Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WP: RI: Campbell: Redskins' last 3 games do matter

bubba9497

Like I mentioned earlier, Campbell will be a RESTRICTED free agent... meaning:

we will offer him the one-year tender... because:

If another team makes him an offer, we can match and keep him

Or we could decide to not match and get their FIRST and THRID round draft choices...

We'd be foolish not to make the tender offer.

Bah, JC where the heck were you when this team was stinking up the joint against the bucs and rams....talk is cheap kiddo....I am with SoCal on this one.....we need winners on this team, and there ar people who I think feel the same way and are tired of the one trick pony show of JC and his ****ty QB play, though over the last 3 games he has been pretty good....but 3 recent good games doesn't erase a body of ****ty QB play....sorry JC.

Like I mentioned earlier, Campbell will be a RESTRICTED free agent... meaning:

we will offer him the one-year tender... because:

If another team makes him an offer, we can match and keep him

Or we could decide to not match and get their FIRST and THRID round draft choices...

We'd be foolish not to make the tender offer.

If we tendered him and no team made an offer, would that mean we have to re-sign him?

I really don't see any teams giving up their first and third rd picks for Campbell.

How specifically?

Can you at least admit that it wasn't entirely his fault, or is that too much to ask?

He might have a better argument if he said it was the OL that prevented us from having a SB run, since the last two playoff appearances have been hampered by the OL breaking down at the end of the season. (or at least the replacements breaking down.)

If we tendered him and no team made an offer, would that mean we have to re-sign him?

I really don't see any teams giving up their first and third rd picks for Campbell.

We will most likely tender him for the 1st round pick only exception......someone gott bite on that I hope...lol

Oh yeah, no one in their freaking right mind would give up a first and third for JC (oops , oh wait we did more a 1st, 3rd and 5th....FAIL!!!)

JC is one of the classiest and toughest Redskins of the past few decades. I used to think he'd never be a good NFL QB, but I can't say a bad thing about the guy anymore. I really want him to succeed and stay a Redskin. He's been a very positive influence on the Redskins in an otherwise negative year. I wish all our players carried themselves with JC's dignity.

Well said. Anyone who can't respect JC after this season is probably not much of a Redskins fan. They tried to dump him, he played on. No question the guy has heart, and the stats show he's not as bad as he's been made out to be.

With the protection he has had, and the turmoil through which he has been made to suffer, he's been absolutely SOLID.

A one-year tender isn't that much, somewhere in the 2-3 million range.

He's the best QB on our roster and it's only a one-year deal. Even if we draft a QB, we'd need someone to start.

He might have a better argument if he said it was the OL that prevented us from having a SB run, since the last two playoff appearances have been hampered by the OL breaking down at the end of the season. (or at least the replacements breaking down.)

So what about when Clinton Portis was setting franchise rushing records, I guess the oline was ****ty then, or was it the WR's or the coaching handcuffing JC....lets not start this arguement again please...JC is a tease...he aint leading this team to winning the NFC East anytime soon, unless Romo sits to pee, McNabb and Eli get sucked into a blackhole or some **** like that. We might still lose to their backups anyways.....lol

How specifically?

Can you at least admit that it wasn't entirely his fault, or is that too much to ask?

He has the worst losing percentage in franchise history for a QB with as much playing time. Since he has been on the team, we have made the playoffs twice without him. If you can't correlate the two, you are not worth arguing with. Simply put me on ignore and bury your head in the sand.

Campbell will only be a RFA if there isn't a new CBA deal. Otherwise, he will be a FA.

And yes, the Redskins would be foolish not to tender him, whether they plan on keeping him or not.

As of now, all signs point to 2010 being uncapped....

which means he's on course to be RESTRICTED, so a one-year tender would be a steal for us. Not to mention, if there's a team desperate enough for a starting QB and will to give up a first and third, we'd be set...

A one-year tender isn't that much, somewhere in the 2-3 million range.

He's the best QB on our roster and it's only a one-year deal. Even if we draft a QB, we'd need someone to start.

Collins has outperformed Campbell when he has played. You can't make this claim with facts. It is only your opinion or hope.

