Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Jersey Shore Reality Show

Dirk Diggler

As an Italian American I really hate this show but I will say one thing, its pretty funny to laugh at these morons. Mtv should have followed my friends and I around when I was in college because we would have made these kids look like saints.

Without watching it, but seeing a handful of clips, I have a firm sense that it's about as genuine and spontaneous as WWE programming (not that all "reality" shows are any/much different, just that this one may be more flagrant from all reports). I also am sure that such people as the cast are exactly as portrayed, including the ones on the show. I'm just saying that even if I didn't have friends who work in the industry who I talk to, I'd figure it's likely as scripted as all get out. :)

It absolutely is.

The fight with Snooki and that girl from last season was also written.

There is a scripted fight this season between Ronnie and Situation that was written in order to get big ratings.

Did everyone see the nude pic of Sammi on all fours!

Without watching it, but seeing a handful of clips, I have a firm sense that it's about as genuine and spontaneous as WWE programming (not that all "reality" shows are any/much different, just that this one may be more flagrant from all reports). I also am sure that such people as the cast are exactly as portrayed, including the ones on the show. I'm just saying that even if I didn't have friends who work in the industry who I talk to, I'd figure it's likely as scripted as all get out. :)

who cares? haven't you ever heard the saying "never let the truth get in the way of a good story."?

---------- Post added August-5th-2011 at 08:57 AM ----------

It absolutely is.

The fight with Snooki and that girl from last season was also written.

There is a scripted fight this season between Ronnie and Situation that was written in order to get big ratings.

Did everyone see the nude pic of Sammi on all fours!

No, and I am hoping you can fix that problem for me. I doubt you could post it here but at least give a man a link!

I'm with ya monk, and I get that. :)

But I personally don't have the stomach to watch it. :ols:

I could never watch Jerry Springer either, which was one of the sires to all this kind of crap. ;)

But I can appreciate the entertainment value for those with the right constitution. :pfft:

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.chicagotribune.com/business/breaking/chi-abercrombie-to-pay-jersey-shore-cast-to-stop-wearing-its-clothes-20110817,0,3357772.story

Clothing retailer Abercrombie & Fitch said it would offer "substantial payment" to MTV's The Jersey Shore's cast members to stop wearing the brand on air.

“We are deeply concerned that Mr. Sorrentino's association with our brand could cause significant damage to our image. We understand that the show is for entertainment purposes, but believe this association is contrary to the aspirational nature of our brand, and may be distressing to many of our fans,“ an Abercrombie & Fitch spokesperson said in a statement. "We have also extended this offer to other members of the cast, and are urgently waiting a response."

Archived