Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Am I the only one who thinks Campbell is getting better?

Slateman

BLC, seriously, open your eyes. He does all those things now. He was calling out blitzers. He was calling audibles. Even the TD pass to Moss was a hot read.

the TD to moss just looked like a slant from the slot (at least from where i was sitting). how do you know that was a hot read?

and hes not really changing much at the line, hes not using a hard count, and hes still staring guys down (both samuels INTs my entire section saw coming a mile away).

as usual, hes not getting it done. why you still have faith in this loser is a 100% mystery.

the TD to moss just looked like a slant from the slot (at least from where i was sitting). how do you know that was a hot read?

and hes not really changing much at the line, hes not using a hard count, and hes still staring guys down (both samuels INTs my entire section saw coming a mile away).

as usual, hes not getting it done. why you still have faith in this loser is a 100% mystery.

It was a hot read because Philly sent a blitz and Campbell threw the quick pass where the blitz came from. Definition of a hot read. I'm sure when Aaron Rodgers does it you understand though, right?

The INT's were not as much on him as they were great plays by Samuel. But it would be hard for me to explain those plays if you don't understand playing CB. I can try if you like.

The reason I believe I still have faith is because I actually analyze the game objectively. I don't believe that you do anymore.

It was a hot read because Philly sent a blitz and Campbell threw the quick pass where the blitz came from. Definition of a hot read. I'm sure when Aaron Rodgers does it you understand though, right?

The INT's were not as much on him as they were great plays by Samuel. But it would be hard for me to explain those plays if you don't understand playing CB. I can try if you like.

The reason I believe I still have faith is because I actually analyze the game objectively. I don't believe that you do anymore.

the pass to moss was nice, however you have no idea if that was his hot read or if it was a designed slant to moss. either way, it was a nice pass.

the INTs were him staring down receivers as usual, and samuel saw this and made plays. and why are you some authority on how the corner position is played?

i have an opinion you dont agree with, so you tell me im not being objective. nice. ive been objective regarding campbell since day one, its been 4 years starting now. i just dont pretend the tiny positives are enough to outweigh the massive negatives.

the pass to moss was nice, however you have no idea if that was his hot read or if it was a designed slant to moss. either way, it was a nice pass.

the INTs were him staring down receivers as usual, and samuel saw this and made plays. and why are you some authority on how the corner position is played?

i have an opinion you dont agree with, so you tell me im not being objective. nice. ive been objective regarding campbell since day one, its been 4 years starting now. i just dont pretend the tiny positives are enough to outweigh the massive negatives.

I'm not an authority, but I understand what Samuel did. And I understand what Campbell saw. Campbell read the defenses coverages correctly on both plays. Those routes should be open. Samuel was smart and abondoned his coverage to jump the play. His anticipation on those plays was perfect. You have to give props to a top corner playing like a top corner on those plays.

And you're not objective because I have to constantly remind you of anything positive that he does. Because you conveniently forget. Yet you are able to break down every aspect of every negative play.

And to prove my point Flacco year 2, Ryan year 2, Rogers who you didn't want to mention 22 TD's at year 4 thats 11 more than Jason who's on year 5 and more of who we should compare him to due to having similar years of expeirence, and baring injury I can garuntee you all of these QB's will throw more TD's than JC at the conclusion of the season. To me these are middle of the pack QB's. If you wanted somebody to compare you to something would you want them to find the worst people to compare you to or the average person, and to answer you question NO he's not getting better he's doing what he's always done and that managing the game to where we either win or lose in a close competition.

First, I never asked a question. Second, peruse the posts befor calling a person out. You are looking pretty foolish here. I am not debating Campbells talents or lackthereof. Im debating some peoples notion that he is the worst in the NFL. Clearly he is not.

I'm not an authority, but I understand what Samuel did. And I understand what Campbell saw. Campbell read the defenses coverages correctly on both plays. Those routes should be open. Samuel was smart and abondoned his coverage to jump the play. His anticipation on those plays was perfect. You have to give props to a top corner playing like a top corner on those plays.

And you're not objective because I have to constantly remind you of anything positive that he does. Because you conveniently forget. Yet you are able to break down every aspect of every negative play.

i want him gone because ive seen enough of his bad play. does he make good plays? sometimes, but not enough to warrant keeping him.

itd be like an orioles fan breaking down every at bat for daniel cabrera. is he gonna throw some sweet pitches? yes. is he gonna strike guys out and have the occasional awesome game? yes. is the guy a good pitcher? ask any orioles fan what the answer is to that one.

campbell is the football equivalent of daniel cabrera. enough physical talent to warrant keeping around, enough flashes to think theres something there, and a good attitude that makes you feel sorry for the guy.