Well said. Anyone who can't respect JC after this season is probably not much of a Redskins fan. They tried to dump him, he played on. No question the guy has heart, and the stats show he's not as bad as he's been made out to be.

With the protection he has had, and the turmoil through which he has been made to suffer, he's been absolutely SOLID.

YOu see this is the problem, I don't think anyone doesn't respect him as a man, but as a player, I don't really respect him at all......I was among those clamoring for us to start him when Brunell was bringing the suck to this franchise, hoping that with all the picks we spent on this kid he would be the bomb, but rather he turned out to be a dud. Stats are nice, but can you win us games when we need you to. He has had 3 years starting...come on man.

We will most likely tender him for the 1st round pick only exception......someone gott bite on that I hope...lol

Oh yeah, no one in their freaking right mind would give up a first and third for JC (oops , oh wait we did more a 1st, 3rd and 5th....FAIL!!!)

You never know man lol sometimes Im back and fourth with the keep Jason or get rid of Jason but if you look at the Free Agent QB's thats coming out and the up coming draft I think if we decide to get rid of Jason that there may be a team desperate enough to bite. The last two games of the Season will be national coverage. One draft Mike Ditka just had to have Ricky Williams and he gave us alot of picks just to move up and grab him.

What has he done that is classy? Please provide specific examples.

He is completely self-centered and deluded. Class is the last word that comes to mind with this guy. Disingenuous, fake, coward and loser are far more fitting.

What in God's name are you talking about?

I'd lay out some examples to you on how JC has been "classy", but I get the feeling I'd be wasting my time.

Collins has outperformed Campbell when he has played. You can't make this claim with facts. It is only your opinion or hope.

Socal, quick question, woud you be ok, if we tender him for one year, and draft a QB? As much as I dislike JC as our QB, I wouldn't mind keeping his sorry ass for one more year (now if Okung s available pick we got to take him.)

How to ignore a user:

1. click on his screenname

2. click on the "user cp" heading

3. on the left, there is an option to "edit ignore list"

4. type the user's name in the box

Just FYI. I think there's a faster way but that's the only way I know how.

In related news, this is the quote from

orakpo on the espn story:

"I'd love to be the Grinch on their Christmas," rookie linebacker Brian Orakpo said Monday. "That's what we're aiming for. Obviously we're not going to make the playoffs, but we would ruin some other people's seasons."

spoken like a true redskin that hates the rest of the nfce, the way it should be.

That's what I hope we do tonight and later this week (vs. Dallas)...It would be awesome to beat up NY and Dallas and let them figure out the NFC wild card after that.

Getting the new GM has made me less conflicted...I know that a high draft choice is great, but I don't have the feeling that we need to bottom out to see change, so I can cheer openly again.

In my book (even though Allen will have very little on-field impact) tonight is game 1 of a new era for our team. I'd love to start with a W and get back to the proud tradition this franchise and fan base deserves.

He has the worst losing percentage in franchise history for a QB with as much playing time. Since he has been on the team, we have made the playoffs twice without him. If you can't correlate the two, you are not worth arguing with. Simply put me on ignore and bury your head in the sand.

So there I have my answer - you can't admit that the Skins failure to make the SB since JC's been here is not 100% his fault.

QED

FWIW I don't think he's a franchise QB. I share the opinion that he's not clutch. But I don't have a knee-jerk Pavlovian reaction to any post that even mentions him and I don't personally insult anyone who fails to condemn him.

What in God's name are you talking about?

I'd lay out some examples to you on how JC has been "classy", but I get the feeling I'd be wasting my time.

You don't have a single example apparently.

Socal, quick question, woud you be ok, if we tender him for one year, and draft a QB? As much as I dislike JC as our QB, I wouldn't mind keeping his sorry ass for one more year (now if Okung s available pick we got to take him.)

I would like the Redskins to tender him and trade him. I don't want the Skins to draft a QB. I want them to trade for a vet.

We wasted 12 years on Shuler, Ferrotte, Ramsey and Campbell. We made the playoffs with with Brad Johnson, Mark Brunell and Todd Collins.

Archived