Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ESPN: Mike Shanahan signs five-year contract with Washington Redskins

dsciambi

This is the part that scares me.

It was widely considered that Shanny wasn't that good at choosing personel. It undermines Allen role as GM.

My thoughts exactly. There has yet to be one coach that did both the GM and coaching job well. So, what's Allen do as GM? Negotiate contracts, feed the head coach ideas on personnel, and hire/fire the coach?

It's Christmas again...we have nice shiny new toys...

Offseason Superbowl Champs EVERY YEAR!

:cool2:

How could you possible be negative right now. If nothing else this is hope man. He's won two superbowls. There's no wondering about what he is. He is a premier NFL football coach who has brought his up and coming offenivse genius son to run our offense and by all credible reports will bring a kick ass defensive coordinator here as well. This after we fired Vinny cerratto and hired a real Gm who was NFL Executive of the year in 2002. I know its been hard. Its been hard for me too. But don't guard yourself so much that you can't hope. That's just sad. Hail. Hope.

Finally good news.

As a Redskins fan this makes me happy.

Shanahan and his son are both superior offensive minds.

Mike S will put together a staff that knows his offense and will be ready to hit the ground running.

I have no doubt that if given the time and support they will fix the problems on offense.

Now i'm just waiting to see what happens on defense.

I can't even imagine pulling off the signing of Mike Zimmer.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed, but this is finally some good news!

This makes me happier then drafting Orakpo.

Hail to the Redskins!

126363.jpg

3984802383_c0c03c67b1.jpg

x160.jpg Rick Dennison possible OL coach?

610x.jpg

Mike Zimmer possible DC?

I'm happy we have a new coach.

But at the same time, I was hoping to see an organizational structure that had a GM role which included personell evaluation and acquisition.

It seems to me that there might be competing interests between the "coach" role, and the "roster builder" role. But that it was good to have this seperation of power, checks and balances type of arrangement.

Coaches seem to always think they're a player away from a championship, and having a GM to think longer term (building depth) is a good thing.

If you drive by Redskins Park today you can see white smoke coming from the chimneys ;)

I'm thrilled at the choice of our new coach. I'm also extremely happy about the line "Shanahan will have the ultimate authority on football decisions".

Now I know about Shanahan & his son, but I know nothing about this guy "Zimmer" that is being mentioned, time for me to brush up on who he is. :)

:point2sky

Archived