Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Am I the only one who thinks Campbell is getting better?

Slateman

Actually TD's are kind of the point of the game of football.:silly: No matter if it's passing TD's by Jason or running TD's by the team, he leads us to very little of them. In fact, we're one of the worst teams in the league at scoring TD's. Our punter has had to score 2 of them for us this year. I thought the whole object of the game of football is scoring TD's? Jason Campbell is a not leading us to very many, hence the terrible record we have. :evilg:

In 46 games, I believe he's scored 45 touchdowns. That's pathetic.

He obviously didnt read my post because right after i posted his TD numbers last yr, i posted his TD numbers this yr stating that only two starting QBs this yr have less TDs than candle. But , hey , when u dont read, obviously ur going to come off as a clueless one.

so then there is no need to read rest of your post since you have no credibility.

now what part of he was tied for least amount of TDs thrown for starting QBs last yr and only two starting QBs have thrown less than him this yr do you not understand?

You dont understand how to read stats. JC has more TD than...

Matt Hasslebeck

Mark Sanchez

Jake Delhomme

David Garard

Chad Henne

Mark Bulger

Jamarcus Russell

Ok. Now go back in the list I just posted and please explain to me how all those QB's = 2. Even given the 2 TD's he threw this week, he would still have been above all the names on that list except for Hasslebeck. AGain... how is that "two"?

FWIW, the real reason you would not engage the rest of my prior post is because you have nothing left to argue... kind of like your "two" argument...

Ok. Now go back in the list I just posted and please explain to me how all those QB's = 2. Even given the 2 TD's he threw this week, he would still have been above all the names on that list except for Hasslebeck. AGain... how is that "two"?
Its not 2... its 3. :)

Sanchez, Garrard and Delhomme. The other QB's have missed games.

Jason has improved. He has. He's just hasn't proven to be clutch. With Jason we are always in the game, we just don't pull them out as a team. Not all his fault. But, in the last two games, which were critical for us getting back in the hunt, we had opportunities to get field goals to extend a game or win a game and we didn't even get first downs. What about the Detroit game.

It's moments like that Quarterbacks win over their teams. You all saw what Vince Young did last week. He rose to the occasion. He stepped up in the big time. Jason has yet to do that. We keep waiting. We are in his fourth year of playing. Waiting for that memorable moment where we can say "He's arrived."

Jason to me is a serviceable decent quarterback that can come in and at least save your season when the starter goes down. Charlie Batch like. For instance, when I saw Drew Bree's look off the safety on one his touchdown passes it was a thing of beauty. Then when I saw Asante Samuels reading Jason's eyes twice for picks, I'm thinking "Dude you've been playing for too long to give away what your doing by reading your eyes."

I have still yet to see Jason do a hard count to draw a team offsides. How many pass interference penalties has the team had this year. What about the back shoulder pass, etc. Whatever. I'm just ready to move on.

Matt Hasslebeck

Mark Sanchez

Jake Delhomme

David Garard

Chad Henne

Mark Bulger

Jamarcus Russell

WOW this list is really saying something you've made your case these are all top tier QB's. Where's he compared to Matt Ryan, Joe Flacco, or Aaron Rodgers.

Matt Hasslebeck

Mark Sanchez

Jake Delhomme

David Garard

Chad Henne

Mark Bulger

Jamarcus Russell

FWIW, the real reason you would not engage the rest of my prior post is because you have nothing left to argue... kind of like your "two" argument...

I believe JC is getting better but, the 4 of the QB's names above haven't played in every game.

Hasselbeck, Henne, and Bulger have all missed time. Russell was benched.

A better group to compare him to are dirty Sanchez, Delhomo, and Gerrard. Which of those quarterbacks is doing a good job? Bad comparison.

Its not 2... its 3. :)

Sanchez, Garrard and Delhomme. The other QB's have missed games.

So? A game here or there. JC missed "time" too. Not the point. Guy was all uppity on the highhorse, smokin ganja claiming "facts" that are not the case....

Even given your count. Three is still not two. I am not using the numbers to say JC is great. He's not the "worst"... or even bottom 5 bad. He is middle of the road. The same as about any other QB not named Brady, Manning, or Brees, would be in this situation on this team.

WOW this list is really saying something you've made your case these are all top tier QB's. Where's he compared to Matt Ryan, Joe Flacco, or Aaron Rodgers.

Try to pay attentio to the topic at hand. This list is not to say "JC is a great QB". Its to prove a point that he is not as "terrible" as some of you say he is. JC is "meh".

I believe JC is getting better but, the 4 of the QB's names above haven't played in every game.

