Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WP: RI: Campbell: Redskins' last 3 games do matter

bubba9497

That's what I hope we do tonight and later this week (vs. Dallas)...It would be awesome to beat up NY and Dallas and let them figure out the NFC wild card after that.

Getting the new GM has made me less conflicted...I know that a high draft choice is great, but I don't have the feeling that we need to bottom out to see change, so I can cheer openly again.

In my book (even though Allen will have very little on-field impact) tonight is game 1 of a new era for our team. I'd love to start with a W and get back to the proud tradition this franchise and fan base deserves.

Man, we have been on the EXACT same wave length this entire season :hysterical:

Hahaha.

Do you remember the M_SF "List of Doom" or whatever he called it? That was hilarious.

The point is you think about me and use my name in threads that I don't even post in. Just shows what a baby you are.
That you keep in a list?

Completely off the mark.

I was pointing out that SoCal was being civil and made a joke about having a list, hence the quotes around the word "list."

Shilsu, an ass as always.

Completely off the mark.

I was pointing out that SoCal was being civil and made a joke about having a list, hence the quotes around the word "list."

Even if it weren't about that, I mean its not exactly hard to remember names. Especially when its the same constant 4 or 5 names that are ALWAYS doing it in EVERY thread with JC's name in it.

I'm sure if they got over themselves, they could easily name off 4 or 5 of us from the opposite spectrum.

Collins has outperformed Campbell when he has played. You can't make this claim with facts. It is only your opinion or hope.

You can't make this claim either, it's only YOUR opinion or hope.

IMO, Campbell gives us a better chance of winning next season than Collins. Collins hasn't gotten younger, can't really judge him on spot-duty 4 years ago.

A one-year tender for Campbell would be a steal. According to stats, he's improved his passer rating every season, take it for what you will and I realize he now plays in a passer-rating-friendly WCO which inflates it. But, he's a solid starter and is better than a lot of QBs in league.

Now, I am NOT saying he's going to lead us to the Super Bowl, but he could be a stop-gap until we find the QB who will... again, it's only a one-year tender... and if another team bites, we can get a FIRST and THIRD round draft choices out of it...

Even if it weren't about that, I mean its not exactly hard to remember names. Especially when its the same constant 4 or 5 names that are ALWAYS doing it in EVERY thread with JC's name in it.

I'm sure if they got over themselves, they could easily name off 4 or 5 of us from the opposite spectrum.

Why would I go out of my way to talk about people from "the opposite spectrum" in a thread that they are not participating in? Sounds like a pansy move to me.

Why would I go out of my way to talk about people from "the opposite spectrum" in a thread that they are not participating in? Sounds like a pansy move to me.

As he said, NC21 did it out of a joke. SoCal approached him about them all downing it down a bit, and he made a joke about how you would have to get something in there before it could really end.

Not really a big deal.

As he said, NC21 did it out of a joke. SoCal approached him about them all downing it down a bit, and he made a joke about how you would have to get something in there before it could really end.

Not really a big deal.

I was just joking, too. And then I got called an ass. Ha ha.

Way to get that 4-9 record after all of the claims he made about this year prior to the season. He failed. Nothing he does in the next 3 weeks will change that fact.
Jason Campbell does not have a 4-9 record. The REDSKINS have a 4-9 record. Any other kicker in the league would have given the Redskins a 6-7 record, and we'd be playing for something other than pride tonight. The team Campbell talked about at the beginning of this season is not currently on the field. We've got TEN guys on injured reserve, and we've had more than our share of injuries that aren't season-ending. There are 53 men on this team, and it's absurd to think it all comes down to the quarterback. If that were the case, then explain Cassell and Cutler. Roethlisburger was 15-1 his first year. This year, they probably won't make the playoffs. Does that mean he isn't as good of a quarterback as he was in his rookie year?

The hate you have for Campbell is so over the top that I can't take anything you say seriously.

You can't make this claim either, it's only YOUR opinion or hope.

IMO, Campbell gives us a better chance of winning next season than Collins. Collins hasn't gotten younger, can't really judge him on spot-duty 4 years ago.

A one-year tender for Campbell would be a steal. According to stats, he's improved his passer rating every season, take it for what you will and I realize he now plays in a passer-rating-friendly WCO which inflates it. But, he's a solid starter and is better than a lot of QBs in league.

Now, I am NOT saying he's going to lead us to the Super Bowl, but he could be a stop-gap until we find the QB who will... again, it's only a one-year tender... and if another team bites, we can get a FIRST and THIRD round draft choices out of it...

Based on the numbers in regular season play, Todd Collins is far better. That is not an opinion nor hope. This is the 2009 season. Todd played in the 2007 season. That is not 4 years ago. Next year it will also not be 4 years ago. Large numbers like these must be so hard for you to compute.

As far as the tender, no one is going to sign Jason Campbell to a an offer with a 1st and 3rd as compensation.

What the tender does is give the Redskins leverage to trade him for something of value.

Campbell's agent would be an idiot to let him sign a 1 year deal at 3.2 million in a capless year. If the Redskins don't trade him, he will hold out in all liklihood.

