Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Skins already looking at Jimmy Clausen?!?!

DTN Redskin

http://www.yardbarker.com/all_sports/articles/DMV_The_Redskins_Are_Looking_at_Jimmy_Clausen_as_Their_Next_Quarterback/1629460

Do think this guy is gonna be good at the next level. Super accurate, quick release, gutty, and a leader. Just really think we should shore up the o-line first.

Is this a big deal?

I'm honestly asking, because I have no clue if the fact that the Redskins scout was there is important or not.

I mean do we send scouts to watch all the top QB prospects?

Cause I would like to think so...but you never know.

personally, i the order of preference for qbs is this for me

1- Colt Mccoy- Does nothing but win, quick release, accurate, a leader, and after seeing him in that Texas A&M game, running and passing? A monster qb in the nfl.

2- Clausen- Just has it all. Quick release, smart, leader, but didnt put the wins together like Colt, albeit he did have inferior talent.

3- Tebow- Will be a player who changes the way the game is played. Has played well in all phases of the game and is the best leader of the group. Who wouldnt want a guy with as much passion and fire for the game as Tebow has?

4-Bradford- He has it all, but injury questions drop him and id rather have a qb who has proven himself at the lower level more then 1 season.

5- Locker- Accuracy was an issue but really good when moving with the ball.

6- It doesnt matter i really only want one of the top 3, would be ok with bradford and not be too happy with locker.

Edit- You dont pass a qb when you have a class like this. O line can be taken in the second and fourth round along with a free agent who has proven his play and we have a shot at an average to good line. Ill take a franchise qb with an average line over jason campbell and a great line any day.

personally, i the order of preference for qbs is this for me

1- Colt Mccoy- Does nothing but win, quick release, accurate, a leader, and after seeing him in that Texas A&M game, running and passing? A monster qb in the nfl.

2- Clausen- Just has it all. Quick release, smart, leader, but didnt put the wins together like Colt, albeit he did have inferior talent.

3- Tebow- Will be a player who changes the way the game is played. Has played well in all phases of the game and is the best leader of the group. Who wouldnt want a guy with as much passion and fire for the game as Tebow has?

4-Bradford- He has it all, but injury questions drop him and id rather have a qb who has proven himself at the lower level more then 1 season.

5- Locker- Accuracy was an issue but really good when moving with the ball.

6- It doesnt matter i really only want one of the top 3, would be ok with bradford and not be too happy with locker.

Edit- You dont pass a qb when you have a class like this. O line can be taken in the second and fourth round along with a free agent who has proven his play and we have a shot at an average to good line. Ill take a franchise qb with an average line over jason campbell and a great line any day.

I agree with your assessment of McCoy & Bradford, but I'm not a Clausen fan and I don't think Tebow can play QB in the NFL. A dark horse is Tony Pike from Cincy, he could fall to the 2nd round and maybe the Skins get him there.

We probably wont but if we have the chance to get this kid we have to. You just can't pass on a qb of his caliber. The last Notre Dame QB we had worked out pretty well for us...

From what I've been reading about this years prospects, the top O-linemen in this years draft would barely make it into the first round of last years draft if at all. I beleive M. Oher was drafted 21st and he's way better than Okung, the top tackle in this years draft. However, there are alot of quality mid-rounder O-linemen for us to look at in the second round that we can pick up.

J-Cam's been looking pretty good the last few games though....

Locker doesn't interest me at all. I really hate when people tell about how good a QB is, other than his accuracy issues. Accuracy is #1 because nothing matters if you can't hit your target. All the arm strength in the world doesn't matter if you miss. Reading the defense doesn't matter if you miss. Moving in the pocket doesn't matter if you miss.

I'd be surprised if at least half the NFL teams haven't had a scout watching him as well... scouts are staffed year round, with nothing on their plate but watching anyone on their radar... they could make a headline about this type of thing with just about any team...

personally I'd love for us to shore up our oline with some maneuvering in the draft but there every GM or coach I've heard says you never pass up on a franchise QB, if available... so the question is do we have the talent in our scouting staff to identify such a player...

there are a lot less tangibles when drafting lineman and the risk reward with a high pick on QB can be crippling to an organization if the cap remains and it doesn't pan out...

Locker doesn't interest me at all. I really hate when people tell about how good a QB is, other than his accuracy issues. Accuracy is #1 because nothing matters if you can't hit your target. All the arm strength in the world doesn't matter if you miss. Reading the defense doesn't matter if you miss. Moving in the pocket doesn't matter if you miss.

That's why I think Bradford or Mccoy is what we need both are super accuracy and have a good arm

I want Colt McCoy or Locker.

Colt is a huge boys fan said it's his dream to play for them. I would be disgusted if he ended up here. I wonder how well he'd do if he played in a conference with some defence. Probably wouldn't be anywhere without Shipley.... yea, I'm hatin.

Pike looked great today.

I want Colt McCoy or Locker.

Colt is a huge boys fan said it's his dream to play for them. I would be disgusted if he ended up here. I wonder how well he'd do if he played in a conference with some defence. Probably wouldn't be anywhere without Shipley.... yea, I'm hatin.

Pike looked great today.

That's just stupid:doh:

What we need to do is go find twin brother night club bouncers and a sumo wrestler to sure up our O-line. Then we can sign ex-college stud Jimmy Falco as our starting QB. Then we'll find the guy that starred in those 7up commercials for a deep threat at WR. That way we'll still have all our draft picks and we can use them to draft 7 more safeties.

Sad part is, I hope Vinny doesn't read this, he may think it's a bulletproof plan.

Archived