Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Why do people still think we need to blow this team up?

NoCalMike

We need to build and not get "blown up" every season. We need big changes in philosophy and small changes in personnel.

I don't see Vinny leaving. In that respect, he'll go out and draft a punter. Do we need one? NO, but that's what he'll do.

Never mind going into this season relying on Samuels and Thomas on the O-line.Neither has played a full season in the last 3 years. Let's just ignore that because our mgmt has developed a "relationship" w/ our players instead of looking out for the good of the franchise and getting decent backups during the offseason/preseason.

this

dansby will be available next season and we should get him, maybe a CB or two and some depth on the D line

The O line needs some depth but it appears to be coming together quite well at the moment so maybe not the entire line needs to be replaced but we do need some depth

we have 2 very good WR';s they are young and we need to keep them, keep SM the rest can be cut, Portis should go, keep the other two for the time being, not sure on JC any more since we have got the passing game into gear he has been doing a fair job but my biggest complaint against him is he cant play 4 quarters of football and he is mentally weak, he wont run for a first down so maybe he should go to, or become the #2.

I agree we do need to trim some of the fat of this team and there are certainly some holes to fill, however I don't see why people think this team needs to be entirely stripped down and rebuilt from ground zero.

What this team has shown me in the last month is that a lot of our "stars" are not worth the money they are paid, and that younger, hungrier players are done "waiting in the wings" for a shot. They are going out and outperforming a lot of the mainstays.

That is the one major area I would address in the offseason.

This team is getting better and it would be a frickin' shame if we go out and tear something down that looks like it is turning around and improving and getting better.

Because we have a lot of overpaid veterans who are coming to the end of their careers. Like Portis. Trade him while we can get something for him. WE should be trying to get a lot of talent close in age so they have time to play together similar to what Jimmy Johnson build in Dallas. Our draft is depleted, the kicker is useless, the QB I have no faith in, and our coach sucks. The O line isn't stellar, need a RB soon, etc

They aren't winning anything anytime soon and the team is loaded with hacks who find ways to lose.

We don't need to blow anything up. All season long our biggest losses were by 14 to Atlanta and 10 by Philly. The rest of the losses were by 6 points or less. If our offense clicked earlier in the year we could easily be like 10-2 or 9-3, 8-4 at worst. Things are coming together and honestly i feel confident if we keep this team going into next year as long as we stick with the young players.

Because we have a lot of overpaid veterans who are coming to the end of their careers. Like Portis. Trade him while we can get something for him. WE should be trying to get a lot of talent close in age so they have time to play together similar to what Jimmy Johnson build in Dallas. Our draft is depleted, the kicker is useless, the QB I have no faith in, and our coach sucks. The O line isn't stellar, need a RB soon, etc

They aren't winning anything anytime soon and the team is loaded with hacks who find ways to lose.

No one, I REPEAT, NO ONE is going to give us squat for Portis, the man is done! No one is going to want to deal with his 900 billion dollar contract, for a washed up player. Draft picks? We are going to have to pay someone to take him off our hands!

We should have beaten the best team in the league! I don't know what game you were watching, but I saw a talented team beat themselves! We gave up no sacks and one crummy interception!

We should have won against both Dallas and Philthy. We were the better team the last three games, the only difference is we don't have a running back or a kicker. You don't blow up a team for that!!!

