Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

FOX31:Source: Blache and Gray tell Zorn they did not Interview for the job/CP issues

SMOSS89

If Vinny is the source, then the information he supplied is bunk, and the author had no business using him. Vinny information as a recently terminated employee would be tainted with so much emotion and bias so as to be worthless. Plus, how would he have any first-hand knowledge about any conversations between Zorn, Gray, and Blanche that took place after he left the organization.

If it is Vinny, then this story is complete Bunk.

On another note, I think that the source is as symptomatic of the dysfunction at Redskin's Park as anything else. Why on earth would anyone talk to the media about such inflammatory issues while the organization is passing through such a sensitive juncture? To poison job prospects for the rest of the crew?

Jesus Christ! Vinny IS the source! ****.

(The author of this article needs some refresher courses on journalism ethics).

Why are people so hostile towards the source? I mean most of this crap is stuff we already know

Portis is a prima donna who was out of shape and doesn't practice and acts like he's above everyone else so is it a surprise that his teammates don't like that he does that?

Is it a surprise that Zorn would be pissed at seeing reports that his assistants interviewed for his job??

With the way this place is buzzing at the news stories you have to assume Redskins park is drama central at the moment

Amazing... all this hoopla, and we've yet to fire our coach.

This all sounds like typical PFT prison gossip... you know, someone tells Florio he's going to the grocery store for some tuna, and by the time he "reports" it, it's turned into Bill Parcells coming to the Redskins.

~Bang

Our current OC preferred Betts over Portis, and probably hates him too.

You want to see us go on a win streak like never before? Fire that loser immediately. Don't even allow him to walk onto the field tonight. This team will catch fire.

He symbolizes everything that has been wrong with this franchise. Cut the cancer immediately.

Yeah, I agree. Portis should go ASAP. Even if this article is BS, he's not an asset to this team anymore.

The individuals can say what they want. As with the GM hire, I'm sure the Redskins are cooperating with the NFL throughout this process. The NFL stated that the Redskins did everything perfectly fine before hiring Allen and I'm sure they will give the same stamp of approval once Zorn is fired and the new coach is announced. I don't really think it's possible to "cheat" the Rooney Rule since you have to work with the league.

As for CP, none of this stuff surprises me in the least. Many on this board have agreed that he's received preferential treatment since he's been here. I think it's far from a coincidence that our running game has not suffered much (if at all) since he got hurt. I think the players play better TOGETHER when he's not in the mix because they are all equals.

"An initial report by ProFootballTalk.com which said Redskins defensive coordinator Greg Blache, an African American, interviewed for this still-occupied position is currently being refuted by the Washington Post’s new report which alternately says Redskins secondary coach, Jerry Gray, also an African American, is actually the one who discussed the opening with Redskins owner Daniel Snyder."

Waaaaaaaay off topic, but jesus I hate this PC world we live in.

"So-and-so, AN AFRICAN AMERICAN". WTF.

The nonsense about Zorn's job doesn't matter. The meat in that article is the Clinton Portis stuff. Zorn is gone, we all know it and I think he knows it. Problem is ES hates to click on the link and read it and the CP info, which should be a seperate article is buried in the bottom.

Portis cost this team 5 seasons.

Easily, the biggest blunder this team has made.

His contract was an abortion.

His attitude sucks even more.

That guy killed this team, and continues to do so.

Anyone with an iq of over 5 would have dumped his worthless ass 3 years ago.

Cut it out. This guy was our team for like 4-5 years. Betts had his shot TWICE. Get over it. Betts just is not that good. He is a lesser quality Portis that has been injured every single time he was ever relied on. That being said, i think portis's time as a feature back is done unless he does some serious training in the offseason. This does not take away what he has done for the franchise. Last year alone portis had the most yards by week 5 or 6. It wasnt until out line completely keeled over that he became ineffective. Betts career here is done line or no line. We are able to get better production out of ganther/rock.