I just can not understand anyone supporting JC, at the end of the day, taking everything under consideration he is a failure at his player position of QB.

Just like Dan Snyder fails as a NFL owner.

Just like Vinny Cerrato fails as a GM.

Just like Jim Zorn fails as a HC.

You can find something to praise in them all, but it does not change the bottom line.

:logo:

I just can not understand anyone supporting JC, at the end of the day, taking everything under consideration he is a failure at his player position of QB.

Just like Dan Snyder fails as a NFL owner.

Just like Vinny Cerrato fails as a GM.

Just like Jim Zorn fails as a HC.

You can find something to praise in them all, but it does not change the bottom line.

:logo:

Wait a minute! There is nothing to praise about Vinny Verrato. Lets please try to be realistic here.

Wait a minute! There is nothing to praise about Vinny Verrato. Lets please try to be realistic here.

yes there is. he drafted orakpo. he found horton in the 7th round. he had a hand in drafting taylor/cooley/landry/mcintosh. he drafted jarmon in the supp draft. he helped get haynesworth and hall here. he found marko mitchell.

see how easy it is to find positives about a guy? thats a whole list of things that vinny has done well. and hes probably the worst GM in the NFL outside of Al "Yoda" Davis.

First, I never asked a question. Second, peruse the posts befor calling a person out. You are looking pretty foolish here. I am not debating Campbells talents or lackthereof. Im debating some peoples notion that he is the worst in the NFL. Clearly he is not.

Okay Passizle I get it now Campbells not the worst QB in the league I never thought he was, but he's not to far from that label interms of NFL expeirence and production on gamedays. Everything I spoke of is related to the mirage some people have of Campbell getting better by choosing novice plays that he's made that are considered routine in the NFL.

He is the worst in Redskins history with the same or more starts.

How about your prefrence for Campbell over Brees? How did that pan out?

Your expertise in looking foolish in your own posts doesn't mean you can spot it in other members' posts. It is actually the opposite.

Okay Passizle I get it now Campbells not the worst QB in the league I never thought he was, but he's not to far from that label interms of NFL expeirence and production on gamedays. Everything I spoke of is related to the mirage some people have of Campbell getting better by choosing novice plays that he's made that are considered routine in the NFL.

The only mirage I can really see is that people, such as yourself, really beleive that bringing in another QB is going to get this team playoff ready.

I'm sorry that the reality eludes you to the fact that even if we had a Brees or Manning type players in here, it would probably only net a few more wins on the year and chnces are that said "stud" QB would be injured here. If you thik Bree, Manning or Brady could tak the same beating JC has, you have some reality to check in on. Furthermore, a Brady/Manning/Brees type QB's are RARE. Good offensive linemen are not. The smart thing to do here is draft/FA linemen, keep JC (if we keep the system and HC only) and build from there. Draft a QB to groom... or start prepping Brennan.

With all the problems on this offense JC is nowhere near the top of the list. We need Tackles, Guards, Centers, Running back, then... QB. Ithink we are set at WR, TE, and FB.

He is the worst in Redskins history with the same or more starts.

How about your prefrence for Campbell over Brees? How did that pan out?

Your expertise in looking foolish in your own posts doesn't mean you can spot it in other members' posts. It is actually the opposite.

Ahhh... SoCal and the inevitable vitriol laden, not "on topic", cares more about flaming than actually having a civil discussion, posts have returned. It amazes how you persist to troll your own message board and not draw the ire of the powers that be... Your expertise at bing over dramatic and immature is boundless.

Lets not change topics to the Brees/Campbell thing again. We beat that to death and I explained my feelings there adnauseum. I never said Campbell was a better quarterback. I said he is a better fit here. Brees would likley be on IR as the starting QB for the Redskins. We may net a win or more, but Brees is not goig to be able to sit back all day (like he does in NO) and throw 50 yard bombs all day.

Lets drop it... you obviously have no intention of ever admitng you are wrong... about anything... so why bother. Just add me to your ignore list and persist at being the drama queen you have shown yourself to be. Its better that way...

say what you want about socals numbers, but theyre correct. for guys with as many starts, hes got the worst W/L record. thats pretty damning evidence.

Not really... thinking of the lack of QB pedigree the Skins have had over the years its not really than daming.

The only mirage I can really see is that people, such as yourself, really beleive that bringing in another QB is going to get this team playoff ready.

