Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Am I the only one who thinks Campbell is getting better?

Slateman

JC is getting definitely getting better playing behind a line, along with RB's, that can't block or slow down pass rushes consistently. Consequently, it is very hard to judge any pocket-passing QB who plays behind such a line although he obviously shows improvement as he is still standing and making plays as best as he can with no help around him (O-line, WRs, and consistent RB/TE blocking). If JC trusted his line, he would be able to keep his eyes down field more often.

Ha ha ha, this thread deserves a laugh.

Yes, Campbell is improving. How can we tell? Well, lets see, this weekend the Browns scored 37, the Lions scored 38, the Panthers scored 17, the Bills scored 15, the Bucs scored 7, the Chiefs scored 27, the Rams scored 13, and the Raiders scored 20.

How many points did our "improving Campbell" lead us to? 6 (2 field goals) :doh:

And how many chances did Cowboys give Campbell the ball back and go 3 and out? :doh:

And yet, all of the above mentioned teams are supposedly worse than the Redskins. Do all of those teams have better O-lines than us? Why should we always blame it on the oline when it's our quarterback who can't get the ball away quick enough, don't make the right reads, miss wide open receivers, and is sometimes the cause of his own sacks?

I'll say Campbell is improving when i see something like this:

Matthew Stafford

#9 | QB | Lions

26/43, 422 YDS, 5 TD, 2 INT

Oh yeah, that guy is a rookie with no Oline and less talent around him than Campbell :hysterical:

Ha ha ha, this thread deserves a laugh.

Yes, Campbell is improving. How can we tell? Well, lets see, this weekend the Browns scored 37, the Lions scored 38, the Panthers scored 17, the Bills scored 15, the Bucs scored 7, the Chiefs scored 27, the Rams scored 13, and the Raiders scored 20.

How many points did our "improving Campbell" lead us to? 6 (2 field goals) :doh:

And how many chances did Cowboys give Campbell the ball back and go 3 and out? :doh:

And yet, all of the above mentioned teams are supposedly worse than the Redskins. Do all of those teams have better O-lines than us? Why should we always blame it on the oline when it's our quarterback who can't get the ball away quick enough, don't make the right reads, miss wide open receivers, and is sometimes the cause of his own sacks?

I'll say Campbell is improving when i see something like this:

Matthew Stafford

#9 | QB | Lions

26/43, 422 YDS, 5 TD, 2 INT

Oh yeah, that guy is a rookie with no Oline and less talent around him than Campbell :hysterical:

- Right and Stafford has Calvin Johnson who went 7/161/1.....and we have???.....zippo!!...

- Right and Stafford has Calvin Johnson who went 7/161/1.....and we have???.....zippo!!...

Right, but Stafford threw 5 tds. Calvin Johnson only caught 1. Who were the other 4 thrown to? ;)

Also, Explain this, Brady Quinn, 21/33, 304 yards, 4 TDs. Who was he throwing to? Cleavland has better WRs than us? :silly:

If your QB is a winner, it doesn't matter who your WRs are. Even if your WRs are scrubs who drop the ball and don't get open all the time, with a QB who gives them enough high percentage chances, or at least throws them the ball, they are bound to catch some and make some plays.

Oh yeah, we can make the argument that the Browns and Lions have atrocious defenses and thats why they put up such big numbers. But, would Campbell have put up those big numbers if he would have played either team? What numbers did Campbell put up against Kansas City? What numbers did he put up when he played the Lions?

OOHHH! A Jason Campbell related thread, where the usual suspects twist the truth to argue the same pointless argument again... and again... and again...

How original!

Hence why you are here, right? To join your buddies, the usual suspects, in regurgitating the same pointless, flawed excuses again and again and again? ;)

Hence why you are here, right? To join your buddies, the usual suspects, in regurgitating the same pointless, flawed excuses again and again and again? ;)

Nah... I lurk mostly now. This board has fallen far from grace. I definitley dont post as much as I used too. There is nothing new here. Another day, and another useless JC debate...

What would be a nice twist is to talk rip the rst of the team for tir shortcomings. A thread about Portis being done, or the front five being done, or the pros/cons of the next player we just called from his couch to be a offensive lineman would be nice...

Campbell is not good and not bad. He's acceptable.

The problem is he'll only ever be able to put it together if we have some stability. From offensive scheme, to players, etc etc.

Instead, we'll bring in a new scheme and a new QB next year, and then have no patience. And in two years, we'll be calling that guy a bust too.

No patience? Campbell will have had over 50 starts before we finally get him out of the starting role, a position he has never EARNED for this team. Most people (you're always going to have the few that are the exception) that are tired of watching this team be held back by a mediocre QB had patience with JC through all of what should have been his growing pains era. That era is still continuing in his fifth year, with JC making many of the same mistakes he was making on day one. Mistakes that many rookies do not make. There is a thin line between patience and just blind homerism. That line was crossed awhile ago.

