Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Am I the only one who thinks Campbell is getting better?

Slateman

Nah... I lurk mostly now. This board has fallen far from grace. I definitley dont post as much as I used too. There is nothing new here. Another day, and another useless JC debate...

What would be a nice twist is to talk rip the rst of the team for tir shortcomings. A thread about Portis being done, or the front five being done, or the pros/cons of the next player we just called from his couch to be a offensive lineman would be nice...

Portis being done? Okay, well maybe it only appears that portis is "done" because no team is scared of Candle to throw, so they play against the run. Hmmm, it seems like our problems stem from Campbell and then trickle down :chair:

I think JC has gotten a lot better, and he's got the heart of a lion - still fighting desipte the absolute POUNDING he's taking. I would have no problem if he stuck around for next year. He's a decent QB who never gives up, carries himself like a professional and represents his team well. I can't help but root for the guy.

That said, is he Tom Brady? No. Is there a Tom Brady available for us to grab? No.

And to the Quinn and stafford Lovers, this proves one thing: Our Offensive Line is worse than the Browns or Lions, in fact it is the worst in the league
The Browns have a very solid O-Line.

If their skill positions weren't so terrible they'd have a dominant O-Line.

He played ok in Dallas - still couldnt get the W. His fault? Some of it. Not all.

Even when he did have a serviceable line, he wasnt that great.

time to move on.

Move on to who, exactly? Get rid of Campbell, draft a QB high and then throw him in behind our old, injury prone, patchwork line? Get rid of Campbell and hope that Collins doesn't get beaten to a pulp as an immobile QB behind a bad line, and that he does any better than JC has? Get rid of Campbell and just hope that Colt suddenly comes in and lights it up even though he looked pretty crappy this preseason, and couldn't even get close to taking the #2 spot from Collins? Or we could pick up one of the amazing FA QBs who will be available this offseason. I'd much rather sign JC to a modest contract and use the next couple of years to rebuild our OL and get a young high quality RB. Then once you have that in place if you still want to get rid of Campbell, fine. Do that then you can draft a top notch QB and actually give him some sort of chance to succeed.

Do you watch other games? Or do you just automatically assume that JC is horrible, hence everyone around the league does anything he does with ease?

LOL. that should be the question we should be asking you candle homers. LOL

one of the worst starting QB in the league and he is telling me if i watch other games. I almost spit out food reading that.

LOL. that should be the question we should be asking you candle homers. LOL

one of the worst starting QB in the league and he is telling me if i watch other games. I almost spit out food reading that.

In your opinion. You have no "facts" to back that up. But just judging from your post history, you dont seem to come around to discuss football. You are more akin to enjoy flaming.

Move on to who, exactly? Get rid of Campbell, draft a QB high and then throw him in behind our old, injury prone, patchwork line? Get rid of Campbell and hope that Collins doesn't get beaten to a pulp as an immobile QB behind a bad line, and that he does any better than JC has? Get rid of Campbell and just hope that Colt suddenly comes in and lights it up even though he looked pretty crappy this preseason, and couldn't even get close to taking the #2 spot from Collins? Or we could pick up one of the amazing FA QBs who will be available this offseason.
I'm just curious as to what the fear is here.

Jason Campbell behind a bad line gives us a 3-7 record and 14 points per game.

In your opinion. You have no "facts" to back that up. But just judging from your post history, you dont seem to come around to discuss football. You are more akin to enjoy flaming.

lets go with stats

since u candle homers love stats.

Tied for fewest TDs thrown for starting QB last yr with 13.

Shaun Hill started 8 games last yr and threw for 13 TD last yr. Thigpen started 11 games last yr and threw for 18 TDs. Not what you call elite QBs. not even considered good QBs.

This yr, only 2 starting QBs have managed to throw less TDs than candle. candle, one of the worst starting QB in the league. Notice i said One of the. not the worst QB. He fits in a group alright. figure it out.

But if you have set of eyes, you dont even need stats to tell how bad this guy is.

