Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Obama's Frightening Insensitivity Following Shooting

ThinSkin

How can anyone take this thread seriously when the OP has a Palin sig. Anyone who can take her seriously is obviously either delusional or woefully ignorant.

The REAL question should be: How can anyone who voted for Obama be taken seriously?

I saw it live, and he had been at a Native American conference all day and opened his remarks (which by the way WERE the scheduled closing remarks of the conference) by focusing first on the conference, and then moving into the tragedy.

i don't have a problem with it, but then again I don't have a Thin Skin, or a Thick Skull.

Of course, using a tragedy such as happened yesterday to smear politically is the lowest form of slime, and it doesn't shock me in the slightest to see it deployed in much the same way GB was smeared for sitting with schoolkids while 9-11 was happening.

Grow up, people.

~Bang

Ah, and I was just sitting here thinking how I was glad you didn't have some sort of agenda when you started this thread.

I have to admit - I'm somewhat disappointed.

My agenda is to do my little part to try and expose Obama for what he is, and that is, an empty suit. But the really "blind" among us will not see that, and go to their grave thinking he was the best thing since sliced bread.

How can anyone take this thread seriously when the OP has a Palin sig. Anyone who can take her seriously is obviously either delusional or woefully ignorant.

I was thinking the same thing...someone questioning the leadership of the President, yet they want Sarah Palin for President?

Pretty ironic if you ask me.

This is why I like coming to the Tailgate. I don't like the comments after news articles on websites like CNN.com, but I like to get a sense of the opinion of actual people (not talking heads) following news stories.

This thread illustrates the Tailgate's value. OP goes off the deep end, multiple posters point out the ridiculous spin, reasoned analysis, point taken.

My agenda is to do my little part to try and expose Obama for what he is, and that is, an empty suit. But the really "blind" among us will not see that, and go to their grave thinking he was the best thing since sliced bread.

So why do you bother?

You've already said you can't take anyone who voted for obama seriously, and yet here you are pretending to try to perform some valiant public service towards people whom you firmly believe won't listen.

Serious question. If you honestly believe that none of them will listen, why do you start?

It's to snipe and fight isn't it? Be honest. It's only so you can sit back and run through your litany of insults. If you really don't expect anyone who would disagree with you to listen, that can be the only reasonable answer I can see.

Final sentence retracted.

~Bang

I was thinking the same thing...someone questioning the leadership of the President, yet they want Sarah Palin for President?

Pretty ironic if you ask me.

Some people try and speculate that Palin would be incompetent as President. Obama has proven he's incompetent as President.

So why do you bother?

You've already said you can't take anyone who voted for obama seriously, and yet here you are pretending to try to perform some valiant public service towards people whom you firmly believe won't listen.

Serious question. If you honestly believe that none of them will listen, why do you start?

It's to snipe and fight isn't it? Be honest. It's only so you can sit back and run through your litany of insults. If you really don't expect anyone who would disagree with you to listen, that can be the only reasonable answer I can see.

Hey, maybe tomorrow a bunch of children will be murdered so you can tell us all again how bad Obama is!

You can always hope!

~Bang

Except for that last sentence, you have a point. I'm out.

I didn't realize that because someone supports a politician that you ideologically disagree with that their opinions were relegated to irrelevant? Doesn't that mean that any Rep can dismiss your views because you support Obama? Or does it only work when the politician in question is not from the party you identify with.

Translation: You accuse someone of being a hack by being a hack.

I love it. Typical Palin follower. Trying to use this tragedy to spotlight our "failed leader." Give it a break. The focus is on whats going on at Ft. Hood. It has nothing to do with anything but that. If you want a forum to spew your liberal bashing try "Fair and Balanced" Fox News.

How can anyone take this thread seriously when the OP has a Palin sig.

What a fair, objective, un-biased, and bi-partisan statement.

Anyone who can take her seriously is obviously either delusional or woefully ignorant.

About 60 Million people voted for her ticket.

You're calling that many Americans delusional or woefully ignorant ?

I had a bit of an issue with the GWB thing as 9/11 unfolded. The country seemed to be under attack in multiple places. I think the President should have politely, but authoritatively excused himself and gotten immediately to the business of doing what needed to be done. He could not be at his most effective within that environment.

In that, I think the situations differ. This was a tragedy like Columbine, like Virginia Tech, like a number of other very serious situations and the President did need to address it and bring it to number 1 on his attention scale, but while this is a national tragedy it wasn't a national emergency.

Dislking Palin has very little to do with partisan differences for most people.

About 60 milion people voted for the John McCain ticket - which happened to have her as the VP candidate.

From my experience anyway a TON of people voted for McCain while praying to God nothing happened to him while he was in office so that seh couldn't gain any type of power.

Yes, I'll call anyone who still supports Sarah Palin to be the POTUS to be woefully ignorant. Maybe not before but once she quit her job early and started making up stuff about "death panels" it's time to let go and find a new candidate with your worldview.

I had a bit of an issue with the GWB thing as 9/11 unfolded. The country seemed to be under attack in multiple places. I think the President should have politely, but authoritatively excused himself and gotten immediately to the business of doing what needed to be done. He could not be at his most effective within that environment.

In that, I think the situations differ. This was a tragedy like Columbine, like Virginia Tech, like a number of other very serious situations and the President did need to address it and bring it to number 1 on his attention scale, but while this is a national tragedy it wasn't a national emergency.

Burgold, after Bush was told the shocking news, the amount of time he delayed was just about enough for the Secret Service to pull his car around. It was insignificant. The criticism he got for that was unfair, IMO, and is similar to the unfair flak Obama is getting now from a very few people with axes to grind.

Burgold, after Bush was told the shocking news, the amount of time he delayed was just about enough for the Secret Service to pull his car around. It was insignificant. The criticism he got for that was unfair, IMO, and is similar to the unfair flak Obama is getting now from a very few people with axes to grind.

If that's the case I retract what I wrote. I seemed to remember a turnaround that was about an hour, but these details get hazy and mixed with myth.

Are you kidding? ANybody who voted for a major party candidate is delusional and woefully ignorant.:D

Archived