Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Am I the only one who thinks Campbell is getting better?

Slateman

But Passizle do you really think Campbell is that great of a stop-gap QB? I would prefer we acquire a QB that can really help groom a future QB, teach them the ins and outs of a system, as well as how to get acclimated to the NFL... Campbell is still getting acclimated to the NFL, and I'm not sure he would be thrilled to help groom a young QB that intends to take his job, though he has shown great class throughout his time here, I just think that would be too big a blow to his pride.

Yes I do. I think JC has a ton of heart, a will to win, and an unquestionable work ethic. ALL of those things are good for a mentor to have and for an up ad comer to look up to. The biggest benefit would be having stabiltiy at the position. Of course, the OLNY way I would be for keeping JC is if we keep the same system and HC... which is doubtful).

Agreed. But I can pull tape from any game on any week and see the same overthrows from any QB. Heck. How many overthrows did McNabb commit just last week? He was high and wide all day. I think we as skins fans focus too much on what our QB is not doing on every snap, compared what we assume every other QB IS doing on every snap by watching his highligh reel.

I saw a couple of strong games by JC the past few weeks. BUt like you said, there was a missed receiver on the Eagles game. Cant remeber down and distance... just there was a blitz pickup, JC completed to the guy under neath, but Samuel was really greedy that day and let DT go on an out route. DT "looked" wide open behind the defense and it "looked" like a sure fire TD. I cant say for sure because the camera dos not pan the filed past that play.

Anways.... to stay on subject matter. When we had solid line play last year, JC proved that by playing smart ball, we could win consistantly. People will bring up how CP was trucking at the time (which I agree with) and use that as a knock on JC... whil at the same time say that Flacco and Ryan were "leading" their teams to victory under the exact same circumstances.

If we played 8 game seasons I would agree and to stay on topic here what is JC doing that shows he's getting better yes he got the ball out when the eagles and dallas blitzed him instead of getting plummeted as some would say to the ground, but going on year 5 should we be taking this as a sign he's improving and actually is that enough in itself to say he's improving.

Yes I do. I think JC has a ton of heart, a will to win, and an unquestionable work ethic. ALL of those things are good for a mentor to have and for an up ad comer to look up to. The biggest benefit would be having stabiltiy at the position. Of course, the OLNY way I would be for keeping JC is if we keep the same system and HC... which is doubtful).

-You are 100% correct, those are all things for a JC to teach a young QB, but how willing would he be to do so after his treatment here? While I don't doubt his character, I just can't see him giving his all, when teaching someone to take his position.

-It is doubtful and thats too bad, I would like for Zorn to get his 3rd year.. I am not a fan of Colt, but I do think this current offense really plays to his strengths, and I would have loved to see him get some live playing time.

Speaking of what Campbell is doing Passizle, how about that downfield pass to DT, that play showed grit, accuracy, and an ability to roll out of the pocket and create plays.. My main problem with him, is that these plays never seem to occur when we need them most.

Speaking of what Campbell is doing Passizle, how about that downfield pass to DT, that play showed grit, accuracy, and an ability to roll out of the pocket and create plays.. My main problem with him, is that these plays never seem to occur when we need them most.

That was a great play. I wish to see more of them too. I am a very firm beleiver in the saying of you reap what you sow. I really beleive that if we had any resemblance of a good, consistant front 5, that we would see more of this, not from only JC, but from the run game as well. DT, MK and FD have really stepped t up the past couple of games. I dont know how much more... but its kind of hard to fault the guy (IMO) when he is runing for his life most of he time... and when he does not have to run for his life, he expects to. Its called conditioning.

My problem is that it's a ONE and DONE thing with JC in a game. The play to DT was great but once a game isn't going to cut it around here.

My problem is that it's a ONE and DONE thing with JC in a game. The play to DT was great but once a game isn't going to cut it around here.

-Thats my other major gripe with Campbell he's just not consistent enough.. Even when he did have a good offensive line, he still never really showed great consistency.

-Thats my other major gripe with Campbell he's just not consistent enough.. Even when he did have a good offensive line, he still never really showed great consistency.

The current offensive line is rank 11th in the league and that's out of 32 teams so how much are we really going to put on the o-line I think in the Eagles and Dallas game they gave him decent protection.

The current offensive line is rank 11th in the league and that's out of 32 teams so how much are we really going to put on the o-line I think in the Eagles and Dallas game they gave him decent protection.

-Dude that line play has been pretty awful this season, these past couple of games Campbell just seems to finally realizing it, and doing everything he can to make a play.. Don't get me wrong, I don't think Campbell is anything special but he's been playing his guts out behind a real ****ty line.

-I like using football outsiders stats for pretty much every aspect of the game, they're usually pretty accurate.. According to them we rank 27th in pass protection

http://footballoutsiders.com/stats/ol

-I like using football outsiders stats for pretty much every aspect of the game, they're usually pretty accurate.. According to them we rank 27th in pass protection

http://footballoutsiders.com/stats/ol

Excellent link! I have always been a fan of Football Outsiders but haven't been keeping up with their site this season, probably out of disgust due to the way the Redskins season is looking.

Some things to note according to Football Outsiders:

- Yes, Tom Brady had a bad offensive line in 2001, despite the claims in the other dumb thread.

- The pass protection was ranked middle of the pack in 2008, and Ben Roethlisberger had a horrible line despite claims to the contrary.

- Ben Roethlisberger and Aaron Rodgers continue to have bad pass protection despite claims to the contrary.

I love the site personally.. Oldfan threw it in my face this offseason when I tried to use a statistic to prove a point, he showed me a much better statistic which proved me to be quite incorrect.. Since then I have used the site on every occasion I can, I find there statistics and rankings to be very accurate

-Something odd I noticed when looking at the breakdown of the play of our offensive line.. We have had the most success running off the RT, though we have run the fewest plays off the RT.

Archived