We'll see how it plays out, but he will either get traded by draft day or he will get a multi-year deal from the Skins. I think there is no chance of the multi-year deal. His last game as a Skin will be in San Diego in two weeks.

Jason Campbell does not have a 4-9 record. The REDSKINS have a 4-9 record. Any other kicker in the league would have given the Redskins a 6-7 record, and we'd be playing for something other than pride tonight. The team Campbell talked about at the beginning of this season is not currently on the field. We've got TEN guys on injured reserve, and we've had more than our share of injuries that aren't season-ending. There are 53 men on this team, and it's absurd to think it all comes down to the quarterback. If that were the case, then explain Cassell and Cutler. Roethlisburger was 15-1 his first year. This year, they probably won't make the playoffs. Does that mean he isn't as good of a quarterback as he was in his rookie year?

The hate you have for Campbell is so over the top that I can't take anything you say seriously.

Explain how we made the playoffs in 2007. Explain how the Steelers did so well after their QB Tommy Maddox got hurt.

QB can make a big difference to a team.

This is do or die for Candle. It's been five years. He either shows consistently good play game to game, or we're better off without him as our #1.

The last three games of this season should be used as a try out for next season. Play the young guys. Put em in packages with the vets and see how they perform. Try new ideas, new plays. Just let it fly. Pound it with Ganther and Mason. Let's see what they got :)

Based on the numbers in regular season play, Todd Collins is far better. That is not an opinion nor hope. This is the 2009 season. Todd played in the 2007 season. That is not 4 years ago. Next year it will also not be 4 years ago. Large numbers like these must be so hard for you to compute.

As far as the tender, no one is going to sign Jason Campbell to a an offer with a 1st and 3rd as compensation.

What the tender does is give the Redskins leverage to trade him for something of value.

Campbell's agent would be an idiot to let him sign a 1 year deal at 3.2 million in a capless year. If the Redskins don't trade him, he will hold out in all liklihood.

We'll see how it plays out, but he will either get traded by draft day or he will get a multi-year deal from the Skins. I think there is no chance of the multi-year deal. His last game as a Skin will be in San Diego in two weeks.

Our coaches, who know more football than you ever will, feel Campbell is better than Collins, hence that is why he's starting... many times people come off the bench and shine... many times people go back to the bench.

Seriously, no need to insult with the large numbers statement.. don;t miss the point, he came off the bench and did well... doesn;t mean he;s better, see first paragrpah.

Campbell's agent would be an idiot to have him sit out. We wouldn't be counting on him for the future, just to hold him for one more season... if he wants to sit a season out and drift into an afterthought... his agent would be an idiot. You're missing the point... we'll offer him a one-year tender. And if he's smart he'll sign... if he plays great and leads us to the playoffs, he'll probably stay here with a big contract... If you want to look at stats so badly, then look at his passer-rating.. it's increase every season. But, I know, stats don;t mean quite as much and that's why I think Campbell is better than Collins... and so do the coaches...

Let's compare those quotes to what he said about the season after the Cutler and Sanchez trade deals fell apart.

Words mean nothing from this guy. At best he will have another losing season.

These last 3 games are the equivalent of being down by 21 with 3 minutes to go in the 4th quarter. His best time to shine. Trash time Jason.

This is the NFL, effort means nothing. You are judged on performance.

As far as professionalism, it is really professional to claim that the team treated him like used toilet tissue. It is also very professional to tell the media you prefer playing away from the home stadium because the fans are mean to you. That is a follow up to the claim he made earlier in the off-season that the crtiticism he faced was racially motivated.

Nothing excudes professionalism and class like this guy. Way to get that 4-9 record after all of the claims he made about this year prior to the season. He failed. Nothing he does in the next 3 weeks will change that fact.

You disagree with anything that he said? Listen, bud, I understand and get that you are disappointed with the team; we all are. The team has been in shambles for as long as I can remember being a fan, causing heartache year in and year out.

That said, you are a constant headache for most sensible people who frequent this forum. Your attempts at humor, like your consideration of Jason Campbell, fall pretty short of standard or acceptable levels. For example, take your incredibly obnoxious signature.

The bottom line is he is trying, and he cares, and what's more than that, the team has truly come to support him. You berate him for trying to 'pad his stats' or playing 'garbage time', and yet, if he had just thrown in the towel, you'd be berating him even harder. JC is not a vocal leader, which is what I feel you are looking for (think Brett Favre). He is a leader, nonetheless, a leader by example. Unlike a vocal leader, he doesn't inspire with his voice, but with his unrelenting effort to try to be better, and he has been. Toss out any stats or any other old thing you don't want to validly consider, and he still has been leading and playing his heart out full well knowing we are not going anywhere this year and in all likelihood will not retain him. We came within a freak miss by a low-tier kicker of beating the best team, then undefeated, in the league, and soundly at that.

