Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WP: RI: Campbell: Redskins' last 3 games do matter

bubba9497

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/redskinsinsider/jason-reid/campbell-redskins-last-3-games.html#more

click link for entire article

Campbell: Redskins' last 3 games do matter

With many at Redskins Park awaiting the long-anticipated announcement that Mike Shanahan will be the team's next coach, the Redskins tonight face the New York Giants at FedEx Field.

At his introductory news conference last week, new football-operations chief Bruce Allen said he would evaluate Jim Zorn and the coaching staff over the remainder of the season before making any decisions, but it has been clear for some time that Zorn would not keep his job, team sources said. Amid more upheaval in an organization known for it, the Redskins' offense is playing at its highest level in the brief Zorn era.

"Guys have just taken it on themselves to block out everything else and just focus on doing their jobs," quarterback Jason Campbell said. "You know there's a lot of stuff out there, and you constantly get asked about different things [by reporters], but getting caught up in that won't help you do your job.

"I know one of the things I've been telling guys all year is that we just have to take pride in what we're doing and stick together. The thing I feel good about is that we've done that. We haven't let certain things become a distraction. You can look at what we've been doing as an offense and see that."

Campbell declined to comment on the buzz in the organization that Shanahan is expected to replace Zorn shortly after the season ends because "that has nothing to do with me. I'm sure Bruce Allen will make the decisions he feels are best for the franchise, but all I can control is how hard I work to be the best quarterback I can be for this team. We only have three games left, but I never spent time thinking about those things [possible changes in the organization] and I'm not going to do it now.

"Some people might not think it matters what we do in these last three games because we're out of it [reaching the playoffs], but it matters to me. It matters to me that we go out there and put our best foot forward because that's what you do as a professional. I'm the quarterback of this team and a captain. I don't care what's happened this year or what we've had to deal with.

"We have to play like it matters because it does matter. That's the approach you have to take and that's what we've done. I know guys are going to go out there [tonight] and keep playing just as hard as they have all year. And then whatever happens at the end of the year, you know, then that's what it'll be."

I think we're going to offer him the one-year tender regardless of these last three games...and he signs

If another team makes him an offer, we can match and keep him.

If we decide not to match, we get their first and third round draft choices.

This is assuming 2010 remains uncapped, b/c it would make JC a RESTRICTED Free Agent.

Let's compare those quotes to what he said about the season after the Cutler and Sanchez trade deals fell apart.

Words mean nothing from this guy. At best he will have another losing season.

These last 3 games are the equivalent of being down by 21 with 3 minutes to go in the 4th quarter. His best time to shine. Trash time Jason.

This is the NFL, effort means nothing. You are judged on performance.

As far as professionalism, it is really professional to claim that the team treated him like used toilet tissue. It is also very professional to tell the media you prefer playing away from the home stadium because the fans are mean to you. That is a follow up to the claim he made earlier in the off-season that the crtiticism he faced was racially motivated.

Nothing excudes professionalism and class like this guy. Way to get that 4-9 record after all of the claims he made about this year prior to the season. He failed. Nothing he does in the next 3 weeks will change that fact.

It really only matters so our NEW GM (God I love saying that) will want to evaluate our players playing at 110% because they know there is a new sheriff in town an they may get asked to move on.

If we win them out, while gaining respect, we lose position in the draft. Since we are not making the playoffs, while I will cheer for the skins to win out and be happy, I will think about the spots we dropped in the draft and wonder.

In related news, this is the quote from

orakpo on the espn story:

"I'd love to be the Grinch on their Christmas," rookie linebacker Brian Orakpo said Monday. "That's what we're aiming for. Obviously we're not going to make the playoffs, but we would ruin some other people's seasons."

spoken like a true redskin that hates the rest of the nfce, the way it should be.

You have got to wonder how much weight these last games actually hold. Are they really evaluating anyone or have they come in with a predetermined game plan with who they are keeping and getting rid off. Say for instance these last three games Zorn's offense and Campbell's game soar to unprecedented levels. Do you really think that's going to change anyone's minds? I have my doubts.

JC is one of the classiest and toughest Redskins of the past few decades. I used to think he'd never be a good NFL QB, but I can't say a bad thing about the guy anymore. I really want him to succeed and stay a Redskin. He's been a very positive influence on the Redskins in an otherwise negative year. I wish all our players carried themselves with JC's dignity.

I think we're going to offer him the one-year tender regardless of these last three games...and he signs

If another team makes him an offer, we can match and keep him.

If we decide not to match, we get their first and third round draft choices.

This is assuming 2010 remains uncapped, b/c it would make JC a RESTRICTED Free Agent.

Yeah I think this is the likely scenario too. If its an uncapped year, we can make him an offer and if another team wants him, I think we'd gladly take their picks.

You have got to wonder how much weight these last games actually hold. Are they really evaluating anyone or have they come in with a predetermined game plan with who they are keeping and getting rid off. Say for instance these last three games Zorn's offense and Campbell's game soar to unprecedented levels. Do you really think that's going to change anyone's minds? I have my doubts.

I sure hope there isn't a predetermined game plan. The reason why you bring in a guy like Allen in now is because you want him to evaluate what you have.

If it is all predetermined, then nothing has really changed here.

As far as professionalism, it is really professional to claim that the team treated him like used toilet tissue.