Don't care if no one agrees with me, I'm right because I'm SMARTERER! :D

we need a new Gm, and then he can look over the team and decide who fits his plan and style.the young guys will stay and some of the older.But most of the older and stars should be gone.Portis should and must go,most of the oline and griffen.most of the big contracts especially if it's a no cap year.there's no better way to get our cap taken care of than getting rid of over paid guys who just aren't part of the solution.i don't think anyone is thinking get rid of the young guys.they are why we are playing well.them and the no names,maybe this will teach Mr. Snyder that he should add the stars like seasoning,not as the main coarse.Randle el can stay if he is willing to take a big pay cut other wise sorry but that contract and your play aren't matching.Moss could be as well but this up to the new Gm and Coach.But this team needs to be shaken up,there's some bad peices that need to be removed.Fletcher is awesome but he is old and his contract will need to be addressed with this next year to make it more friendly.we need a true saftey that is a ballhawk.Sean Taylor was that rare man that could knock you out of your cleets and yet intercept and return any ball thrown.Our safties are undersized lbs,they don't cover well.Landry is always lookin to hit instead of interceptions and covering which is hurting this team.he needs to be put back into his natural position and then we need to get a ballhawk to take the other side.we need another runner to go along with Betts and Cartwright and he needs to be a bigger rb.but our young players are doing very well.Another big descion is Campbell,he is showing me that with some support he can do very well.our d needs help because while it plays well it breaks down regularly at crucial times and doesn't have the strength to win a game on it's own.this game was lost by the whole team.the offense for the turn over,the line didn't block and the qb threw a ball he shouldn't have.the defense let the saints burn them deep when that is what they where playing in scheme not to let happen.and the coaching called plays not to lose.at the end the Saints showed and attitude ,no field goal we are scoreing a td.thats why we have lost some of the last 4 games is a coaching staff tryin not to lose a game and in fact they do.i beleive i heard Doc speakin about that in the after game show.

Whoa. That's cool. It took a few minutes of staring, but once my eyes relaxed and kinda unfocused, I saw the airplane. Don't know how you guys do that...:D

We always blow it up... Why not do it again? We are the Redskins and thats we do.

Seriously. if the offense continues to play the way its playing we need to try to build on it. Do we need changes? Yes... but to everytime we start to show a little hope to just blow it up is crazy. Thats what has gotten us were we are now. We fire the coach every two years and go a completely different direction then we finally bring Gibbs in only to convert to the west coast when he leaves.

To continue to blow things up every two or three years is not getting us anywhere.....We need stability!

We always blow it up... Why not do it again? We are the Redskins and thats we do.

Seriously. if the offense continues to play the way its playing we need to try to build on it. Do we need changes? Yes... but to everytime we start to show a little hope to just blow it up is crazy. Thats what has gotten us were we are now. We fire the coach every two years and go a completely different direction then we finally bring Gibbs in only to convert to the west coast when he leaves.

To continue to blow things up every two are three years is not getting us anywhere.....We need stability!

Man i wish the FO would catch on to this :doh:

To continue to blow things up every two are three years is not getting us anywhere.....We need stability!

Abso-freakin-lutely! We need to do something about free safety though.

We don't need to blow anything up. All season long our biggest losses were by 14 to Atlanta and 10 by Philly. The rest of the losses were by 6 points or less. If our offense clicked earlier in the year we could easily be like 10-2 or 9-3, 8-4 at worst. Things are coming together and honestly i feel confident if we keep this team going into next year as long as we stick with the young players.

Never expect The Dan to be reasonable. He will Hurt you!

To The Dan, there is no toy like a new toy*!

*by new, I of course mean aging vet.

In my mind, blowing up the team would be getting rid of the stars. Some are no brainers. We need to let Samuels go. Risk to himself is too big. Randle El is a great personality, but he hasn't had a punt return worth mentioning in 2 years and his productivity in the passing game is not good enough (esp. if you add in the drops). Portis obviously added nothing this season. Others are more painful. Thomas has been getting hurt too frequently and is only getting older. I'd probably get rid of Moss because I believe he is too mentally fragile, disappears too often, drops too many, and is one of the guys in the offseason loves to work out on his own. Moss can still be productive, but we can survive without him. Campbell, I'd keep him for a low contract, but I don't know if he'd even want to stay given all the abuse he's taken behind our o-line and from the fans and front office.

So yeah, I'm pretty much in favor of gutting and rebuilding the offense, but I would keep the parts that kind of work.

No one, I REPEAT, NO ONE is going to give us squat for Portis, the man is done! No one is going to want to deal with his 900 billion dollar contract, for a washed up player. Draft picks? We are going to have to pay someone to take him off our hands!

We should have beaten the best team in the league! I don't know what game you were watching, but I saw a talented team beat themselves! We gave up no sacks and one crummy interception!

We should have won against both Dallas and Philthy. We were the better team the last three games, the only difference is we don't have a running back or a kicker. You don't blow up a team for that!!!

