Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Skins already looking at Jimmy Clausen?!?!

DTN Redskin

http://www.yardbarker.com/all_sports/articles/DMV_The_Redskins_Are_Looking_at_Jimmy_Clausen_as_Their_Next_Quarterback/1629460

Do think this guy is gonna be good at the next level. Super accurate, quick release, gutty, and a leader. Just really think we should shore up the o-line first.

I completly agree. ol is the priority. a great ol can make even an average qb look good if he gets a few seconds in the pocket.

Having watched the game just now I think Clausen would fit right in with the skins he has no OLine to speak of either. You guys see their first snap on the last drive? The left tackle never got out of his stance. Really a "did that just happen" moment. lol

On the con side, UF QBs don't have a good track record. There has been some talk there are certain throws he's sub-par at. However, he has shown what I've found are the most important aspects of a good QB, he's a winner.

Another con is that Florida's schedule is like a birthday party, a whole lotta cupcakes.

I just saw him play against Stanford. He was ok. I didn't like his "Hail Mary" long throws. In the NFL, they would easily get picked off. I was more impressed with QB Andrew Luck and RB Toby Gerhart for Stanford. The big plays by Notre Dame were mainly the result of good WRs fighting for the ball and poor Stanford pass coverage.

Still not impressed with Clausen at all.. Doesn't wow me. Stanford's freshman QB looked better to me. Not stats wise, just from a football eye.

Oh, and I officially declare my love for Toby Gerhart. I'm sorry, call me what you want, but those goes deeper than a man crush. I'm in love!

Still not impressed with Clausen at all.. Doesn't wow me. Stanford's freshman QB looked better to me. Not stats wise, just from a football eye.

Oh, and I officially declare my love for Toby Gerhart. I'm sorry, call me what you want, but those goes deeper than a man crush. I'm in love!

I've seen Luck play all year and he is arguably NFL ready as a freshman, which is just crazy. Very very smart QB who looks like he's a senior. He's going to be a good one in the NFL.

Clausen is beastmode tonight, can't deny that.

I've NEVER seen a QB throw so many rainbows -- the Stanford DBs must be the absolute WORST in the country. Clausen is just plain lucky. Even Herbstreet & Brent said that his one pass went higher than their seats in the press box. HAHHA

I've NEVER seen a QB throw so many rainbows -- the Stanford DBs must be the absolute WORST in the country. Clausen is just plain lucky. Even Herbstreet & Brent said that his one pass went higher than their seats in the press box. HAHHA

Yea some of them were up there, and a lot of this game can be put on Stanfords bad pass coverage. Clausen did have a nice game tho, he did what is he was supposed to do against bad pass defenses.

Still i would have to say I'd like to see him go back another year and do it again, but maybe play some more quality opponents than he has so far.

This guy Jake Locker from Washington is amazing. He (from what I've heard) is the 2nd fastest person on the team. He runs a 4.39-40 and he's 6'3" and weights 225-230 lbs. Most guys that can run that are <5'11" and weigh 190 or so. He's a freak!!! His best attribute is he can throw on the run and has a gun of an arm. He's also playing in a pro-style of offense and I think has more upside than Clausen. Since our offensive line will be a work in progress we'll need a QB who can create yards with his feet. He has also lined up behind center and shotgun. If Shanahan is our coach I think he is the pick. We don't need another statue in the pocket passer he'll get killed.

You Clausen haters kill me. The guy has a lights out game and many of you still can't give him props. Some of you shouldn't even be watching football, with some of these comments.

Clausen was sick tonight, no question, but I'm going to reserve complete judgment on the QB prospects for April until I hear and/or read detailed scouting reports of strengths, weaknesses, what systems each would fit in, etc.

The browns also are lacking a defense, WR's, and a run game. Kind of hard to win anything with JUST and O-line.

This year...what about last when they had a top 3 WR a 1000 yd TE and a decent RB? They dont lose because they give up too many TDs they lose because the most important position on the field- QB is missing.

Archived