I have to say that I'm amazed at how many people still want to keep Campbell. There is nothing, nothing to gain from keeping him for another year.

We can speculate all we want about what Colt or a rookie QB would or wouldn't do on this team next year, but the fact is we don't know. With Campbell, we do know what he will do, and we don't need any more of it. There is no more "He'll get better this year", "Let's wait and see what happens", or "With a new _______ he'll be better". That is over. We know what he is.

We have had to put up with this awful non-scoring joke of an offense for his entire tenure as a Redskin. How could anybody possibly want to see more of that?

I want to see real NFL football. I want to see points. I want to see leadership. I want to see wins. The last thing I want to see is more Jason Campbell.

why do JC fans think that if a QB is selected that means the OL will the ignored once again? it's not like we only have 1 draft pick and can't sign FAs

right now we are 3-7 and scoring probably 15-17 points a game so if we were to play another QB next season, a rookie or a FA, i just don't see a dramatic drop off in terms of point production or wins/losses

why do JC fans think that if a QB is selected that means the OL will the ignored once again? it's not like we only have 1 draft pick and can't sign FAs

right now we are 3-7 and scoring probably 15-17 points a game so if we were to play another QB next season, a rookie or a FA, i just don't see a dramatic drop off in terms of point production or wins/losses

exactly. put collins or even colt even thought he is IR, point production will not drop and i assure you that it would go up. collin experiement a few yrs ago prove that with easy.

wow, just read this post. does it even make sense?

Here, I'll write it again so you cant comprehend it. It's like catering to candle's needs.

Exactly. Put collins or even colt in and the point prodcution will not drop, although he is on IR. Matter of fact, I assure you that it would go up. collin's experiement a few yrs ago prove that with easy.

Now, what would you like to continue doing? english 101 or football.

see ya buddy.

wow, just read this post. does it even make sense?

does this also make sense? while youre at it, spell and grammar check for me, since you like that kind of stuff.

lets go with stats

Shaun Hill started 8 games last yr and threw for 13 TD last yr. Thigpen started 11 games last yr and threw for 18 TDs. Not what you call elite QBs. not even considered good QBs.

This yr, only 2 starting QBs have managed to throw less TDs than candle. candle, one of the worst starting QB in the league. Notice i said One of the. not the worst QB. He fits in a group alright. figure it out.

But if you have set of eyes, you dont even need stats to tell how bad this guy is.

I say keep Campbell for another year and concentrate on rebuilding the O line.

Theres no way Brennan will be ready to start and theres no other QBs out there unless we draft one. If we did draft then hed get murdered behind the fragile Oline.

I dont think Campbell is quite as bad as a lot of ppl think, are we forgetting the start he had last season when beginning 6-2?? He only started playing badly when the Oline fell apart.

Im pretty sure the mistakes hes been making this year are mainly due to heavy pressure.

I dont think hes a great QB, but hes far from the worst and hes shown a lot of heart despite the pounding hes taken.

I say keep him for another year, rebuild other areas and then see how hings are going next year.

does this also make sense? while youre at it, spell and grammar check for me, since you like that kind of stuff.

lets go with stats

Did you seriously just pick out ONE STAT (which actually also happens to be a team stat as well) and give that as your proof?

Here, I'll write it again so you cant comprehend it. It's like catering to candle's needs.

Exactly. Put collins or even colt in and the point prodcution will not drop, although he is on IR. Matter of fact, I assure you that it would go up. collin's experiement a few yrs ago prove that with easy.

see ya buddy.

English 101 usually tells people to capitalize the first letter of someone's last name. Just saying. Also it's experiment, not experiement. And years, not yrs.

I'm not a Jason Campbell supporter, but it amazes me how people here expect him to put up Pro Bowl numbers every game. He's not that great, but it's not like he's the only one on the offensive side who's struggling. If I were starting a football team from any NFL players there are only two people on the offensive side I would want on my team. Samuels and Cooley. Everybody else? No. Is he part of the solution....no. But he's also not the whole problem either.

see ya buddy.

you sound highly educated

Archived