Don't care if no one agrees with me, I'm right because I'm SMARTERER! :D

wow I think thats the most i've seen you take up for the team and i completely agree with you

I see a team that makes mistakes in crucial times. I see a defense that can't stop a team when it needs too. I see a quarterback who seems to be the anti-John Elway.

I don't care about gaudy game stats, this team has shown me that when push comes to shove they are happy being competitive.

Does blowing the team up solve this? At this point I have no clue. But the culture of losing around here smells like death.

Well, if your into moral victory's, then keep this team togther. If you want to win and build right, then blew it up. The running game and offense as a whole is alot better WITHOUT Clinton. LaRon, Smoot, Rodgers have to go. Orakpo needs his hand in the dirt. Fat Albert and Halls contracts need to be reworked, neither is worth the money they get. ARE needs to be gone. Devon is showing you what he's worth.

I don't know how you can say Haynesworth doesn't deserve his money. We've stopped teams on 3rd and 1 and 4th and 1 so many times. It's like we do it almost twice a game. That's huge. And look at the career years some of our other guys are having on the DL. Haynesworth is our best player on D by far. We get rid of him and I guarantee Orakpo doesn't look nearly as good as he does now.

At this point I have no clue. But the culture of losing around here smells like death.

How one solves this is by hiring a new coach, and bringing in about three players who've had recent success in the playoffs or the SB.

Our defense is about as good as it's going to get. I think another stud tackle wouldn't hurt, but we're pretty damned sound. Our d-line was ridiculed last year, now it's our biggest strength.

Two new replacements on the o-line, with Samuel coming back in reserve, and we can be competitive AND bring along a young, high-pick qb.

It's always about the lines.

Look how much time Breese had to pass yesterday behind that line...it's no wonder that guy does well. It's very, very obvious.

The only game this "oh so awful and needs to be blown up team" has been really put out of was the Atlanta game. Every single game this year has been within one possesion of winning. Thats not a sign of an awful football team IMO. And this is despite a ridiculous amount of injuries and backups to the backups playing on the Oline.

You wanna see awful? Go look up the Browns and how they get thumped every single week. Look at some of the Rams blowout scores.

This team is close and I really hope Zorn and JC get at least another year.

The only game this "oh so awful and needs to be blown up team" has been really put out of was the Atlanta game. Every single game this year has been within one possesion of winning. Thats not a sign of an awful football team IMO. And this is despite a ridiculous amount of injuries and backups to the backups playing on the Oline.

You wanna see awful? Go look up the Browns and how they get thumped every single week. Look at some of the Rams blowout scores.

This team is close and I really hope Zorn and JC get at least another year.

I agree. I think we need a new head coach with a winning track record and who is a disciplinarian. I don't know if Shannahan would be the right guy or not, but it's clear Zorn is pretty clueless. I like the way our offense has been performing under Sherm Lewis. He is evidence enough that Zorn was clueless. If a guy that's been out of the game for more than a few years can come in with only a few weeks of working with the team and turn our offense around with a makeshift O line; what does that say of Zorn?

Three weeks in a row, they can't close out an opponent. Dallas, Philly, & now New Orleans. Going for a field goal isn't going to win you a game against a team that has a proven history of being able to score at will.

I think this is due to all the young guys playing and if we can finish the season with a couple of wins and turn close games into wins the young guys will figure out how to win. BTW how about JC, I am liking what i am seeing! Never thought I would say that.

If Redskins Nation is going to blow up everything and get a new head coach in the offseason, I think they ought to look at getting either Bill Cowher or Jon Gruden. I hear that Bill Cowher's wife is from nearby Raleigh, North Carolina ... so maybe he'd take the job. Less flying time and all that.

If not Cowher, then Jon Gruden would be a good choice. His intense, emotionally charged coaching style would fit right in with the intense, angry Redskins fans. Of course, Snyder would have to butt out and let them run the team their way in order to get either one of them though.

I see the back-up players looking better than the ones we started with. I see all players being used instead of just Portis, Moss and Cooley (obviously two are injured but when they were in the line-up, the others weren't used). I see play-calling that's much more imaginative.

A total evaluation needs to be made at the end of the year. But I don't think we have to blow up the entire team.

Archived