Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The "Oh My God, I'm So Sore From Shoveling Snow" Thread

Ellis

I have a few elderly women in my townhouse community. I can't help it, I'm just compelled to help them. I did all their property most of the day yesterday and me and a few neighbors finished it all today.

That more than anything has destroyed me. But it's a good kinda hurt. LOL!

I would have thought that anybody who lives in the DC area and posts regularly in Tailgate would have arms like Popeye's from years of shoveling.

We actually don't get a substantial amount of snow up here anymore.

Haven't seen snow like this in a long, long time.

Personally, I was out in shorts and a windbreaker shoveling because I was getting so overheated from trying to get our four small foreign cars out of the driveway.

Sometimes being environmentally and economically conscious can bite you in the ass.

Enjoy the burn you wussies.;)

I shoveled our driveway 2X yesterday and finished it off this morning. After that me and my neighbor went and shoveled out one of our elderly neighbors.

The real pain in the ass is clearing the plowed snow from the end of our driveway and making a path to the mailbox so the mail lady doesn't have to get out of her car. Our elderly neighbor lives at the end of the circle so the idiot plow driver actually pushed the snow to cover her mailbox and part of her driveway. Part of me wants to shovel the deck and at this point I really just want to take shots of butter scotch schapps, drink beer and lay on the couch.

I was out yesterday and did the 6 houses on our sidewalk.

Woke up this morning and it was all blown over again.. And then the snowblower died.

Track Auto was nice enough to let me in the back to compare belts and got it back running again.

Still: I have a 5hpwr blower for 10inches in a 24 inch snowstorm and plows freaking make 4 foot walls outside each driveway.. So i got 5 houses done today...

4 years i've been waitin for this day....

I feel like a 40 yr old man.

My back is killing me!!

I shoveled 3 times yesterday and once today. My back if ****ed

I am 38 (39 in 2 weeks) and out of shape, and i shoveled areas for my dogs in the back yard to poop numerous times (they hate popping in deep snow) and my driveway (which is 2 cars wide and about 100 feet long) and front walkway, and my back hardly feels it at all! The key is bending your knees, took me 20 years to figure that out but I rarely get a sore back anymore from shoveling.. wimps :)

Sore??

I used one of these yesterday:

I feel fine ;)

I have a JD LT180 and wanted a snow blower attachment for it.. but sadly they dont make a blower for my model.. damnit to hell! But i will be buying the blade for it thats available very soon, thats for damn sure hehe

edit: oh snap they do carry a blower for my model but nowhere to store it bah http://www.deere.com/en_US/ProductCatalog/HO/attachments_flash/rle/index.html the blade will cost less too i am sure

I feel like a 40 yr old man.

My back is killing me!!

I am a 46 year old man. I shovelled my driveway, went over to my moms and shouvelled her out. Came home and built a snow fort for my six year old daughter. I think I barely survived...

DSCF0002.jpg?t=1261351913

IMGA0276.jpg

I did 3 driveways today. My thumb is sore... :D

That's a pretty nice machine. Problem is we have snow like this like once ever ten years.... Three times in my lifetime. Not even my understanding wife would sit still if I came home with one of those babies.

I'm game though.... First I want to get my Harley. Then I'm all over it..

Who am I kidding, I'd problable flip the thing and kll myself the first time I took it out.

Okay. Let's just say I may have a little experience in shoveling snow. No matter how good of shape you're in,if you don't shovel a lot of snow and do so often,it's more than likely going to leave you a little sore,(depending on how much and a few other things). That's just the way it is. And that's okay. It's a good sore. As long as you don't hurt your back,it's okay. It's tough work. Especially that **** the plows leave at the end of the driveway. :mad: Hell I'd work out,work construction 5 days a week 8-9 hours a day leading up to the Winter,and I'd still be a bit sore at times shoveling snow. Like I said it's okay to be sore. And considering the amount you folks don't get on a regular basis out there,it's okay to ***** about it too. :) (We get it frequently and I know I ***** about it from time to time).

Archived