Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Skins already looking at Jimmy Clausen?!?!

DTN Redskin

You just answered your question with the first sentence in your post to me. Its a crap shoot. Personall, this is the year for defensive talent IMO even though we need help on offense. Personally, I think we should go with a RB in the first IF we cant trade down. Nobody in the T spot is terribly impressive either.

I htink Young could be considere a bust thus far. Sure, the team is rolling right now, but it also happened to be when a major portion of the defense got healthy and the run game is not stoppable. Its not like young is putting up crazy numbers.

Cutler is what I always though he was. He is a great talent that is too sure of himself. Until he can learn from his mistakes, he is not going to win big.

I'm not big on Vince Young, but the dude is 23-11 in the NFL. Bust? They have won 5 in a row now with him.

At this point, Show me any QB that will be 23-11 in his first 34 starts and I say pick him #1 overall. He appears to be a winner more than a bust to me.

You just answered your question with the first sentence in your post to me. Its a crap shoot. Personall, this is the year for defensive talent IMO even though we need help on offense. Personally, I think we should go with a RB in the first IF we cant trade down. Nobody in the T spot is terribly impressive either.

I htink Young could be considere a bust thus far. Sure, the team is rolling right now, but it also happened to be when a major portion of the defense got healthy and the run game is not stoppable. Its not like young is putting up crazy numbers.

Cutler is what I always though he was. He is a great talent that is too sure of himself. Until he can learn from his mistakes, he is not going to win big.

Young passed for 387 yards and a game winning td to a team that has not lost on the road this year. Young is playing lights out right now and no one can take that away from him right now. Chris Johnson has put up huge numbers in some games but in losing situations so I would not necessarily put this winning streak solely on the running game. Tennessee defense is still suspect because Leinert was having a field day trip on the secondary.

-I wouldn't mind Toby or Spiller

-Young has an extremely impressive record as a starting QB, obviously this is also a reflection of his team, but I don't think he warrants the "bust" title by any means.. The jury is still out, it certainly is possible he will be a bust, but in my opinion its just too early to tell.

-He did lead a 99 yd drive, and have like 387 yds passing last week.

-I agree he is extremely talented and that has led to arrogance i.e. his idiotic comment about his arm-strength compared to Elway's... But I think a lot of the mistakes were seeing are also because he is asked to do so much for his team.

And who do you like that will be coming out next year? Because you should know all of the major prospects. Being a one year wonder would have to be a major flaw for you as well.

I am still reserving hope that Ponder will come out this year by the way.

Hmmm. Well thats a tough question. There is a whole season to really eff things up or blow things up. Right now, I like a few guys at QB for 2011.

Sam Bradford OK (surgery is a big "if)

Jerrod Johnson T A&M(I like his size and speed. His HC pedigree is a plus too)

Mitch Mustain USC (Great QB school. Smart guy. Was undefeated in AK and went to USC knowing of the uphill battle because he wanted to be "NFL ready". Tons of upside)

Again... this is WAY to premature to be even plausible yet (assuming none of these guy come out early, if at all... I think Bradford was going to until surgery... Anything can happen between now and 2011.

I'm not big on Vince Young, but the dude is 23-11 in the NFL. Bust? They have won 5 in a row now with him.

At this point, Show me any QB that will be 23-11 in his first 34 starts and I say pick him #1 overall. He appears to be a winner more than a bust to me.

There seems to be a VERY common misnomer (sp) around here when judging QB's. It seem that team stats ar tied to the QB. When a VERY average QB is on a bad team, they suck. If they are on a good team, they are great.

Youngs career completion percentage is 58%. He has more turnovers than TD's. He is playing great right now, but has shown a nack for losig interest in the game and not wanting to improve himself. That may be over with now, but lets not call him a success either.

Archived