Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

FOX31:Source: Blache and Gray tell Zorn they did not Interview for the job/CP issues

SMOSS89

I wish that the media would give it a rest. We all freaking know that Jim Zorn is the HC right now, we all know he is most likely gone after the season.

Why would he be pissed if one of his current assistant coaches interviewed for next year's HC job with Snyder? Do they owe it to him to leak that kind of privileged info, especially considering ZORN DID NOT HIRE THEM. Blache and Grey were both already on staff when Zorn was hired. Zorn has not done anything to advance their careers. I understand the emotions, but for a guy who "keeps it medium" ... he ought to understand that EVERY ONE'S job is up in the air and he should expect that NO ONE should have to go down in flames with him, because he has decided to stick this out.

We all know Zorn is staying partly for the money, and I don't doubt he truly hopes he can salvage his job here. I don't blame him for making Dan fire him and pay him his contract, but to act pissed off at other coaches who are trying to make their name in this league is not right IMO.

if Zorn is gonna stick it out, then he needs ot stick it out for his own reasons, and not get upset at others doing "what they gotta do."

I'm not trying to bash Zorn, but it would be totally different if Zorn brought Grey and Blache with him to the skins, and then they interviewed behind his back.

The way I understand it you can't comply with the rule until Zorn is fired. So I'd think it would be hard to be in non-compliance until he is fired also.
I have never actually seen the Rooney Rule spelled out but I seriously doubt the NFL requires all Rooney Rule interviews to be held after the position is vacated. The idea behind the rule is to get minorities interviewed for head coaching and executive postions within a franchise. Requiring the interview to take place after the position is vacated serves no purpose whatsoever.

I have never actually seen the Rooney Rule spelled out but I seriously doubt the NFL requires all Rooney Rule interviews to be held after the position is vacated. The idea behind the rule is to get minorities interviewed for head coaching and executive postions within a franchise. Requiring the interview to take place after the position is vacated serves no purpose whatsoever.

I don;t really know myself. But PFT was publishing that's how it was, but then put out this stuff. PFT really is messed up.

I'm getting so tired of hearing all this BS. Inside information and unnamed sources within the organization are just another way of reporters to say any damn thing they want to make up and have it sound legitimate.

The FO basically just needs to come out with a presser after this type of BS with Zorn and Gray together and squash the rumor making this reporter look like a complete moron. I believe Allen's media skills are one of his strong points, and most likely a main reason he got hired. He will have to fight these guys tooth and nail as he tries to establish order.

Except that it isn't always in the best interest of the organization to come clean, especially when they want to keep their hand hidden. More times than not, the best response is "no comment".

I expect Thursday is going to be interesting with Gray. I'm sure he will deny it and I'm sure the media won't believe him.

As for Portis, if he was the "golden boy", he doesn't seem to be right now. All season long he's been holding the party line. I think he knows it could be it for him here, particularly since he's been dealing with nagging injuries.

I really wonder who this "source" is.

I would bet it is the OC, or an assistant to the OC.

Al Saunders preferred Betts over Portis, and was probably pissed that he had to play Dan's boy.

Our current OC preferred Betts over Portis, and probably hates him too.

You want to see us go on a win streak like never before? Fire that loser immediately. Don't even allow him to walk onto the field tonight. This team will catch fire.

He symbolizes everything that has been wrong with this franchise. Cut the cancer immediately.

If that report is true, WOW! What a mess. :doh:

Not at all. This is media people w/an axe to grind trying to mess with the team. I can't see it meaning anything at the end of the day. The team will have to do meaningful interviews with minority candidates and still not lose out on Shanahan. It's an interesting tightrope walk, but that's what they'll have to do. If Zorn was ticked off about the rumors, I understand that, but it's hardly worthy of a :doh:

Except that it isn't always in the best interest of the organization to come clean, especially when they want to keep their hand hidden. More times than not, the best response is "no comment".

I would normally completely agree with that, but this seems to be a continuous trend with the organization. It happened with the whole Archuletta debacle, ironically I recall Gray getting called out from that article.

I would think our organization would want to be in things together. If this type of reporting continues and is not addressed, they're basically giving the impression that the stories are true.

IF they are, no wonder we're cleaning house, divided they fell.

This culture that has existed at Redskins Park is one of the reasons why I am happy Bruce Allen is in the house

He is a professional football man, not a drama queen.

Run the organization correctly and you don't have any of this BS going on.

This has to be part of Bruce's mandate. Change the poisonous culture Snyder and Vinny have developed at Redskins Park

Mortensen was on Colin Cowherd's show this morning and said he spoke to the person in the NFL office in charge of minority hiring. He said that the Redskins definitely have an A when it comes to following the procedures and they've been in touch with the minority personnel and the commissioner throughout the process.

If Bruce Allen has a mandate to fix things, handling the Portis situation will be a real test for him.

Keep in mind that Bruce has experience with banishing underachieving primadonnas. He did this to Keyshawn Johnson without hesitation while in Tampa Bay. If Dan is telling the truth in that Bruce will have all the authority, I can easily see Portis being jettisoned this year.

As much as I am thankful to the guy for the run he gave us in 2005, it's clear that our offense suffers when we have to cater to him. I'll always have respect for him as a player, but it's time to go in another direction. With the way our season has gone, no one should be guaranteed anything.

It might not be Vinny, but it could be someone who is still with the organization who has ties to Vinny. Probably someone who doesn't expect to be employed much longer.

Thank God that loser is gone. What an embarrassing FO we have/had.

Archived