Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Skins already looking at Jimmy Clausen?!?!

DTN Redskin

Christ on a stick man! Where have you been??!!

Filming other teams practices, stealing their signals. Spin it how you will, the guy cheated his way to immortality. Even if he didn't I would still hate him.

Back-to-back-to-back! You've achieved ES immortality in my book. Congrats!

I'd have a hard time rooting for this guy:

jimmy-clausen.jpg

When we could get this guy a whole lot cheaper:

cmuqbdb.jpg

And it doesn't matter who the QB is anyway if they don't rebuild this offensive line during the 2010 offseason. First round pick has to be offensive line. If one isn't worthy of our draft position, trade down so we can draft two that are.

This guy Jake Locker from Washington is amazing. He (from what I've heard) is the 2nd fastest person on the team. He runs a 4.39-40 and he's 6'3" and weights 225-230 lbs. Most guys that can run that are <5'11" and weigh 190 or so. He's a freak!!! His best attribute is he can throw on the run and has a gun of an arm. He's also playing in a pro-style of offense and I think has more upside than Clausen. Since our offensive line will be a work in progress we'll need a QB who can create yards with his feet. He has also lined up behind center and shotgun. If Shanahan is our coach I think he is the pick. We don't need another statue in the pocket passer he'll get killed.

If your QB can run thats nice. I want to know if he can make a 3, 5 and 7 step drop, read coverages and throw on time to the correct receiver with accuracy. You get points and wins through the passing game in the NFL and you need a QB who can operate out of the pocket to have a consistent passing game in the NFL.

Bradford and McCoy are the only franchise QB's this year.

Tebow wont be playing QB in the NFL because he is a spread QB and not pro-style.

He will be a project if he plays QB anywhere.

Locker will be a good #2 QB sometime in the future.

Clausen, I would stay away from...I am not sure about any ND QB.....especially one that loses as much as he does.

We already have a Colt on this team, so I would pick Bradford if we picked a QB.

I wouldnt pick a QB though.

Our OL is in shambles and needs shoring up before we do anything.

Give Colt Brennan a shot next year and if he fails to make the playoffs and shows no improvement over the season then draft someone in 2011.

This year just draft a #3 QB to replace Collins in the 5th or 6th round or let Woodson be our #3.

I'd have a hard time rooting for this guy:

jimmy-clausen.jpg

When we could get this guy a whole lot cheaper:

cmuqbdb.jpg

And it doesn't matter who the QB is anyway if they don't rebuild this offensive line during the 2010 offseason. First round pick has to be offensive line. If one isn't worthy of our draft position, trade down so we can draft two that are.

Dan LeFevour is a winner....that simple.

I think Clausen will be a fine NFL QB. I think any QB taken here should sit at least a year or two because the OL needs to be rebuilt. Don't ruin another QB here with a piss poor OL.

Edit- You dont pass a qb when you have a class like this. O line can be taken in the second and fourth round along with a free agent who has proven his play and we have a shot at an average to good line. Ill take a franchise qb with an average line over jason campbell and a great line any day.

I absolutely agree. As much as I cringe when I think about not addressing the O-line yet again in the first round, they cannot pass up a chance at a franchise QB. This year's deep QB class and the potential for the 'Skins having a top 10 pick may be the perfect storm. The O-line will have to wait until round 2.

And in the unlikely event that one of these guys is still around in the 2nd round, the o-line will have to wait until the next pick (fourth round)! I have this sick fantasy that teams won't take a chance on Tebow and the 'Skins pick him up in the second. And yes, I fully understand the implications of this on the o-line.

Bradford and McCoy are the only franchise QB's this year.

Tebow wont be playing QB in the NFL because he is a spread QB and not pro-style.

Oh yeah?

This is the type of post that makes me go, "huh?"

Tim Tebow isn't going to play QB because he's a spread QB and not a pro-style QB...

Okay, fine...

But then why is Colt McCoy a "franchise" quarterback? He plays in a VERY similar system.

Dan LeFevour is a winner....that simple.

I think Clausen will be a fine NFL QB. I think any QB taken here should sit at least a year or two because the OL needs to be rebuilt. Don't ruin another QB here with a piss poor OL.

I'm starting to think that's the way to go. We have a young QB we can play for a year (especially if we rebuild like we should and have nothing to lose in 2010). I would go into the draft open to selecting a franchise QB but not dead-set on it. Pick him if he's there for you and address the OL throughout the remainder of the draft.

Then, let Brennan and the kid compete in training camp with the expectation that Brennan will be the opening day starter. If the rookie can beat him out, that's great. If not, let him learn by watching for at least a few weeks or half the season.

I'm from Pennsylvania, love PSU, and HATE ND. But, who cares what past ND QBs have done in the league. Clausen is pretty good, and he played in a pro style offense. As much as I hate ND I would love to have a QB like Clausen. I think the Skins can draft OT/OG/C in the second and fourth round. Hopefully they sign on solid OL in FA -- like Jahri Evans from the Saints.

I'm from Pennsylvania, love PSU, and HATE ND. But, who cares what past ND QBs have done in the league. Clausen is pretty good, and he played in a pro style offense. As much as I hate ND I would love to have a QB like Clausen. I think the Skins can draft OT/OG/C in the second and fourth round. Hopefully they sign on solid OL in FA -- like Jahri Evans from the Saints.

Bradford and Clausen will be gone by the time Skins pick. The choice will be between MCoy, Tebow or Gerhart. I favor grabbing TG ... then taking a second tier QB in Round 2 ... there will plenty to choose among including: Pike, Robinson, Canfield, Kafka, Kaempenik, and so on.

I agree with your assessment of McCoy & Bradford, but I'm not a Clausen fan and I don't think Tebow can play QB in the NFL. A dark horse is Tony Pike from Cincy, he could fall to the 2nd round and maybe the Skins get him there.

I second Tony Pike. Tough player, a leader, and proved he can win at a "lesser" program in a big conference.

Bradford and Clausen will be gone by the time Skins pick. The choice will be between MCoy, Tebow or Gerhart. I favor grabbing TG ... then taking a second tier QB in Round 2 ... there will plenty to choose among including: Pike, Robinson, Canfield, Kafka, Kaempenik, and so on.

Gerhart would be a fun pick, but if we're taking a QB in the second, i'd rather we go oline in the first if we have a shot at a good one.

Have to go offensive line in the first-round. BUT the only way we don't is if somehow Bradford does a nose dive and falls to us, then we take him. The offensive line needs rebuilding, but Bradford is a rare QB prospect you don't see often. IMO he was a better prospect than Stafford and he came out last year would have gone #1.

It going to hard to pass up Gerhardt. That guy is the next Riggo. Now if we pick him, we can trade CP for some other QB or good oline guys.

And we would be the only team in the NFL with a white running back as our starter.

Finally justice served! :silly:

Archived