Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Per PFT: Shanahan on track to make more than $50 million from Redskins

It's like the seven-year itch... after a while, you got to cut ties and move on. Broncos did that... Shanahan still has some successs left, but I'd rather get a younger-up-and-coming coach. maybe this will lead into it, and Shanny can set it up... while winning at the same time.

Kyle Shanahan? Get a family thing going. lol.

It's a good point and Shanny is the type of coach who can set up a culture which attracts other coaches.

Daskins.....off-topic, but do you still believe Big Al is the single best defensive player in the entire league? I know you were fired up about him when the announcement was made.

I'll answer your question this way - I still think it was a terrific signing. The sack stats from last year to this year dont lie, nor do my eyes watching how he disrupts an Oline like not many players can.

Im a big fan of what Albert did this year and think, with the right coaching in place, its only going to get better and better.

It's an inner fire that probably isn't burning like it did 10 years ago...

Of course, a year off may have done wonders for Shanahan... not too long to forget, but just long enough to get the blood going...

Why would Shanny be coming back if his fire wasn't burning when he can sit at home instead and make $7 mill?

I don't care what his contract is. It's not like there's a salary cap for coaches.

Anyway, every time we've brought in a former NFL HC, who had success previously, they've had success here. Marty would have been fantastic, if we wouldn't have fired him after 1 year. Joe did great. Shanahan will be great too.

Spurrier and Zorn weren't ready to be NFL HCs and they didn't do good. So, for my part, pay him whatever it takes. IDC

I'd say the same to get Gruden or Holmgren or whoever we thought might have been coming in.

Why would Shanny be coming back if his fire wasn't burning when he can sit at home instead and make $7 mill?

It's burning, just not like it did 10 years ago, I'm assuming for the most part it wasn't at the end of his Broncos tenure... like I said, I hope a year away allowed him to decompress, de-stress, and gear up for another run...

If its allowed he will likely get a heavily backloaded contract since whatever we pay him the next 2 seasons gets taken away from what he makes from Denver. If we want to pay him a 5 year $50million contract it will likely be something like Yr. 1 $1million Yr. 2 $1 million Yr. 3-5 $16 million

Here's a vid of Shanny after he got fired talking about his future with Shefter..

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-gameday/09000d5d80ddf017

..he talks about his future a little later in the vid.

Good video, thanks for posting.

"Wants to work for a owner who wants to win"

And "wants more superbowl trophies"

Lets see if he can do it with the Redskins !!

Shanahan isn't the answer. How long did it take him in Denver to make the playoffs or the super bowl? Do you really think Snyder will keep him around THAT long? I don't think so.

Playoffs in Shanny's second year in Denver, Super Bowl in his third year.

After Elway retired, playoffs in his second season without Elway (2000), and that was with Brian Griese/Gus at QB.

Playoffs in Shanny's second year in Denver, Super Bowl in his third year.

After Elway retired, playoffs in his second season without Elway (2000), and that was with Brian Griese/Gus at QB.

Griese Gus, and an AFC Championship with Plummer.

Almost makes one believe he can get something out of Campbell.

~Bang

Archived