Hasselbeck, Henne, and Bulger have all missed time. Russell was benched.

A better group to compare him to are dirty Sanchez, Delhomo, and Gerrard. Which of those quarterbacks is doing a good job? Bad comparison.

They are al relativley close. I admit I did not look at the games started. Just the amount of attempts. Still.

Henne played in 9 games compared to JC 10 and 1/2.

Bulger played 9

Hasslebeck played 9

I dont think its that far of a reach I made...

And to answer your question, his is 1 TD behind Flacco, and 4 behind Ryan. Rodgers is way up there...

Try to pay attentio to the topic at hand. This list is not to say "JC is a great QB". Its to prove a point that he is not as "terrible" as some of you say he is. JC is "meh".

I don't think JC is getting better because his TD to INT ratio is always near 50/50 and his winning percentage is not getting better. This is his second year in Zorn's system with the same offensive coordinator and his numbers look worse I know I know its the o-lines fault. Then people try to say JC is not terrible by comparing him to other terrible QB's and saying he's doing the least terrible out of the list of terribles QB's, It's like saying I'm not a alcoholic I only drink 3 times a day Monday thru Saturday my friend is a alcoholic he drinks 3 times a day Monday thru Sunday.

And to answer your question, his is 1 TD behind Flacco, and 4 behind Ryan. Rodgers is way up there...

And to prove my point Flacco year 2, Ryan year 2, Rogers who you didn't want to mention 22 TD's at year 4 thats 11 more than Jason who's on year 5 and more of who we should compare him to due to having similar years of expeirence, and baring injury I can garuntee you all of these QB's will throw more TD's than JC at the conclusion of the season. To me these are middle of the pack QB's. If you wanted somebody to compare you to something would you want them to find the worst people to compare you to or the average person, and to answer you question NO he's not getting better he's doing what he's always done and that managing the game to where we either win or lose in a close competition.

we definitely dont need our QB reading a defense and trying to slow down the blitz. how could we demand so much!

You're right because the main purpose of the hard count is to slow down the blitz. Let me save you some time, dude...

[brandon Lloyd Christmas] Jason Candle sucks...I hate Jason Campbell...I will poison every post about Jason Campbell with my hate for him...Jason Campbell is the worst QB ever...Jason Campbell sucks...Cut Jason Campbell

You're right because the main purpose of the hard count is to slow down the blitz. Let me save you some time, dude...

[brandon Lloyd Christmas] Jason Candle sucks...I hate Jason Campbell...I will poison every post about Jason Campbell with my hate for him...Jason Campbell is the worst QB ever...Jason Campbell sucks...Cut Jason Campbell

Be carefull Drastik and a few others may get offended plus the mods may close this thread if you do that.

embarrassing massive quote fail

right, a hard count wouldnt show campbell where the blitz was coming from, and knowing that he couldnt start changing plays based on what he could read, and quick slants and screens and other designed plays to slow down the blitz wouldnt happen from a QB that could do that.

thanks for showing me how football works!

:hysterical:

Another example of how the standards of QB play have sunk to unimaginable depths around here...

My words exactly.

It baffles me how campbell supporters complain about the bashing of campbell but every day they post a new campbell thread so they can continue to be bashed. I think they all forgot their meds.

Been off the boards for a few days, so this may have been covered.

The last three weeks, Campbell has looked better. He is making reads better. He's working through his progressions quicker. He seems to be finding that second and third option. Guys like Davis, Kelly, and Thomas are getting the ball now.

Obviously, part of it is the line. He has a lack of time so his decision making has to be compressed. But, I also think a lot of it has to do with JC putting in the work and studying the playbook and working with Zorn (who isn't consumed with play calling now)

Thoughts?

Considering how bad he was playing, anything would be an improvement. At the end of the day we have a losing record after having the easiest schedule in the league this year. Whatever he does from here on out doesn't matter.

right, a hard count wouldnt show campbell where the blitz was coming from, and knowing that he couldnt start changing plays based on what he could read, and quick slants and screens and other designed plays to slow down the blitz wouldnt happen from a QB that could do that.

thanks for showing me how football works!

BLC, seriously, open your eyes. He does all those things now. He was calling out blitzers. He was calling audibles. Even the TD pass to Moss was a hot read.

I think that Campbell has improved to the point that it leaves us scrambling in our minds of what value he now brings.

Do you keep him at a cheaper price for the next two years while grooming his eventual successor... franchise him and hope to sucker a team for a draft pick and quite possibly a player? Campbell would at least garner that much attention worthwhile.

Archived