Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Skins already looking at Jimmy Clausen?!?!

DTN Redskin

You OL people need to realize one thing. Whether or not you want to waste an #1 pick on a player not named Okung, the Skins are going to pick a QB whether you like it or not, whether you are ultimately right or not.

If picking great Oline is the key to success, the Browns, who drafted a LT stud and a top notch first count C and spent 3 first round picks in the past 7 years on OL would win the SB.

Since the dont have a QB, their OL is meaningless.

You OL people need to realize one thing. Whether or not you want to waste an #1 pick on a player not named Okung, the Skins are going to pick a QB whether you like it or not, whether you are ultimately right or not.

If picking great Oline is the key to success, the Browns, who drafted a LT stud and a top notch first count C and spent 3 first round picks in the past 7 years on OL would win the SB.

Since the dont have a QB, their OL is meaningless.

The browns also are lacking a defense, WR's, and a run game. Kind of hard to win anything with JUST and O-line.

Didn't Brady come from Michigan? I didn't think that was in California.

OK, wise guy, here was the poitn:

The poster I replied to said "California boys don't bode well in NE NFL cities," talking about Jimmy Clausen, who is from California but plays at Notre Dame (not in California eithe, is it?)

Tom Brady was born and raised in California before playing in Michigan.

That was the comparison.

You're not comparing Claussen to Brady are you? And I said "typically". NFL network just did a show about the failures of LOTS of CA QBs -- it was actually pretty interesting to see.

Of course not -- but you made a point that CA boys done play well in NE NFL towns, and it turns out one of the greatest QBs in NFL history grew up in CA and plays in the quintessential NE NFL town. That was all.

OK, wise guy, here was the poitn:

The poster I replied to said "California boys don't bode well in NE NFL cities," talking about Jimmy Clausen, who is from California but plays at Notre Dame (not in California eithe, is it?)

Tom Brady was born and raised in California before playing in Michigan.

That was the comparison.

I see now. Apologies on the sarcasm. Also Brady cheats. And I hate him.

I understand they are doing their due diligence and looking at all QBs but this is dumb since they have NO idea what offense they will run, who the coach will be, or who the GM will be.

Just to get back to the topic of the thread, I think this is a great point. You've got a scouting department going out there that very well may not be in charge when the combine runs around. They have to do their job until they're no longer in a job, but unless Vinny and his staff are coming back next year, all of this is pointless anyway.

Tebow has a "We will NOT lose attitude" its hard to be a bust when you play the game like that. :2cents:

But Tebow has something even more important than that attitude:

He has the best players at EVERY position. No team in the NFL will give him that, and he'll be another Matt Leinart in the NFL.

But Tebow has something even more important than that attitude:

He has the best players at EVERY position. No team in the NFL will give him that, and he'll be another Matt Leinart in the NFL.

Good point we have seen alot of good college QB's come to the league and stink, Leinart and Russell in recent years just to name a few.

Just to get back to the topic of the thread, I think this is a great point. You've got a scouting department going out there that very well may not be in charge when the combine runs around. They have to do their job until they're no longer in a job, but unless Vinny and his staff are coming back next year, all of this is pointless anyway.

Do you really think that any new staff starts from scratch? In the contracting world when a new company takes over, there is a transition period where everything that has been done is passed down to the next company. I assume a similar pass down happens with job changes in a football team. So, even tho it is possible that some of the current staff might not be retained, their work is still going to be needed for whoever takes their job.

We don't people like Clausen? Is it simply the fact that he plays for ND? He seems to be clearly the top prospect on the board this season and those next season don't seem to be a great deal better. He's the only prospect with arm strength and accuracy.

His stats seems damn good:

2009 Jimmy Clausen 266completions 3382yards 67.3% 23TD 4int 22sack

2009 Jake Locker 234completions 2356yards 56.7% 17TD 10int 25sack

2009 Colt McCoy 310completions 3328yards 71.8% 27TD 9int 21sack

2009 Tim Tebow 145completions 1945yards 65.0% 14TD 4int 23sack

Bradford has been injured this season but here is his full 2008 season:

2008 Sam Bradford 328completions 4720yards 67.9% 50TD 8int 11sack

the funny thing is that people are saying how much they don't want Clausen. I don't think the skins will have the chance to get him.

personally, i the order of preference for qbs is this for me

1- Colt Mccoy- Does nothing but win, quick release, accurate, a leader, and after seeing him in that Texas A&M game, running and passing? A monster qb in the nfl.

2- Clausen- Just has it all. Quick release, smart, leader, but didnt put the wins together like Colt, albeit he did have inferior talent.

3- Tebow- Will be a player who changes the way the game is played. Has played well in all phases of the game and is the best leader of the group. Who wouldnt want a guy with as much passion and fire for the game as Tebow has?

4-Bradford- He has it all, but injury questions drop him and id rather have a qb who has proven himself at the lower level more then 1 season.

5- Locker- Accuracy was an issue but really good when moving with the ball.

6- It doesnt matter i really only want one of the top 3, would be ok with bradford and not be too happy with locker.

Edit- You dont pass a qb when you have a class like this. O line can be taken in the second and fourth round along with a free agent who has proven his play and we have a shot at an average to good line. Ill take a franchise qb with an average line over jason campbell and a great line any day.

If in fact we do take a QB, I only want Colt McCoy!!! The Guy is a Stud!!!

Archived