Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Why do people still think we need to blow this team up?

NoCalMike

I agree we do need to trim some of the fat of this team and there are certainly some holes to fill, however I don't see why people think this team needs to be entirely stripped down and rebuilt from ground zero.

What this team has shown me in the last month is that a lot of our "stars" are not worth the money they are paid, and that younger, hungrier players are done "waiting in the wings" for a shot. They are going out and outperforming a lot of the mainstays.

That is the one major area I would address in the offseason.

This team is getting better and it would be a frickin' shame if we go out and tear something down that looks like it is turning around and improving and getting better.

What is the diff.? The team has already blown up do to injuries. Since Samuels, Cooley, Portis and Ext. have gone down they have played better. I think the reason for that is we have younger players who are fighting for there jobs. Heck Moss is kind of been getting fased out. Thomas,Davis and Kelly are starting to show there worth. Davis has played better the 6 games that he has started then Cooley did in his 7 games he started. And by the way yes F.Davis is not that great of a blocker but neither is Cooley. We need to trade Moss, Portis and Cooley for players or picks. All 3 still have some value and they better get it while they can.

I pray for no salary cap so we can get rid of the following:

Clinton Portis-He's done and I except the fact.

Antoinette Randle El-Enough of the fair catches, dancing and fear of contact.

Randy Thomas-Age has caught up to him

Laron Landry-I don't even need to go there

There's more but I'm having a brain fart so add to it if you'd like.

How one solves this is by hiring a new coach, and bringing in about three players who've had recent success in the playoffs or the SB.

Our defense is about as good as it's going to get. I think another stud tackle wouldn't hurt, but we're pretty damned sound. Our d-line was ridiculed last year, now it's our biggest strength.

Two new replacements on the o-line, with Samuel coming back in reserve, and we can be competitive AND bring along a young, high-pick qb.

It's always about the lines.

Look how much time Breese had to pass yesterday behind that line...it's no wonder that guy does well. It's very, very obvious.

I essentially agree... I think we need to bring in a new coach from the same tree as Zorn because there is no need in changing philosophies. That would be the whole blowing up thing again which we don’t need.

I would love to get Gerald McCoy from OK to fill that DT roll you were speaking of then go Oline with the 2nd and 4th picks. With McCoy who could possible fall to us our DL would be absolutely dominant though we would still have other holes to fill at LB and probably CB and RB but this would be a great start. Of course going this route would greatly depend on our offense continuing to have success over the next 4 weeks.

Yea, uh ...3-9. We do have young guys stepping up and I don't think people are saying get rid of them, let the young guys be part of the new era.

We have a few "stars" as well as old players that we need to cut ties with. Portis, Collins..guys like that.

I pray for no salary cap so we can get rid of the following:

Clinton Portis-He's done and I except the fact.

Antoinette Randle El-Enough of the fair catches, dancing and fear of contact.

Randy Thomas-Age has caught up to him

Laron Landry-I don't even need to go there

There's more but I'm having a brain fart so add to it if you'd like.

Randle El is HORRIBLE. The man is scared. Good call.

The team at least lost with spirit yesterday. Cut the vets, they are the ones losing games...stick a fork in Portis.

I agree we do need to trim some of the fat of this team and there are certainly some holes to fill, however I don't see why people think this team needs to be entirely stripped down and rebuilt from ground zero.
I hear what you're saying but when you've lost 7 of your last 8 games, obviously something is wrong and needs to be blown up.

I think that they should blow up Fed Ex first. That is an abortion of a stadium.
It's not the stadium that's the problem I don't think. It's the way it's run.

When the game finally ended yeaterday it was 4:50PM and was dark outside. Somebody forget to turn on the lights in the ramps in the stadium. Watching the old people walk down that ramp with the ice and snow in the dark reminded me just how poorly the game day experience is run at Fed Ex.

It's embarrassing.

Archived