So here's the life lesson, buddy. Stop your whining, stop your complaining, stop your constant negativity. Change has started. What more change you would want at this point I do not know. You are trapped in your circular logic of hate. I'm fully aware that any of this logic I conveniently just doted upon you will fall on deaf ears, so I thought perhaps you could use a visual aid:

jchater.jpg

He has the worst losing percentage in franchise history for a QB with as much playing time. Since he has been on the team, we have made the playoffs twice without him. If you can't correlate the two, you are not worth arguing with. Simply put me on ignore and bury your head in the sand.

Offensive Line Play.

get it, its a pun.

Our coaches, who know more football than you ever will, feel Campbell is better than Collins, hence that is why he's starting... many times people come off the bench and shine... many times people go back to the bench.

Seriously, no need to insult with the large numbers statement.. don;t miss the point, he came off the bench and did well... doesn;t mean he;s better, see first paragrpah.

Campbell's agent would be an idiot to have him sit out. We wouldn't be counting on him for the future, just to hold him for one more season... if he wants to sit a season out and drift into an afterthought... his agent would be an idiot. You're missing the point... we'll offer him a one-year tender. And if he's smart he'll sign... if he plays great and leads us to the playoffs, he'll probably stay here with a big contract... If you want to look at stats so badly, then look at his passer-rating.. it's increase every season. But, I know, stats don;t mean quite as much and that's why I think Campbell is better than Collins... and so do the coaches...

Not only that (and you're agruing logically so expect it to be dismissed out of hand) but some of the same anti-JC arguments (he was on a hot streak, the teams weren't that impressive, etc.) can be used for Collins.

<sarcasm> Also, with a whopping n of 4 the predictive value is nearly 100%!!!!! </sarcasm>

You disagree with anything that he said? Listen, bud, I understand and get that you are disappointed with the team; we all are. The team has been in shambles for as long as I can remember being a fan, causing heartache year in and year out.

That said, you are a constant headache for most sensible people who frequent this forum. Your attempts at humor, like your consideration of Jason Campbell, fall pretty short of standard or acceptable levels. For example, take your incredibly obnoxious signature.

The bottom line is he is trying, and he cares, and what's more than that, the team has truly come to support him. You berate him for trying to 'pad his stats' or playing 'garbage time', and yet, if he had just thrown in the towel, you'd be berating him even harder. JC is not a vocal leader, which is what I feel you are looking for (think Brett Favre). He is a leader, nonetheless, a leader by example. Unlike a vocal leader, he doesn't inspire with his voice, but with his unrelenting effort to try to be better, and he has been. Toss out any stats or any other old thing you don't want to validly consider, and he still has been leading and playing his heart out full well knowing we are not going anywhere this year and in all likelihood will not retain him. We came within a freak miss by a low-tier kicker of beating the best team, then undefeated, in the league, and soundly at that.

So here's the life lesson, buddy. Stop your whining, stop your complaining, stop your constant negativity. Change has started. What more change you would want at this point I do not know. You are trapped in your circular logic of hate. I'm fully aware that any of this logic I conveniently just doted upon you will fall on deaf ears, so I thought perhaps you could use a visual aid:

Your visual is in the left side of my signature.

Wah! Wah! Leave JC Alone! Can't you see he's TRYING!!!!

We beat an undefeated team soundly but lost because of a kicker? Beating someone "soundly" takes the kicker out of the equation.

Explain how we made the playoffs in 2007. Explain how the Steelers did so well after their QB Tommy Maddox got hurt.

QB can make a big difference to a team.

This is do or die for Candle. It's been five years. He either shows consistently good play game to game, or we're better off without him as our #1.

We made the playoffs because of two things: Collins was the better quarterback at the time, and the team played better on both sides. There's no question that QB can make a HUGE difference, but he's not the only player on the team. In the same way, running back can make a huge difference. Offensive line can make a huge difference. It's absurd to say CAMPBELL has a 4-9 record this year. By that logic, Carson Palmer went from being a good player to being a bad player to being a good player again. If QB is the only position that matters, then why don't we exclusively draft QB for every round of every draft until we hit on a super elite guy? It's over-simplistic and absurd to act like Campbell is the only player on this team.

Your visual is in the left side of my signature.

Wah! Wah! Leave JC Alone! Can't you see he's TRYING!!!!

We beat an undefeated team soundly but lost because of a kicker? Beating someone "soundly" takes the kicker out of the equation.

How can you say "We beat an undefeated team soundly"? You're no more involved than the other 52 guys on the field. Jason Campbell is the only one that matters, right?? The guys running past Laron Landry had no effect on that game. The horrible reffing had nothing to do with it. The only thing that mattered was Jason Campbell's pathetic 300 yards and horrible 3 touchdowns.

Also, tehhunter, you said everything I wanted to say. The negativity is so over the top and unreasonable, it's hard to take anything this guy says seriously.

I have yet to lose an argument here.
I've eviscerated every one of your arguments in every exchange that we've ever had, and NewCliche has done the same to you in this thread. Sometimes I wonder why I bother reading threads like this, though I have to admit that kicking you around and seeing others do the same is pretty entertaining.

Archived