Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Skins already looking at Jimmy Clausen?!?!

DTN Redskin

Clausen is an absolute stud. If we're going QB in the first round, he's an absolute must-target in my opinion.

Clausen is without a doubt in my mind at the moment the top prospect in this draft, then guys like Bradford, Locker and Pike probably come into play... But I don't see how you can pass on Tebow or McCoy if they are there in round 2.

For what it's worth, www.nfldraftdown.com has us taking Clausen in their most recent mock draft that came out earlier this month. They have Locker as the top QB off the board, then Bradford, then Clausen. But all in the top 10.

Spend a first rounder on OT

2nd round goes to Snead, Bradford, Mallett, Pike, McCoy in that order.

The thing I don't like about Snead is his low completion %.

I think Bradford is a sure 1st rounder, despite his injury.

McCoy in the 2nd is intriguing.

Noticed that you are from Augusta, GA. Ever make it to the Soul Bar downtown?

The thing I don't like about Snead is his low completion %.

I think Bradford is a sure 1st rounder, despite his injury.

McCoy in the 2nd is intriguing.

Noticed that you are from Augusta, GA. Ever make it to the Soul Bar downtown?

Snead, to me is a guy that passes the look test. He's on a pretty bad team this year. I don't think he would be able to step in right away and win, but with some time on the bench I think he'd be okay. I think he has the potential to be kinda like Cutler when Cutler is on.

McCoy I'm not too impressed with but who knows. I just think we can wait until the 2nd round to draft a QB and still get a solid guy. The depth, to me, is worth waiting for as I'm not too impressed with the very top guys. And who knows where Bradford falls to. I wouldn't mind taking him in the 2nd either.

And yes, I've hit up the Soul Bar plenty times. Can't beat some disco followed by Biggie Smalls!

RYan Mallett is the most physically talented pocket passer to come into the draft since Carson Palmer.

You never pass on franchise QB talents. If Mallett stays, he's a lock for the #1 overall in 2011. If he declares, he's going top 10. Considering this is his first year starting and the fact that he's best QB in the SEC, plays in a pro style offense, it would be foolish to pass on Mallett.

RYan Mallett is the most physically talented pocket passer to come into the draft since Carson Palmer.

You never pass on franchise QB talents. If Mallett stays, he's a lock for the #1 overall in 2011. If he declares, he's going top 10. Considering this is his first year starting and the fact that he's best QB in the SEC, plays in a pro style offense, it would be foolish to pass on Mallett.

Mallett will be just like Jason Campbell and Jamarcus Russell.

He can throw it from endzone to endzone on his knees with a flick of the wrist but doesn't have the accuracy to hit a 15 yard post.

IMO of course. Dude definitely has the looks and his feet are deceptively quick, but I don't think it'll click for Mallett at the next level.

Tebow has a "We will NOT lose attitude" its hard to be a bust when you play the game like that. :2cents:

Until DeMarcus Ware or James Harrison is pressuring him and Tebow realizes that he has never executed a five-step drop in front of an NFL pass rush before.

Tebow is intriguing, but he does nothing that makes me think "NFL QB."

I hope I'm wrong, because I would love nothing more than for the NFL to be revolutionized. But Michael Vick did not reinvent the QB position and neither did Vince Young. So I doubt Tebow does either.

Mallett will be just like Jason Campbell and Jamarcus Russell.

He can throw it from endzone to endzone on his knees with a flick of the wrist but doesn't have the accuracy to hit a 15 yard post.

IMO of course. Dude definitely has the looks and his feet are deceptively quick, but I don't think it'll click for Mallett at the next level.

There is not a huge line of highly successful super-tall QBs. I think tall guys like Mallet have a hard time in getting the ball out quickly. They are kind of like dinosaurs; it takes a long time for the signal to travel from the brain to the tail or something.

There is not a huge line of highly successful super-tall QBs. I think tall guys like Mallet have a hard time in getting the ball out quickly. They are kind of like dinosaurs; it takes a long time for the signal to travel from the brain to the tail or something.

-Add to that its much more difficult for these QB's to be explosive on there dropback.

Didn't Pike quit his high school team because he took a hard hit?

Didn't his father pretty much force him to go back to the team?

Tough?

So you're going to condemn the kid for a decision he made when he was 15-16? Yeah because him "not being tough" at 15-16 means he still isn't at 21-22 right? Maybe he learned something from that experience and has become much better for it.

It's interesting to note that Charlie Weis was 19-6 the 2 seasons before Clausen. Clausen...coach killer? Clausen was 3-7 his first season and was 13-12 his past 2 seasons.

This season, the ND defense was below average, but their 6 losses this season were a TD or less. The last 4 games that killed the season and Charlie Weis as their HC was mainly the result of turnovers. In those last 4 games, ND had 8 turnovers (only 2 takeaways) and Clausen either fumbled or was intercepted 6 times. For the season, the turnover ratio was 14 turnovers to 19 takeaways. The ND defense wasn't great, but they're blame for the 6-6 season is overblown.

personally, i the order of preference for qbs is this for me

1- Colt Mccoy- Does nothing but win, quick release, accurate, a leader, and after seeing him in that Texas A&M game, running and passing? A monster qb in the nfl.

2- Clausen- Just has it all. Quick release, smart, leader, but didnt put the wins together like Colt, albeit he did have inferior talent.

3- Tebow- Will be a player who changes the way the game is played. Has played well in all phases of the game and is the best leader of the group. Who wouldnt want a guy with as much passion and fire for the game as Tebow has?

4-Bradford- He has it all, but injury questions drop him and id rather have a qb who has proven himself at the lower level more then 1 season.

5- Locker- Accuracy was an issue but really good when moving with the ball.

6- It doesnt matter i really only want one of the top 3, would be ok with bradford and not be too happy with locker.

Edit- You dont pass a qb when you have a class like this. O line can be taken in the second and fourth round along with a free agent who has proven his play and we have a shot at an average to good line. Ill take a franchise qb with an average line over jason campbell and a great line any day.

If the Pros = College football you'd be right. However that isn't the case.

McCoy has huge weaknesses in arm strength, doesn't play under center, system QB, etc.

Clausen is about the most polished and technically ready QB in the draft but lacks big game experience.

Tebow- See McCoy. He wins but really isn Vince Young Lite and would need years to correct his mechanics and for him to learn how to read NFL defenses.

Bradford- non pro set offense, limited under center experience and injury concerns.

Locker-Still raw and probably (and should) go back for his senior year and more experience in a pro set offense.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/writers/dan_shaughnessy/11/30/randolph/

Interesting article about the Holy Cross QB, Dominic Randolph. Perhaps he is worth taking a late-round flier on?

If we HAVE to take a QB earlier, I'm praying it's Dan LeFeavour. The kid is money at Central Michigan (and this comes from a Western Michigan grad that pretty much hates all things Chippewas).

If the best available offensive lineman isn't worth of our draft position, we need to move down and be able to draft two big uglies that are worthy of their slots. I will not debate this.

Apparently some of the currents players aren't impressed with Claussen or McCoy. When their names were mentioned to a lineman on the team, he rolled his eyes and said "this is the NFL."

Wait... A lineman on our team wants to comment on how someone is not ready for the NFL?

:doh:

Edit: unless it is a D-lineman

original_image.png?1247653378

Archived