Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Skins already looking at Jimmy Clausen?!?!

DTN Redskin

Has to be from Vinny? Clausen is the top QB prospect for the coming draft according to basically every draft board in the country.

Hard to believe our GM would scout one of the top QB prospects, in a year we may take the top QB prospect, isn't it?

Our FO is stoopid and we will never win another game with them doing their jobs. :doh:

I think Clausen is a journeyman QB, not a franchise QB. The past 2 seasons at Notre Dame, his record is 12-11. And all 3 seasons in college, he is 15-18. He is very inconsistent. I would advise him to stay in college another year. Right now, he would stink in the NFL for several seasons.

I think we should go O-line in the first round but only if we can get the top tackle in the draft.

If not I would rather go RB in 1 and use the rest of the draft and free agency to strengthen the line, and wait till next year to take a QB. Okung is the only lineman I think is 1st round worthy and their are question marks for all of the QB's potentially coming out this year. Running back will also be a huge need for us, and having a young stud RB and a good O-line will make life a lot easier for who ever our future QB is

I think Clausen is a journeyman QB, not a franchise QB. The past 2 seasons at Notre Dame, his record is 12-11. And all 3 seasons in college, he is 15-18. He is very inconsistent. I would advise him to stay in college another year. Right now, he would stink in the NFL for several seasons.

Read a few posts up. Its not the offense, or Clausen, that's the reason behind ND sucking. Like the OP stated, the offense has been the least of their problems. Their defense under Weis has been atrocious. Clausen is a damn good QB. There's a reason why he's rated the top QB prospect by so many experts. Thankfully, they don't just look at a QB's record to determine how good he is.:doh:

Sorry to tell you Skippy but I'm 37 years old and lifelong Notre Dame fan. Haven't missed a game all season and I'll be watching tonight. Once again....Jimmy doesn't play defense. Why are you bringing up UConn? UConn's offense gashed ND's run defense. What does Jimmy have to do with that? Navy? Wow that was Jimmy who allowed their fullback to go for 160 yards? Come one man!

Also, after your "there's a reason he got punched.." comment and your admission of hatred toward the kid, I think you pretty much discredited yourself from this discusssion.

Tell us that you're leery of JC because he's only had one truly good year or that he may need another year to fine-tune his footwork. then you'll have some legitimacy. But don't tell me he hasn't played well or hasn't delivered in the clutch. He's played well all season and delivered at crunch time on a few occasions in '09. The Notre Dame defense has let them down all season long. ND's problems are NOT on offense.

You could argue that you discredit yours too by admitting you're a lifelong ND fan, bias plays in even when you don't realize it.

Yes ND's D lets them down, I will give you that. What concerns me is HE HAS only done it this year, and it hasn't been against quality opponents. If one of your strongest points is 'he ALMOST led his team to a TD in the final mins against USC' then it proves it, USC is having a horrible year for what they normally do. Stanford DOMINATED them.

To be called cluth you have to deliver in the clutch and not find excuses why he can't lead his team to victory, and do it against quality teams. We already have a QB on our team that has every excuse in the world as to why he can't lead us to wins.

I will be watching Clausen tonight tho to try and see his game a little better.

Thankfully, they don't just look at a QB's record to determine how good he is.:doh:

Acctualy a lot of coaches/gm's prefer to draft Qb's with 3 years at starter with a winning record, Bill Parcells would not draft him if he came out this year.

Clausen is a really good Qb but he needs to stay in school.

Read a few posts up. Its not the offense, or Clausen, that's the reason behind ND sucking. Like the OP stated, the offense has been the least of their problems. Their defense under Weis has been atrocious. Clausen is a damn good QB. There's a reason why he's rated the top QB prospect by so many experts. Thankfully, they don't just look at a QB's record to determine how good he is.:doh:

Look at his stats. He's inconsistent!!! His performance has improved this year, but he is still inconsistent from game to game. Just because "he's rated the top QB prospect by so many experts" means NOTHING AT ALL! :doh: JaMarcus Russell was the phenom #1 pick out of college and HE SUCKS!!!

how about tebow?

what's the pros/cons for Tebow as QB?

I just watched him for the first time and I can understand the excitement. If he doesn't get injured he will be good. Big if, but if Danny won't stop meddling at least he can run.....

how about tebow?

what's the pros/cons for Tebow as QB?

I'm a Gator fan and I love Tim Tebow in fact I'm wearing his jersey right now but NO.

I think he could develop into a great NFL QB if he is drafted by a team that has a veteran Qb that he can sit and learn from for at least 3 or 4 years. He will have to be in the right situation to develop into a pro QB and Washington is not the right situation for him. We need a pro ready QB not a project

Look at his stats. He's inconsistent!!! His performance has improved this year, but he is still inconsistent from game to game. Just because "he's rated the top QB prospect by so many experts" means NOTHING AT ALL! :doh: JaMarcus Russell was the phenom #1 pick out of college and HE SUCKS!!!

Yeah, buddy, im well aware of Russell's flop. Note, I even mentioned him earlier in the thread. Way to pay attention.:doh:...And it does mean something to be rated highly. There are always gonna be examples of guys that don't pan out. You obviously didn't watch many ND games. Anyone with a clue knows that their defense was the problem, not Clausen, and the offense.

....ND vs Pitt

"The Irish wide receiver scored on an 18-yard pass play and took a punt 87 yards for a touchdown to pull the team within five, but the Pitt defense held thanks to a controversial forced fumble on a sack of Jimmy Clausen." ....".but the problem is that the offense didn’t work well enough in the first three quarters."

.............ND vs Navy.....

"seconds came after Clausen was sacked for a safety"........... "Notre Dame turned it over three times, highlighted by a Clausen fumble at the goal line, while Navy was nearly perfect with no giveaways.",,,,,

............ND vs USC .........

" In a thriller, Jimmy Clausen misfired a pass into the end zone in what appeared to be the end of the game, but with USC celebrating on the field, one second was put back on the clock and Clausen had another chance. He missed again, and USC came away with the tough win." ...

............ND vs Uconn................

"Jimmy Clausen got the passing game going, but the offense continues to have problems putting the ball in the end zone." ............

......"There haven’t been enough points for all the yards the offense is cranking out."

This is just a few things I found to throw up Red flags, now I will say, for every bad play there are tons of good ones as well, but as far as clutch, this proves ot be the opposite. This reminds me WAY too much of what we currently have at QB.

I'm just saying I'm not sold on Clausen, I still wanna watch tonight. Like someone already said tho, Clausen should stay in school another year.

Bradford will be the #1 QB taken overall. He will come into work outs and impress the hell out of people.

Just say no to Clausen and McCoy- they will both be absolute garbage in the NFL.

Wow really?

I agree with the first part of your post, I think Bradford is the best QB in the draft, but what have you seen from McCoy and Clausen that makes you think they are absolute garbage?

Do you even watch football?

Is this a big deal?

I'm honestly asking, because I have no clue if the fact that the Redskins scout was there is important or not.

I mean do we send scouts to watch all the top QB prospects?

Cause I would like to think so...but you never know.

No it's not a huge deal and Yes we will scout most of the top players in person. We have a pretty good department with a sizable staff so our scouts are going to try and get a look at any of the top prospects at need positions in person while the season is underway. We are going to have a top 10 pick. Everyone needs to be on our radar at this point. Any player who's generating interest as a first rounder is going to get looked at. Lots of teams probably sent scouts to watch Clausen. The reason we got mentioned is because we've been very publicly searching for a QB for the past year.

Archived