Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Karate Kid (Starring Jaden Smith & Jackie Chan) [Movie Trailer]

REDSKINZ-RIDEORDIE

You know, I rewatched some of the Karate Kid films over the past few days, and I have to say, Ralph Macchio was a total wuss. Has anyone ever figured out how he managed to make everyone he ever came into contact with mad at him? I mean seriously...first a bunch of karate surfer guys kick his ass...then he goes to Japan where more people kick his ass, then he comes back and gets his ass kicked by another tough guy.

I mean, what the hell? Is it his face? His mannerims? Why did everyone hate him so much?

P.S., I'm pissed they're remaking it too.

You know, I rewatched some of the Karate Kid films over the past few days, and I have to say, Ralph Macchio was a total wuss. Has anyone ever figured out how he managed to make everyone he ever came into contact with mad at him? I mean seriously...first a bunch of karate surfer guys kick his ass...then he goes to Japan where more people kick his ass, then he comes back and gets his ass kicked by another tough guy.

I mean, what the hell? Is it his face? His mannerims? Why did everyone hate him so much?

He kept stealing their women. :)

Yea I couldnt believe they were remaking this. Usually I dont care when a movie is remade. Sometimes it turns out better than the original but I cannot see this coming close to the original. That movie was an iconic movie of the 80's. Why would you even think to try to remake it?

Ugh, this sounds pretty bad. I wish Hollywood had some more originality, it's not that hard to come up with new stuff.

Like last week I had this idea for a movie where a down-on-his-luck former athlete coaches a rag-tag group of unathletic misfits on a local sports team. They'd be terrible at first, but then prove everyone wrong by becoming competitive (as shown through a montage accompanied by inspirational music), and then go on to beat a team full of bullies with a sinister coach in the Championship game.

Or as an alternate ending they could lose the championship game, but they would be happy anyway because they will have won in the game of life. Either way, it's all about the originality.

Trailer looks good. The level of martial arts they appear to be training in this movie is much higher than that wax on wax off nonsense in the original.

The level of martial arts was much higher in The Phantom Menace than that old-man shuffle of Star Wars. Didn't make it a better movie.

The level of martial arts was much higher in The Phantom Menace than that old-man shuffle of Star Wars. Didn't make it a better movie.

That's because they used stylized fights that look like a martial arts convention. No anger or emotion. A lot of pointless moves not designed to actually do anything other than look cool. I hate that crap. Hopefully they don't do that in this movie. High level martial arts is one thing spin around in the air like an idiot when a simple duck or a step back would have accomplished the same thing is stupid.

That's because they used stylized fights that look like a martial arts convention. No anger or emotion. A lot of pointless moves not designed to actually do anything other than look cool. I hate that crap. Hopefully they don't do that in this movie. High level martial arts is one thing spin around in the air like an idiot when a simple duck or a step back would have accomplished the same thing is stupid.

I have thought about this before. How many times have you seen a fight in a movie/TV that looks like a fight you have seen in real life? I have seen a few fights in my life and none of them ever looked like the ones on TV shows or movies haha.

Meh. I dont get the hate for this re-make or the love for the original (aside from Mr. Miagi :D )

I guess it's because I was so seriously into martial arts at the time that while I enjoyed the originals, they struck me as corny and fake. The whole idea of the crane stance being some super-technique was particularly silly. Good movies? Yeah. But hardly Citizen Cain. :hysterical:

This re-make looks damn good to me. It's not really a re-make but a continuation of the theme. I love that they are using kung fu. The scene teaching the kid Chi Sau rocks. (Someone needs to teach our linemen :evilg: )

All in all I'm looking forward to it. :D

Whats wrong with Hollywood? Are you that ignorant to asian cultures? Or do you think middle america is that stupid and can't differentiate Chinese Wushu/Kung Fu and Japanese Karate?

Call it the Kung Fu Kid or The Wushu Kid. Still, Jacki Chan is in it and I'm a sucka for the underdog getting tutored by a wise on Janitor type movie. Hell, I even liked "The Forbidden Kingdom" where Jet Li and Jacki Chan taught a white kid Kung Fu.

I've seen so many people (on other forums too) get all offended that they are calling this "The Karate Kid" as if it is some sort of insult or oversight on the production staff.

It is very obvious this movies title is an homage and continuation of the franchise. I wish people would stop reading into it so much.

Archived