you get structure in the front office everything else will eventually fall into place.

Is this really happening? Did we just sign Mike Shanahan and his kick ass new staff? This is too good to be true.

I would like to thank Dan Snyder and Bruce Allen most of all for making this happen, for this could not have been done without one or the other. The Redskins organization has turned a complete 180 from business as usual in TWO WEEKS. I'm astounded at the whole thing and very anticipatory.

The whole thing is brilliant. Reports suggest that Shanahan has planned and scouted the whole NFL in his office while he was receiving 7 mil from the broncos for a year. That is pretty encouraging to me for as intelligent and accomplished coach as Mike Shanahan is.

But perhaps the icing on the cake is Kyle Shanahan, whom the Redskins inherited with open arms. What more can you ask for? I kind of feel bloated as a fan from all of the awesome things that will come of this. I'll probably buzzing from this news all offseason. HTTR

I'm not sure if this is a good thing or not. Didn't I see a bunch of posts from people complaining that Shanny wasn't that great with draft picks? Now I read that he has been given the ultimate say in personnel decisions...? This doesn't seem to be a good thing.

Personally, I think it's great news. I think that once you get structure in the front office everything else will eventually fall into place.

This is why I am not jumping up and down and saying WOOOHOOOO like some here. I will wait and see how he does first here. I hope he listens to Morocco Brown though seems like he is good at scouting.

Sa-weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!

Finally, the deal is done.

Now, the official "Washanaskin" era begins.

1st order of business, inform Shanahan of the extreme dislike for ANYTHING having to do with the Dallas Cowboys..

2nd, re-fortify this to him so he really gets the picture.

3rd, welcome him to the ExtremeSkin site.

* If possible, persuade him the cheerleaders must spend a weekend at my house :silly:

:hysterical::hysterical:

While I'm excited to have a pedigreed coach again, my first choice would have been Cowher as I feel he is more suited to the style of play of our division. I suppose Shanahan became my default choice when Cowher decided to stay out another year. My feeling: relief, for two good reasons. First, that we got someone competent. Second, that it wasn't Gruden.

I am thinking 7 mil a year is little less than expected. It might mean shanahan gave up some money so it can go toward his son the OC and Zimmer the possible DC.

This is a good point, if in fact that is what the difference between expected and actual salaries is used for, since keeping coordinators is tough for successful teams. That's assuming things start looking up, of course.

I'm pretty excited. :cheers:

With some time and patience, this is the best chance the Redskins have had for real stability in quite a while. A legendary head coach, a son who is a brilliant up and coming offensive coordinator, a G.M. who is one of the few who could really understand the traditions and expectations of the fans.

I think we have a very bright future ahead of us my Redskins brethren. Very bright indeed

Archived