Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

AP: Tiger Woods' wife Elin Nordegren wants the kids and 'half his fortune'

heyholetsgogrant

Sigh......Isn't marriage grand?

Hard to believe men still fall for it

This is the type of crap that keeps the marriage scale low these days. I have many friends who refuse to marry because of the judge always siding with the female. If Tiger didn't have a pre-nup in place, shame on him.

Don't get me wrong, I don't approve of what he's done but there's no way she's entitled to 'half'. What a crock.

Anyone who thought that she didn't assult him was either crazy or lying to themselves. So we have a person who cheats vs a criminal....she should get NOTHING at all.

We've said this before.......but this post deserves it WORST EVER!....This is so simple.....She's entitled to Half....Period. I love Tiger and never watch unless he's playing, but he ****** up here and has to pay the Piper......Simple really....

Two interesting updates on Tiger:

1. AT&T just dropped him, and cancelled their contract. Ouch. That is going to leave a mark.

In my opinion, Tiger now needs to endorse Trojan condoms. It would be the greatest commercial in history.:hysterical:

Also....here is an interesting report of what supposedly happened. This explains a lot:

http://furmanbisher.wordpress.com/2009/12/26/updated-inside-story-on-tiger-woods/

At one point Tiger turned away to look at the TV, and as he turned back, Elin hit him on the right side of the face with the head of a 9 – iron. When she struck Tiger, she put a huge gash in the right side of his face next to his nose (causing his nose to bruise some), and virtually knocking two of his upper teeth out, and breaking the bone on the upper right side.

The doctors tell Mark there is not much they can do to repair the teeth and the gash, but the doctor knows a cosmetic dentist and plastic surgeon in Phoenix who will make Tiger look as if nothing happened. Tiger tells Mark to get the jet ready and let’s head to Phoenix to get this done. Friday after Tiger is released from the hospital, he does not return home; he and Mark board the plane for Phoenix.

Tiger has not made any public appearances or statements due to the surgery and plastic surgery he had in PHX. It will be about another month if not more before he gets in front of a camera. Yes, Tiger is hitting golf balls late at night at Bay Hill out of their teaching center (which is equipped with lights).

Anyone who thought that she didn't assult him was either crazy or lying to themselves. So we have a person who cheats vs a criminal....she should get NOTHING at all.

Unless Tiger comes out and says she had a pattern of violence, I would have to give her the temporary insanity excuse. I suspect she has already found out about other women over the last year and just lost her mind in anger and humiliation. Imagine being in a situation where you have to just take the pain and keep your mouth shut for the good of the person who's inflicting the anguish. Gotta be maddening. I'll say it before you do- all speculation and I know Tiger didn't deserve a 9 iron upside the skull.. but I'm not going to call the woman a criminal.

At one point Tiger turned away to look at the TV, and as he turned back, Elin hit him on the right side of the face with the head of a 9 – iron. When she struck Tiger, she put a huge gash in the right side of his face next to his nose (causing his nose to bruise some), and virtually knocking two of his upper teeth out, and breaking the bone on the upper right side.

The doctors tell Mark there is not much they can do to repair the teeth and the gash, but the doctor knows a cosmetic dentist and plastic surgeon in Phoenix who will make Tiger look as if nothing happened. Tiger tells Mark to get the jet ready and let’s head to Phoenix to get this done. Friday after Tiger is released from the hospital, he does not return home; he and Mark board the plane for Phoenix.

Tiger has not made any public appearances or statements due to the surgery and plastic surgery he had in PHX. It will be about another month if not more before he gets in front of a camera. Yes, Tiger is hitting golf balls late at night at Bay Hill out of their teaching center (which is equipped with lights).

I've heard other reports quoting the local police as refuting this story - saying they met with Tiger after the incident and found no signs of domestic violence.

Without condoning Tiger's behavior, doesn't HALF seem a bit preposterous in this case? She wasn't even married to him when he made a large chunk of his fortune.

Also, the law recognizes differences in dollar amounts in other cases, such as theft. It varies from state to state, but basically, if you steal something less than $500 (on average), it's a misdemeanor. Over $500 is a felony. So why not in divorce? If the money earner makes over 10 times the average American salary, and the partner brings in zero income, the law should recognize that taking half of the money earner's wealth is unreasonable, even in a egregious case such as this.

Let's say Elin received 10% of Tiger's fortune, that would amount to, what, $60 million? How is that not enough? How many clutch putts did she sink? How many 350 yard drives did she hit? How many fairway irons did she stick within 6 feet of the pin when the tournament was on the line? How many hours did she spend practicing her craft in an effort to reach virtuoso status?

Zero, zero, zero. But she gets half? Bull****.

True, we could talk about the inequality of pay between men and women. We could talk about the absurdity of a golfer making that much money to begin with. I hear those arguments, but in the end, Elin did nothing to earn any of that money, and to just lop off half of Tiger's fortune seems ridiculous.

He should get punished for his behavior, true enough. The guy was a total douche and he can't just get away with that level of hurt towards the woman he agreed to be faithful to, till death do them part.

Loss of the kids is a massive wallop in and of itself. Add 10% and all future education & medical expenses for Elin and the kids, and I think we're approaching fairness.

That's just my opinion.

Without condoning Tiger's behavior, doesn't HALF seem a bit preposterous in this case? She wasn't even married to him when he made a large chunk of his fortune.

Well if she is gaining custody a large percentage can count as ensuring their inheritance due to his breach of trust.

The way he's screwing around there might be a much bigger pool than normal:D

If I was her I would go after even more than half:evilg:

Wasn't this wicth a nanny. See ythis is why I don;t get married. I will leave that for those who want it. I'll pass.

Amazing where you find the wrongs.

I guess your second sentence means "I'll leave it up to people with a modicum of respect for their wife and have enough self control to keep their dick in their pants"

I mean, on one hand it's respectable that you know you can't, but on the other hand, your furthering of the stereotypes you seem to hate in so many other threads is kind of comical.

~Bang

Wasn't this wicth a nanny. See ythis is why I don;t get married. I will leave that for those who want it. I'll pass.

She was by all accounts a caring mother and a faithful wife. So your calling her a witch is ignorant, and ugly, and a poor reflection on you as a man.

And let's clear this up too, for everyone dismissing her as a maid, or a nanny. First, there's nothing in the world wrong with either of those lines of work. She had a modeling career and became a nanny for the family of golfer Jasper Parnevik. Second, Elin comes from a fairly well-to-do Swedish family. It's not like she was a dirt poor woman looking to get paid. Third, it makes no difference what her job was before the marriage.

BTW - Why am I the only one that finds it odd that Tiger would agree to renegotiate the prenup. He could hold her two it pay her the 5-10million and call it a day. The old one and the new one have two major differences, the first is money the second is gag order. What the hell is Tiger trying to shut her up about that is worth 50-100 million dollars to him that we don't already know? This trying to save the marriage business is crap and his image to sponsors is already trashed. We already know the guy doesn't know the meaning of integrity and his word isn't worth spit. We already know about the drug habit. So what is the gag order and the fortune for?

I think the reason Ellin is talking money is because El Tigre has something else going on he wants to keep very quiet.

Those are good points, and the first thing that comes to mind and makes sense to me is steroids.

Archived