Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ESPN: Mike Shanahan signs five-year contract with Washington Redskins

dsciambi

Shanahan/Allen makes the Zorn/Cerrato era look like amateur hour. Which, of course, it was.

Saw that Kyle Shanahan will be the offensive coordinator. I wonder if all goes well, whether or not he'll take over as head coach after his old man retires.

Folks, I'm hopeful. I'm even excited. The Shanahan / Allen combination looks like the first "right" thing that Snyder has done.

The recent "culture" of losing is a difficult thing to turn around overnight -- it's a sad fact that we have to recognize even in the face of such a proud and storied franchise that is the Washington Redskins.

Shanahan is, incredibly, the 8th head coach of the Skins since Gibbs originally retired... Think about that. (Richie Petitbon, Norv Turner, Terry Robiskie, Marty Schottenheimer, Steve Spurrier, Gibbs Redux, Jim Zorn, Mike Shanahan). Let's hope the 9th head coach doesn't arrive until we have hoisted another Lombardi Trophy.

(p.s. It's not about Jason Campbell anymore. It's not about Portis or Moss. Its the Offensive Line. That's where the success or failure of this team will begin or end. Let's get to work)

My thoughts exactly. There has yet to be one coach that did both the GM and coaching job well. So, what's Allen do as GM? Negotiate contracts, feed the head coach ideas on personnel, and hire/fire the coach?

Rework the parking lots.

:hysterical:

What I love about Shanny is instead of staying at home just counting his money he was visiting all the other good teams to learn how they do things. That is the sign of someone that wants to prove that he is still a great coach.

I can't wait for the season now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah, I saw on espn where they said that also. I LOVE the fact that he spent some time at the Steeler and Patriot camps.

I am so happy we got this coach. No coach is perfect, but I believe Shanahan was the best we could get. Not sure Im completely sold on his talent evaluating skills, but we'll see. For now, Im happy as hell to have a seasoned coach. I NEVER like Zorn. Off the bat (before the maroon and yellow comment) I didnt like him. He didnt have that look. Now when I look on the sidelines Im going to see a coach that I have complete trust and faith in.

Welcome to DC big Mike, let's get it poppin!!!

Archived