Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Why do people still think we need to blow this team up?

NoCalMike

I agree we do need to trim some of the fat of this team and there are certainly some holes to fill, however I don't see why people think this team needs to be entirely stripped down and rebuilt from ground zero.

What this team has shown me in the last month is that a lot of our "stars" are not worth the money they are paid, and that younger, hungrier players are done "waiting in the wings" for a shot. They are going out and outperforming a lot of the mainstays.

That is the one major area I would address in the offseason.

This team is getting better and it would be a frickin' shame if we go out and tear something down that looks like it is turning around and improving and getting better.

This team needs a visit from Blake. :)

alec-baldwin-glengarry-glen-ross.jpg

Three weeks in a row, they can't close out an opponent. Dallas, Philly, & now New Orleans. Going for a field goal isn't going to win you a game against a team that has a proven history of being able to score at will.

What this team has shown me in the last month is that a lot of our "stars" are not worth the money they are paid, and that younger, hungrier players are done "waiting in the wings" for a shot. They are going out and outperforming a lot of the mainstays.

Perhaps it's just a question of semantics but to me, getting rid of the "stars" is what a lot of people may be calling "blowing the team up". It's certainly what I think should be done when I talk about hitting the Reset button. Keep the younger players have at least shown some flashes of ability and jettison the higher paid veterans.

That, combined with a new coaching staff needs to be in place next year would be what I think of as a clean-slate fresh start.

Because when our "best" guys go down we are better. We play so much better without portis. Moss is not as good as DT anymore.

We need to get rid of Portis, Moss, Landry, etc.

This team is better without our so called stars. Between new coaching and our young guys actually being pretty damn good, we dont need a complete rebuild but we have to get rid of our coaches and our older big name guys.

The last 4 weeks they have looked like a real footbal team. Competitive, and not giving up.

Not a coincidence that it started happening when Portis went down and Zorn was stripped of playcalling duties.

Davis and Thomas look like real keepers, and the O-line is starting to gel (although I'm not sure if we have any keepers, just 2nd and 3rd stringers playing hard - nice job Buges).

Orakpo is a beast and McIntosh is starting to come into his own.

We have talent, enough for a real coach to make a decent team out of.

I agree. While blowing everything up seemed good during our losing streak to all those bad teams, I'm having second thoughts. We just lost to 3 good teams by a total of what, 7 points? There is no doubt that this team has turned a corner and is playing very differently than it was in the beginning of the year. What we need is a good GM to fix the line and make a few tweaks here and there.

I agree with others that the team is playing much better without some of it's "stars." Let em go and use some good picks in the draft. But starting over from scratch might be a mistake.

The last 4 weeks they have looked like a real footbal team. Competitive, and not giving up.

Yep. And in the last four weeks, we won one game against Denver, and then lost three straight. Know what the point difference was? Three points or less. You know who missed at least 1 critical field goal less than 40 yards long in two of those losses?

Number 6 (I refuse to say his name anymore).

Archived