The nonsense about Zorn's job doesn't matter. The meat in that article is the Clinton Portis stuff. Zorn is gone, we all know it and I think he knows it. Problem is ES hates to click on the link and read it and the CP info, which should be a seperate article is buried in the bottom.

Totally agree - I'm more interested in the Portis part. I'll be glad when he is gone, don't let the door hit you and all that good stuff.

When the news of Allen broke, Portis has a quote where he was saying he was going to play next season, "somewhere". I think he knows with Allen in there that Danny is stepping back for real and Danny's prize's leash is no longer a leash. He knows he can't pull the same **** here anymore with Bruce Allen as the lead guy making decisions, especially with a new head coach coming in too.

Makes me happy, after last season I'm done with Portis. I don't think he has it in him to be a full featured back anymore, he's better as a split back with a team looking for that extra edge in the running game. We need a featured back, fresh legs, better attitude for the running attack.

From the Article:

What we do know is that if both African American Redskins coaches are claiming to Zorn, from their own mouths, that they never interviewed to be the team’s head coach, and if they’re being truthful about this, questions still linger about whether the organization is in compliance with the NFL’s Rooney rule (if the process is done, and Shanahan has definitively been selected to replace Zorn.)

If "Pre-Vacancy Rooney Rule interviews don't work for coaching jobs", why in the hell would Blache and Gray not interviewing be an issue? Stupid!

All this stuff is blown out of proportion.

#1. Portis not practicing because he's hurt is no different than LT in San Diego or Strahan in NY. It just happens in the NFL no big deal.

#2. All these suggestions about coaches wanting Betts over Portis is just plain idiocy. Sherm Smith went on record and said " We know Portis is banged up but he's our best RB option right now. He blocks better and is our only home run threat". Now someone please prove that fact wrong???Noone can because he telling the truth about that! This is the same guy who flat out said Ganther is better than Rock. He doesn't bight his tongue.

#3. Zorn failed to take a hold on this organization the moment he accepted the HC position. He was clueless in knowing how to assert his face as the captain of the ship and now he is suffering a mutiny. Noone respects Zorn except the players and they respect him more as a friend and not a boss. He made this bed and now he must lay in it. Its a shame its come to all this.

I kind of think Vinny is the source too. Who else would spew this garbage other than someone who is very pissed off?

It's interesting that one of the only Redskins huge decisions that wasn't leaked before it was released by the Redskins is one of the only huge decisions that Vinny had no part of. That being said teams can't interview candidates and satisfy the Rooney rule while a coach is still employed from what I know so all of this is moot. Maybe they discussed Gray coming back as DC but I don't think they interviewed him for HC to satisfy the Rooney rule.

Amazing... all this hoopla, and we've yet to fire our coach.

This all sounds like typical PFT prison gossip... you know, someone tells Florio he's going to the grocery store for some tuna, and by the time he "reports" it, it's turned into Bill Parcells coming to the Redskins.

~Bang

:hysterical: so true. There are so many rumors, from Mrs. Gruden house shopping in the DC area, to Jim Fassel two years ago...

no one predicted the Jim Zorn hire

no one predicted the Joe Gibbs hire

It could be possible, that none of the rumors will be true

Snyder is the reason the culture at Redskins Park is so messed up. It's just every man for himself out there. Shanahan clearly isn't going to change that considering he's ok interviewing for another man's job. I'm glad to hear these reports that Blache and Gray haven't interviewed.

Way to stand up for yourself Zorn. Against one of your colleague/subordinates at that. :rolleyes:

This just goes to magnify the fact that Zorn has no fight whatsoever. He's completely passive-aggressive and now that he's had enough he's taking it out on the wrong guys entirely.

The same guys who kept his defense behind him when his offense couldn't get a TD to save his job.

I've played on teams with players who have Portis-like attitudes and it's so corrosive because the rest of the team is so pissed off, they rally around hating that one player. And because that one player isn't giving the effort, the rest of the team matches his lack of effort whenever he is on the field because they hate him so much.

If the team is losing its camaraderie because of Portis, it's time for him to go, because that is a serious cancer for an entire team.

Archived