He never said the team made him feel like used toilet paper. He said during the off-season they were flushing down the toilet. He wasn't even around the team in the off-season. He was being asked about the Cutler talks. The they he was referring to was not the team. It was the FO.

"It's, well, tough sometimes," Campbell said on the sideline after practice. "I am fine now, but there were a couple of times in the off-season I felt like a piece of tissue they were flushing down the toilet."

JC is one of the classiest and toughest Redskins of the past few decades. I used to think he'd never be a good NFL QB, but I can't say a bad thing about the guy anymore. I really want him to succeed and stay a Redskins.

Being afraid to play in front of the home crowd. Questioning the intelligence of fans coming from a guy who forgot the down and distance on 3rd and 8 the last time he played the Giants. That is class and toughness.

What has he done that is classy? Please provide specific examples.

He is completely self-centered and deluded. Class is the last word that comes to mind with this guy. Disingenuous, fake, coward and loser are far more fitting.

He never said the team made him feel like used toilet paper. He said during the off-season they were flushing down the toilet. He wasn't even around the team in the off-season. He was being asked about the Cutler talks. The they he was referring to was not the team. It was the FO.

"It's, well, tough sometimes," Campbell said on the sideline after practice. "I am fine now, but there were a couple of times in the off-season I felt like a piece of tissue they were flushing down the toilet."

The front office is the team.

I sure hope there isn't a predetermined game plan. The reason why you bring in a guy like Allen in now is because you want him to evaluate what you have.

If it is all predetermined, then nothing has really changed here.

I agree with you. I'm just wondering if Zorn's offense and system is truly working (We'll see tonight) would Allen reconsider keeping Zorn and his system onboard. It will be interesting to see to say the least.

Let's compare those quotes to what he said about the season after the Cutler and Sanchez trade deals fell apart.

Words mean nothing from this guy. At best he will have another losing season.

These last 3 games are the equivalent of being down by 21 with 3 minutes to go in the 4th quarter. His best time to shine. Trash time Jason.

This is the NFL, effort means nothing. You are judged on performance.

As far as professionalism, it is really professional to claim that the team treated him like used toilet tissue. It is also very professional to tell the media you prefer playing away from the home stadium because the fans are mean to you. That is a follow up to the claim he made earlier in the off-season that the crtiticism he faced was racially motivated.

Nothing excudes professionalism and class like this guy. Way to get that 4-9 record after all of the claims he made about this year prior to the season. He failed. Nothing he does in the next 3 weeks will change that fact.

And the ultra-dramatic, super-cynical, overly-critical, and just-plain-hateful post of the day goes to . . .

IF it happened, and the offense soared to unprecedented levels, then yes, it SHOULD change people's minds. But when egos are involved, and one of them is Dan Snyder's, I can't envision a scenario where Zorn stays.

I said all along that as along as Cerrato was fired and we got a real GM, then I wouldn't care what else happened, so I'll stick by that. I can't say I'm sold on Shanahan, but whatever. We're 4-9, and beggars can't be choosers, and as far as head coaches go, it could be worse.

I would like to see Campbell stay. Jaworksi made a simple but compelling point: the Skins are lucky to have such a solid NFL QB, especially when so many teams don't. QB is one position we shouldn't be stressing over. There are many more pressing issues.

I just think, i mean, I don't know, this is creepy. really, even if it is just for attention his comments are just so strange and disturbing to me.

really, reading this makes me scared that folks like this hater roam the earth, with this kind of attitude and with this kind of resentment.

i'm always at such a loss of words from his venomous statements.

I just think, i mean, I don't know, this is creepy. really, even if it is just for attention his comments are just so strange and disturbing to me.

really, reading this makes me scared that folks like this hater roam the earth, with this kind of attitude and with this kind of resentment.

i'm always at such a loss of words from his venomous statements.

You can't even respond, so you post this garbage?

You also picked out the most factual part of my post. The Redskins will have a losing record this year. The next 3 games can't change that fact.

It is also hilarious in the level of hypocrisy you hold. Look at the thread you started here for example:

http://www.extremeskins.com/showthread.php?t=269081

You are simply embarrassed. As you should be.

Either man up and admit your failure or continue to dig yourself a deeper hole.

IF it happened, and the offense soared to unprecedented levels, then yes, it SHOULD change people's minds. But when egos are involved, and one of them is Dan Snyder's, I can't envision a scenario where Zorn stays.

I don't know if it needs to do that much. If this team finishes with a 7-9 record, that's going to be impressive enough, considering everything that has gone wrong with this team.

That being said, Zorn is behind the 8 ball and he probably knows it.

You can't even respond, so you post this garbage?

You also picked out the most factual part of my post. The Redskins will have a losing record this year. The next 3 games can't change that fact.

It is also hilarious in the level of hypocrisy you hold. Look at the thread you started here for example:

http://www.extremeskins.com/showthread.php?t=269081

You are simply embarrassed. As you should be.

Either man up and admit your failure or continue to dig yourself a deeper hole.

You're obsessed with JC and it's not healthy.

Did he kill your entire family? Skin your dog alive? What was it?

You're obsessed with JC and it's not healthy.

Did he kill your entire family? Skin your dog alive? What was it?

It seems like it. He's just hateful. Even the most ardent anti-Campbell posters can see that he's played well recently and want to see what he has to offer in these three games.

SoCal, on the other hand, wants to see the man burned alive.

Archived