I'm sorry that the reality eludes you to the fact that even if we had a Brees or Manning type players in here, it would probably only net a few more wins on the year and chnces are that said "stud" QB would be injured here. If you thik Bree, Manning or Brady could tak the same beating JC has, you have some reality to check in on. Furthermore, a Brady/Manning/Brees type QB's are RARE. Good offensive linemen are not. The smart thing to do here is draft/FA linemen, keep JC (if we keep the system and HC only) and build from there. Draft a QB to groom... or start prepping Brennan.

With all the problems on this offense JC is nowhere near the top of the list. We need Tackles, Guards, Centers, Running back, then... QB. Ithink we are set at WR, TE, and FB.

I never said or beleive that brining in another QB would make us playoff ready, but we all know what were going to get from JC in far as wins/losses and production go. If the front office keeps JC and draft linemen I know that we will be a .500 team with little playoff potential and if were in a close game where we are trailing by a few points with time left in the 4th we wont win, and none of our receivers will be considered for all pro nominations, but I see some fans are content with that because o-lineman can change all of that.

Ahhh... It amazes how you persist to troll your own message board and not draw the ire of the powers that be...

Just add me to your ignore list and persist at being the drama queen you have shown yourself to be. Its better that way...

Hmm. Ire is such a strong word. :) However,I will say that this doesn't go unnoticed. Actually,(speaking for myself),what is easily noticed are the usual participants,(on both sides),in these threads,(Ahab anyone?), and how things usually degenerate in to subtle and not so subtle insults. I'll just say for the record that either everyon guitly of this,(you know who are),put each other in ignore or learn to play very nice with each other very quickly one or two things are going to happen. I'm going to close the thread and/or ban a few people. Just that simple.

I never said or beleive that brining in another QB would make us playoff ready, but we all know what were going to get from JC in far as wins/losses and production go. If the front office keeps JC and draft linemen I know that we will be a .500 team with little playoff potential and if were in a close game where we are trailing by a few points with time left in the 4th we wont win, and none of our receivers will be considered for all pro nominations, but I see some fans are content with that because o-lineman can change all of that.

Thats dead on. A solid line CAN change all that. It can bring back a non existent run game... which helps the passing game. MOre protection in the pocket allows time for more explsive plays. I find it really hard to beleive that even the most casual fan does not see the clear link o talent in the trenches and winning.

Say we dont keep JC long term (short deal). I would rather have him starting while we properly groom a new QB, than any other QB currently on Redskins roster.

FWIW... I care more about building this team to be a contender than making sure a few players make All-pro/Pro-bowl selections.

Thats dead on. A solid line CAN change all that. It can bring back a non existent run game... which helps the passing game. MOre protection in the pocket allows time for more explsive plays. I find it really hard to beleive that even the most casual fan does not see the clear link o talent in the trenches and winning.

Say we dont keep JC long term (short deal). I would rather have him starting while we properly groom a new QB, than any other QB currently on Redskins roster.

FWIW... I care more about building this team to be a contender than making sure a few players make All-pro/Pro-bowl selections.

I agree a oline can change the run game which opens up the passing game, but we've seen the movie where open receives get missed or overthrown.

But Passizle do you really think Campbell is that great of a stop-gap QB? I would prefer we acquire a QB that can really help groom a future QB, teach them the ins and outs of a system, as well as how to get acclimated to the NFL... Campbell is still getting acclimated to the NFL, and I'm not sure he would be thrilled to help groom a young QB that intends to take his job, though he has shown great class throughout his time here, I just think that would be too big a blow to his pride.

I agree a oline can change the run game which opens up the passing game, but we've seen the movie where open receives get missed or overthrown.

Agreed. But I can pull tape from any game on any week and see the same overthrows from any QB. Heck. How many overthrows did McNabb commit just last week? He was high and wide all day. I think we as skins fans focus too much on what our QB is not doing on every snap, compared what we assume every other QB IS doing on every snap by watching his highligh reel.

I saw a couple of strong games by JC the past few weeks. BUt like you said, there was a missed receiver on the Eagles game. Cant remeber down and distance... just there was a blitz pickup, JC completed to the guy under neath, but Samuel was really greedy that day and let DT go on an out route. DT "looked" wide open behind the defense and it "looked" like a sure fire TD. I cant say for sure because the camera dos not pan the filed past that play.

Anways.... to stay on subject matter. When we had solid line play last year, JC proved that by playing smart ball, we could win consistantly. People will bring up how CP was trucking at the time (which I agree with) and use that as a knock on JC... whil at the same time say that Flacco and Ryan were "leading" their teams to victory under the exact same circumstances.

Archived