Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ESPN: Mike Shanahan signs five-year contract with Washington Redskins

dsciambi

Awesome. A happy day for all of us. While it hasn't been exactly fun I think just about every single one of you guys in here rock! Its been something else suffering through this with all of you here in ES and here is to a new start and a brighter future. I really look forward to celebrating with all of you one day. Hail!

Awesome. A happy day for all of us. While it hasn't been exactly fun I think just about every single one of you guys in here rock! Its been something else suffering through this with all of you here in ES and here is to a new start and a brighter future. I really look forward to celebrating with all of you one day. Hail!

Ditto my brother we have all suffered despite our differences of opinion! A great day for Skins fans!

this is great news, but will our defense be worthy??

We are STACKED at talent for our defense. Landry will have a break out year when we get Zimmer, Haynesworth will be used correctly, Orakpo will have his hand in the dirt, Chris Wilson will be coached up to play like a real linebacker, and Fletch will earn his Pro Bowls. Rogers will play press coverage.

Our defense sucks due to the now gone Blache. This new regime ain't nothing to **** with.

This is the part that scares me.

Shanahan will have the ultimate authority on football decisions.

It was widely considered that Shanny wasn't that good at choosing personel. It undermines Allen role as GM.

http://www.nfltouchdown.com/seahawks-considering-mike-shanahan-for-gm/

Don't give personnel-decision making powers to the coach.

That doesn't work.

Shanahan the coach was outstanding. Shanahan the personnel man made a ton of mistakes.

He brought in bad people. He brought in bad players.

Shanahan the coach couldn’t overcome that, which is why he was fired.

In a statement sent out by the Broncos, Denver owner Pat Bowlen, "After giving this careful consideration, I have concluded that a change in our football operations is in the best interests of the Denver Broncos. This is certainly a difficult decision, but one that I feel must be made and which will ultimately be in the best interests of all concerned.”

The fall of the power-hungry coaches happens. They want it all, and it can't be done.

Tom Coughlin was a great coach in Jacksonville. He just wasn't as good a personnel guy, which caught up to him. He needed a personnel man to make decisions. Mike Holmgren was a Super Bowl winning coach in Green Bay, but didn't get it done in Seattle when he had total control and was still the coach.

The job is too big now. You can't do both.

Championship!!!

Well, let's not start sucking each other's ***** quite yet...:silly:

I am extremely happy with this move. Cant wait to for him to get started.

I'm optimistic he can build a winner and glad that it is a 5 year deal so hopefully he sticks it out through a tough season next year and hopefully 8+ wins in the following year.

:point2sky

I'm still not convinced he's the answer....but at least it shows some promise. Anything has to be better than what we've been subjected to over the past 10 seasons (minus the playoff appearances). I'm hoping this is a sign of a new beginning for this team that I love so much.

Archived