Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Aikman's dismissing DeAngelo's injury

MarkRascadizzle

I said it in the gameday thread. If I ever saw Joe Buck I honestly would punch him right in the face. He is awful at calling the game. He is the biggest jinx and cowboy lover ever.
YES. absolutely agree with this. whenever, every single time, he brings up obscure and meaningless stats, the opposite happens!

Totally disagree. He was trashing Romo sits to pee's throws today. He was saying that Roy Williams has missed alot of of opportunities and other players who really weren't up to snuff in his professional football opinion. I think that Aikman and Buck are definitely worth their #1 billing. They really are great at what they do and they give great insight unlike Moose, Goose and Albert. I really can't stand listening to Goose. That guy is a total idiot. Moose is a good player, but isn't always on point like he once was when he first broke into the broadcasting game.

So? Redskins fans bash their players all the time, doesn't mean we're not biased towards them.

Commentators are one thing, when your media is biased on what they show on TV that's another. There was a couple of times the replays we saw here were Cowboy biased.

Example 1: When the Cowboys WR took a hard hit and stayed on the turf for a while they never showed the actual hit (sometime in 1st half). It wasn't that hard hitting or gruesome. Why not show the hit? Who doesn't like hard hitting?

Example 2: The Cowboys were given a questionable first down on a running play (1st half). It appeared for a moment Zorn my challenge the call. They don't even mention the possibility of the bad spot or show the reply on TV

Then there was the bogus talk about the 3rd down/penalty when Jason threw the ball out of play. The camera angles showed Jason running from the front, never from the back side once where you could see his arm and throwing motion.

Yes the case that TV was in Dallas's corner is a valid one. The comments from Aikman and Buck were there own. But it's in the networks best interest that the Cowboys won this game so I can understand why they do that.

They really are great at what they do and they give great insight unlike Moose, Goose and Albert. I really can't stand listening to Goose. That guy is a total idiot. Moose is a good player, but isn't always on point like he once was when he first broke into the broadcasting game.
Goose is a moron. They just stick him down on the sideline somewhere and he'll break in with something like "I gotta tell you guys...it is COLD down here! I don't know if you can guys can tell up there in the booth, but it's really cold! Now back to you."

Thanks for that Goose.

I think Aikman is usually a pretty good commentator, but today he was disgustingly pro-Cowboy. The most annoying to me was the "illegal contact" on Santana where the defender actually grabbed his jersey over the middle, and Troy spent three plays railing about how the refs were too picky.
He was being objective. It wasn't illegal contact. It just happened to be that a Cowboys player had a bad call against him and he was pointing it out.

Aikman is one of the best color commentators doing NFL games right now. The fact he seems so unbiased against a team he should rightfully hate is a testament to him being a professional.

It seems like you guys that think he is biased are trying to create something that isn't there simply because he was/is a Cowboy. I'm pretty sure if you asked an outsider (a fan of someone other than dallas/wash) if they thought he was biased against Washington they would say no.

It kind of boggles my mind to read people saying how he hates the Redskins and is blatantly rooting for the Cowboys during the broadcast...you guys sound like you have some altered perception of reality =p

I thought Aikman was a great announcer in the past b/c he never took a teams side.The last few years thow he has turned a complete 360 when doing Cowboys games.I personally think a player turned announcer should'nt be allowed to do be a color commentator for their old team they played for b/c everybody knows they want their team to win.

I would like to know how many Dallas games has Aikman done this year?It seems like he has done almost all of them.

Commentators are one thing, when your media is biased on what they show on TV that's another. There was a couple of times the replays we saw here were Cowboy biased.

Example 1: When the Cowboys WR took a hard hit and stayed on the turf for a while they never showed the actual hit (sometime in 1st half). It wasn't that hard hitting or gruesome. Why not show the hit? Who doesn't like hard hitting?

Example 2: The Cowboys were given a questionable first down on a running play (1st half). It appeared for a moment Zorn my challenge the call. They don't even mention the possibility of the bad spot or show the reply on TV

Then there was the bogus talk about the 3rd down/penalty when Jason threw the ball out of play. The camera angles showed Jason running from the front, never from the back side once where you could see his arm and throwing motion.

Yes the case that TV was in Dallas's corner is a valid one. The comments from Aikman and Buck were there own. But it's in the networks best interest that the Cowboys won this game so I can understand why they do that.

Wow Dude, if that's not reaching I don't know what is.

I thought Aikman was a great announcer in the past b/c he never took a teams side.The last few years thow he has turned a complete 360 when doing Cowboys games.I personally think a player turned announcer should'nt be allowed to do be a color commentator for their old team they played for b/c everybody knows they want their team to win.