It's funny how the JC crowd has already given up on our draft picks from last year. Using them as excuses as to why JC can't get it done. Where's the patience there?

look at my breakdown from the cowboys game in the keep jason thread. campbell was in shotgun for 25 of his 37 attempts. he wasnt doing short drops and getting hit.

he also didnt read any defense pre snap and make any adjustments, and blitzers came flying in with a head start. a good QB will recognize this and make adjustments.

the cowboys also blitzed 6-7 guys on numerous plays. no line is holding up to that, especially with ware and spencer coming full steam ahead up field.

this whole "hes in a 3 step drop" all day is nonsense (at least in the cowboys game it was).

I have to differ with you on this, there was a play were he pointed out and picked up and open blitzer and our fabulous O-Line still didn't react. JC has been improving, some people don't think that he is our QB< but when you ask who would be better you get the cult or you get people calling for Bradford, Clausen or McCoy, I'm not saying he is our long term answer but I'd rather wait until 2011 when Ponder comes out then burn a pick on a guaranteed bust

I have to differ with you on this, there was a play were he pointed out and picked up and open blitzer and our fabulous O-Line still didn't react. JC has been improving, some people don't think that he is our QB< but when you ask who would be better you get the cult or you get people calling for Bradford, Clausen or McCoy, I'm not saying he is our long term answer but I'd rather wait until 2011 when Ponder comes out then burn a pick on a guaranteed bust

if you can remember it id like to see it. i dont remember seeing that but if he did thats good. still though, 1 time out of close to 40 is not good, considering how much heat they sent on us on sunday.

And to the Quinn and stafford Lovers, this proves one thing: Our Offensive Line is worse than the Browns or Lions, in fact it is the worst in the league

Our line is the worst in the league? No way? You mean we are about to have our 10th (yep TENTH) STARTER on the OLINE for the year.

/sarcasm off

:hysterical:

Another example of how the standards of QB play have sunk to unimaginable depths around here...

amazing isnt it? cant score against, lions, rams, chiefs..... some of the worst teams not just this yr but of all time and he thinks candle is playing well.

Thank god he aint a talent evaluator

if you can remember it id like to see it. i dont remember seeing that but if he did thats good. still though, 1 time out of close to 40 is not good, considering how much heat they sent on us on sunday.

I also read somewhere where Rabach is supposed to make the line adjustments not JC.

Rabach misses Jansen, but he's focused on making the proper line calls at center.
found in: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2009/aug/31/rabach-steadies-the-line/

and this

As the center for the Washington Redskins, Casey Rabach has the vital job of making the blocking calls at the line of scrimmage before the ball is snapped. His split-second decisions determine whether Clinton Portis will have a hole to run through, or whether Jason Campbell can drop into the pocket unscathed.

found here (a little older): http://www.wtop.com/?nid=293&sid=1252539

Is Campbell playing better than the start of the season? Sure.

Is Campbell playing better than this time last season? Not so sure.

Is Campbell progressing at a rate that will make him a serious starting NFL QB in the next 5 years? No.

At the rate Campbell is progressing he'll be ready for primetime NFL play in about 10 years. I'm not exactly willing to wait that long.

I appreciate the positive thinking and the positive attitudes. But trying to make JC out as any more than a servicable backup in the NFL is simply not arguable anymore. It's unfortunate for us because it means we have to find a new QB - AGAIN. But that's life sometimes.

No patience? Campbell will have had over 50 starts before we finally get him out of the starting role, a position he has never EARNED for this team. Most people (you're always going to have the few that are the exception) that are tired of watching this team be held back by a mediocre QB had patience with JC through all of what should have been his growing pains era. That era is still continuing in his fifth year, with JC making many of the same mistakes he was making on day one. Mistakes that many rookies do not make. There is a thin line between patience and just blind homerism. That line was crossed awhile ago.

It's funny how the JC crowd has already given up on our draft picks from last year. Using them as excuses as to why JC can't get it done. Where's the patience there?

You Sir are a solid voice of reason. Well said.

The JC supporters blame everything on the OL or our young receivers or our coach. Never is it JC's fault. But who is the one guy who brings all of those three pieces together to make a unit? It's JC. He's the common denominator to our problems on offense.

Campbell is not good and not bad. He's acceptable.

The problem is he'll only ever be able to put it together if we have some stability. From offensive scheme, to players, etc etc.

Instead, we'll bring in a new scheme and a new QB next year, and then have no patience. And in two years, we'll be calling that guy a bust too.

If this were true shouldn't he had been on another team lets say Denver or Chicago we drafted him in the 1st round but couldn't even get a 2nd or 3rd rounder for him

Archived