Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Pictures that say 1,000 words (Merged).

WVUforREDSKINS

I still remember one I saw in a Life magazine when I was probably in grade school. I've looked on the internet for years to try to find it, but I can't.

The scene is a park. A woman pushing a baby stroller.

Except . . .

The woman is wearing black, men's, wingtip shoes, and black socks, and has really hairy legs. "She" has an expression of surprise on "her" face. Her hands have just come off of the stroller's push bar.

Frozen in mid-air, a foot or so over the stroller, is a plastic baby doll.

About halfway out of the stroller, also frozen in mid-air, is the front half of a German Shepard dog.

The image has stuck in my head because of the way that one instant, obviously frozen by the camera, not only tells me about an instant in which there is great motion, it also tells me what happened before the picture.

(The woman is a cop, in a park somewhere (I think the text said it was Central Park, NYC). He's been pushing this stroller, which contains a police dog lying under a plastic doll. And someone has just stolen her purse, and is trying to run.

(I've always wished there was a matching photo of the purse snatcher's face, when he grabs the purse, takes off, and a freakin police dog comes out of the stroller.)

Archived