I would like to know how many Dallas games has Aikman done this year?It seems like he has done almost all of them.

They don't even take that in to consideration. Fox rates their teams. Joe and Troy are #1, Moose and company are #2, and so on. The #1 team will always do the game that will most likely have the biggest rating share and with the largest viewing area regardless of who that may be. Then Moose and on down. The Cowboys always have the biggest draw. That is why they have more primetime games. That and when they play AFC teams at home (CBS) are the only times that Troy and Joe don't do them.

I like Troy a lot.

Joe Buck on the other hand, really gets on my nerves and has for years. He has an obvious dislike for the Skins. And it always seems to me like he is trying to get Troy's approval. He gets excited every time there is a negative play for the Skins and then seems to look to Troy for validation.

Joe: "Well it looks like the Redskins season is over, they are still a team that will never get it together. I mean, it seems that every time I say something like: "Their kicker hasn't missed a kick all season." he goes and misses two, costing the Redskins the game. I can't believe my ability to screw them from the booth. I do it all for you Troy. Don't cha think the Redskins suck Troy? I mean Dallas is the greatest right Troy? Your eyes are so blue Troy. I sure would like to run my fingers through your hair Troy."

Troy: "I think your a moron, get your nose out of my jock. If it wasn't for your daddy, you would be mopping out a bathroom in some Denny's somewhere. BTW, Artie Lange will be stopping by the booth later."

Hahahha, Aikman has no bias, and he's the best in the business by leaps and bounds. I look forward to his games.

You guys do realize that that "director" credit near the end of the game isn't just lip service, right? The director says what cameras shoot what and what the announcers discuss.

I'm pretty sure if you asked an outsider (a fan of someone other than dallas/wash) if they thought he was biased against Washington they would say no.

And I'm pretty sure you're wrong. My buddy texted me at the start of the second quarter and asked me if I had turned down the sound on my TV.

And he's a huge Giant fan.

This wasn't Skins fans 'perceiving' some pukes bias that wasn't there. Aikman's obvious puke bias is nauseating.

And on the illegal contact call that he continued to whine about for 3 plays: the replay clearly showed the defender pushing Moss after 10 yards. Moss started the play on the 30 and the defender was standing on the 40 when Moss made his cut to the middle. It wasn't even close. Even my wife figured out it was 10 yards from where Moss had started.

I think Aikman is usually a pretty good commentator, but today he was disgustingly pro-Cowboy. The most annoying to me was the "illegal contact" on Santana where the defender actually grabbed his jersey over the middle, and Troy spent three plays railing about how the refs were too picky.

He was being objective. It wasn't illegal contact. It just happened to be that a Cowboys player had a bad call against him and he was pointing it out.

Yeah I agree that it wasn't "illegal contact" it was "pass interference". Are you suggesting that a defender should be allowed to grab a receiver's jersey to slow him down just before the ball arrives?

A starting QB injury is headline material. A starting CB injury is a blurb at the end of the game recap.

Even when both players are hurt on the same play? I mean they're going on and on about Romo sits to pee as he's WALKING off the field and Hall was still lying on the ground.

Again, I typically like Troy and have said so here on ES. Yesterday though, man the dude was all over Boy's berries. It wasn't as much what things he said as it was the things he didn't say about the Redskins. Just didn't give them much love at all. LL was crushing dudes yesterday, Rocky Mc was laying the wood, nothing. "I think Romo sits to pee may still be hurting from the knee to the back"

Again, like I said previously, it was probably more Joe Suck than it was Troy but there was definitely some one sided "coloring" yesterday and it was all towards the guys with the stars on their helmets.

A starting QB injury is headline material. A starting CB injury is a blurb at the end of the game recap.

Romo sits to pee had what is classified as an "ouchy bump".. or in lay-terms; a "boo-boo".

On the play, Romo sits to pee was in pain, but up and moving fairly quickly.. Deangelo looked like he was unconscious for the few seconds the camera had him in the shot.

I understand that if a QB is hurt, it is impotant, but it is inexcusable to wait over 5 minutes before Hall being injured is even MENTIONED.

By the time they had the shots of Romo sits to pee on the sideline rubbing his ouchy little booboo they knew he was at least not injured severely, yet they stayed with that compelling non-story rather then even SAYING that Hall got hurt, and was OK, flat on his back/ on the cart/ dead.. who knew?

Considering he's a fifty million dollar man who's injury could have changed the game considerably I think it was a development that at least warranted Joe Buck to even SAY he got hurt.

Aikman isn't biased, but Fox sure as hell is.

~Bang

Archived